Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Thu 20-Aug-20 06:16:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a clear bright start here in Brackley and dry as well.
My usual day of on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester , I am hoping this routine may alter once the schools go back and most bus routes operate there normal schedules .
A bit of a tidy up before I go as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

GrannySomerset Thu 20-Aug-20 10:07:17

Feel I have done a day’s work already - DH bathed, shaved, finger nails cut etc, second load of washing in and waiting for a visit from the chiropodist shortly. Washing machines appears to have sprung a leak and I can’t pull it out to see whether it’s just a faulty connection to the water supply or something worse. My regular handyman appears to have gone off grid so will need to ask a neighbour I think. A puddle appears on the floor some hours after the machine has been in use so I can’t just ignore it. DH creates a significant amount of laundry these days so the machine is essential.

Hoping Gilly has the day she needs and that all those unwell and worried have a better day. My hay fever is in overdrive this morning - is anyone else similarly afflicted?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 20-Aug-20 10:15:11

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. A quiet day, the ironing's all done but not put away yet. As it's not raining I may potter in the garden.

Oh Marydoll I feel for you, as do we all. I wouldn't feel in the least embarrassed at bursting into tears in public - it demonstrates how frustrating their incompetence has been for you. Maybe in future they'll take better care with your requirements.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with worries or illness.

Nortsat Thu 20-Aug-20 10:20:39

Thank you Nankate and Marydoll for your good wishes.

I popped back to offer my sympathy to Marydoll at the utter frustration of the repeat prescriptions. I felt tearful just reading about your tears.
I know that feeling of utter helplessness which leads to tears. I burst into tears on the phone with my GP’s receptionist, when I couldn’t get an appointment, a few weeks ago. I was feeling really unwell and couldn’t cope with her ‘brick wall’ attitude.

I think the Pharmacy ought to be buying you some chocolates instead ... so I am sending you some ???? ...

Karalou51 Thu 20-Aug-20 10:21:17

What a lovely, lovely thread! I had a really disturbed night, despair of some of my neighbours and finally woke with a streaming cold!
I flicked through the normal angxst on Mum's and Gransnet and resolved to go back to bed!
But then this lovely happy message popped up and I started to read everyone's happy, positive news and I feel SO much better than I have in months! So, thankyou everyone!
The elderly lady and her dog who caused the 2am disturbance, with hindsight, must have been pretty shaken. I woke, still in a grump but now I think I'll pop over and see if she's ok. Also have a chat with the other neighbour who did go out to help!
I feel really happy and positive today. Thank you all..... and have a good day, wherever you are... ?

Urmstongran Thu 20-Aug-20 10:27:39

Welcome to you Karalou ?
This is indeed a cheery thread. Hope to see you posting regularly!
?

EllanVannin Thu 20-Aug-20 10:39:02

Good grief Marydoll I can't believe your medication has only just been resolved. It's no wonder you broke down as I think most of us would have done at that point. I felt for you.
Just sit back and rest yourself after that ordeal. x

EllanVannin Thu 20-Aug-20 10:41:53

GrannySomerset, sounds as though there could be a kink in the pump on the washing machine. I remember having such a problem in the past and force of habit now has me bunging an old towel underneath---just in case.

EllanVannin Thu 20-Aug-20 10:44:21

Welcome to Karalou. After a while you'll feel as though you know everyone. It's a great thread where you can pour out all your moans and groans too and you're not judged.

CherryCezzy Thu 20-Aug-20 10:47:09

Just popping back between call, text etc. to say - Nortsat I hope the garden get together with your friend is just the happy tonic you need ?

Marydoll, thanks ☺️. Don't be embarrassed about crying at the pharmacy, it's completely understandable and they have been very remiss ?. Enjoy your new chair when it arrives ?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 20-Aug-20 11:16:53

Good Morning from sunny Harrogate! Took the bandage off my foot and stuck it in a plastic bag, fastened with tape, then had a shower!! It worked!! Not sure what today will bring, possibly a bit of baking then taking the dog for a walk, finishing my Asda Order, Organising a meal for tonight and chatting to my two sisters, then flake out!
Hope all are feeling well.

JenniferEccles Thu 20-Aug-20 11:18:02

Oh my goodness Marydoll you were perfectly justified in crying tears of pure frustration.

Honestly the incompetence of that pharmacy is astonishing isn’t it?
So it wasn’t until they could see how upset you were that the missing meds miraculously appeared.

Rather than you giving them chocolates, they should buy you some in my opinion.

Would it be worth relaying the tale to your GP?

Marydoll Thu 20-Aug-20 11:25:25

JenniferEccles, that would be an excellent idea and I have considered it. However, my GP seems to have been unavailable during the whole of my sheilding time!
I haven't heard from him since before Lockdown. It has been a constant battle to speak to anyone in the surgery, let alone him.
Thank goodness for my lovely, retired consultant, who has been keeping an eye on me.

Sorry, I'm a right misery guts today! grin. I'm at war with the world, best to keep your distance. ?

Mapleleaf Thu 20-Aug-20 11:28:23

A late good morning to you all.

Welcome to the new posters and good to see you back, ninathenanna.

I've only flicked quickly through the posts so apologies if I've missed anyone with birthdays or social news. I'll go back through them all once I've posted.

So glad you got your prescription sorted out eventually Marydoll. I'm not surprised you burst into tears though - it's the sheer frustration, isn't it?

It's a bright, sunny morning today after yesterday's heavy downpours. I suppose the rain has been good for the gardens.

Pilates was good again this morning. It's quite strenuous exercise in a subtle way. ?

I hope today is kind to you all and I send special thoughts to all suffering difficulties or worries. ?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 20-Aug-20 11:48:34

A very late good morning from a very windy north of Scotland. I was righting all the pots that blew over during the night at 7 am. It was bright and peaceful so had my tea outside, then all the heavy farm machinery started going past and I can see that harvest time is here. I am fascinated by how high tech the heavy equipment is and can’t imagine what it costs. It is a contrast to an old family photo of everyone in the field following the men with their scythes and building the haystacks. Best wishes to all.

JenniferEccles Thu 20-Aug-20 11:51:31

I think anyone would be at war with the world under your circumstances Marydoll !

I am beginning to wonder if GPs are rather liking this ‘working from home’ a little too much.

Might they be reluctant to return to normal?

Trisha57 Thu 20-Aug-20 11:52:42

Good morning all. Quite cloudy but with some sun peeping through here in Hertfordshire. Warm too, so some gardening later. Making tomato and basil pasta sauce this morning with produce from the garden. DH is occupied washing out the wheelie bins, which he finds therapeutic for some reason! Hope you all have a good day. Hugs to those who are having a difficult time. flowers

Marydoll Thu 20-Aug-20 11:56:21

Trisha please send your DH to do my bins if he is bored. wink

Taichinan Thu 20-Aug-20 12:07:29

Good morning (just!) from the Angus coast where, wait for it, the sun is shining again! Not gloriously so, but there nonetheless. It really boosts my spirits. It's actually rather autumnal-looking, but we'll not go there I haven't had a chance to read today's posts yet but am looking forward to doing so after the Natterjacks (aka art group) have left. Has anyone else found the delightful programme 'The Joy if Painting' on BBC4? It's in at 7 30pm Mon-Thurs. I really recommend it for the joy and relaxation, even though I am (or was when I painted!) a watercolourist. It's such a delight to watch a beautiful painting materialise in less than 30 minutes, and Bob Ross's narrative as he works is so lovely. My favourite discovery during lockdown My meal for tonight is ready, apart from the veg, so an easy evening when everyone has left It should be tai chi on the lawn tomorrow but the forecast is not promising - but you never know. Have a lovely peaceful day everyone ???