Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-Aug-20 06:12:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start here in Brackley and looking damp outside this morning.
Today my usual shop ,have my lunch and then watch the drama unfold in the cycling on Eurosport this afternoon.
Mind you locally yesterday as i went out we had thunder and lightning and a heavy downpour .
Take Care ,
Mick

gillybob Fri 14-Aug-20 12:40:02

JenniferEccles

*gillybob I hate to be a pessimist, and I certainly can’t claim to know anything about engineering, but is it possible the company are attempting to do the job themselves and picking your brains when they get stuck?

That could explain the probing questions spread out over time.

Like I said, you are the experts but I wonder if it does happen to small companies.

I hope I’m wrong.

Unfortunately it does happen exactly like that sometimes JenniferEccles . We are very specialized in what we do and our main competitor is usually the customer themselves who come to us with a problem that needs solving. In order to quote we basically have to give them a fully costed description of how we would go about it. Its impossible to do it any other way.

I think many large companies do use small companies for their expertise with no intention of placing an order with them. My accountant and I have looked at it so many times but there really is no other way.

With this particular customer I am not sure whether its a case of making sure ever "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed before placing the order, or they are stealing our intellectual property from right under our noses.

JenniferEccles Fri 14-Aug-20 22:49:09

Oh dear gilly

It must be incredibly frustrating to feel that all the information you give could be for nothing.

It sounds a tough business to be in.

I hope it all works out for you with this particular order.

A lot of people have a dream of running their own business but you have explained just how tough it is in reality.

gillybob Fri 14-Aug-20 23:09:36

Thank you for your kind words and your interest JenniferE . I honestly wouldn’t wish “running a small business“ on my worst enemy. (Unless they were a cash business of course which is a whole different ball game than mine) . hmm