Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Aug-20 06:14:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start but a dull grey sky at the moment .
Nice easy day today some housework and watch TV cycling wise with the European Champs , and slowly by the end of the week the start of the later planned Tour De France , to predict a winner for that race is a big gamble .
With Covid -19 playing its part in the event which could effect the race as well, and the final outcome .
Take Care ,
Mick

Nortsat Mon 24-Aug-20 12:00:03

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a bright east London.

Busy morning with housework, grocery delivery and this afternoon we are going out to collect something ... (I’ll stay in the car).

Have a good day all, I’ll pop back later to catch up on everyone’s news... ?

EllanVannin Mon 24-Aug-20 12:39:57

One little job I nearly forgot---to read my electric meter. Well, job done, phoned company who'd sent an estimated bill on Saturday for £ 130.68---the proper bill is £59 ! Bit of a difference isn't it ?

I'd still like to know where the £400+ bills came from for a 1 bedroom flat !!

No wonder I don't have a direct debit, they'd be charging what they liked per month.

Pantglas2 Mon 24-Aug-20 13:15:37

How lovely your GS sounds Gwen - I shall be using twoty thru to twoty-nine in future ?

Curlywhirly Mon 24-Aug-20 13:39:25

Lucy127 aw, a Golden Retriever puppy! How lovely. We have a Labrador Retriever, she was 10 weeks old when we got her. The retriever instinct is very strong and as Grandmabatty has said, when someone comes to visit (and whenever your dog greets you) they need to bring you a gift. Our house has a variety of small soft toys scattered in each room for this very purpose. If she can't find anything to bring you, she pulls at our clothes, she just must have something in her mouth! They do chew a lot when they are young, so make sure to move all your shoes and gloves out of harms way! Our dog soon grew out of chewing and she wouldn't dream of destroying anything; whereas our previous lab chewed everything he could get his teeth into well into old age ?

Nortsat Mon 24-Aug-20 15:01:24

Popped back to say ... talking about pets bringing something to the door, our elderly cat Missy always leaves a toy in the hall for us to find, when we’ve been out.

She excelled herself a few weeks ago and dragged a pair of my knickers into the hall.
(I don’t know where she got them from, presumably they fell out of the washing basket).

Rufus2 Mon 24-Aug-20 15:23:20

our Pre Diamond wedding (actual date is 27th) picnic yesterday was perfect
Megs Congratulations again to you and your husband! Well organised, even down to the weather smile
Unlike my evening; another carefully crafted message disappeared without trace! sad
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

GrannyGravy13 Mon 24-Aug-20 15:42:50

Urmstongran

I bet you’d love the book GG13!
I imagine your grandson is nagging for a pony as he’s a tad underage for the pub!
?

????? only just revisited this thread definitely meant pony not pint

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 24-Aug-20 21:03:51

Pantglas2 he is lovely - a little monkey, too. After two-ty-nine come three-ty, etc. It does make more sense!! You will find him on facebook if yu search for thisisElijahUK. He's great company

Susan56 Mon 24-Aug-20 21:11:30

Gwen I just looked up his Facebook page.He’s absolutely delightful?

CanadianGran Mon 24-Aug-20 21:54:01

Good evening to you all! How lovely to hear ordinary going-ons with this great group.

Lucy - yay a new pup! congratulations, and isn't it nice to pick one from the litter. Then you will have some time to get ready. We chose our dog (an Australian shepherd) on line,so went purely by photos in an email, and did not get a chance to meet her prior to pick up. As it turns out by the time we made our choice, she was the last of the litter, so it was fate! Dogs do bring such joy, and they keep you out walking, whatever the weather.

Gwen, I also checked out your grandson's instagram; he looks like a happy boy! And yes, two-ty and three-ty makes sense.

I had my local granchildren over yesterday for a few hours, gs6 and gd5. We sorted out the coin jar, coloured and played legos. GD5 talks counts faster than her fingers point, so she still hasn't made the connection that each item only gets one number, but we are working on it!

Megs36 Mon 24-Aug-20 23:06:33

Thanks Rufus.????????