Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your husbands answer be ?

(99 Posts)
paddyanne Tue 15-Sep-20 23:36:14

My OH came downstairs chuckling,he's been on a phone call to a friend celebrating a big anniversary .When he asked his friend what he appreciated about the years with his wife the answer was" She's always kept a good clean house" Imust say I'd hope my husband appreciated me for more than CLEANING!! What would you expect your OH to say if he was asked?
m

Oopsminty Tue 15-Sep-20 23:43:46

Certainly wouldn't be cleaning or cooking!

I'd ask him but he's asleep

I think he might say I have a good sense of humour and he loves to hear me speak Spanish to him. I can be swearing away at him and he just smiles sweetly

Oh and I've never nagged.

I think that's the key to a happy marriage

MiniMoon Wed 16-Sep-20 00:04:06

My husband gave me a pair of earrings the other day. A gift I wasn't expecting.
I thanked him, and asked why he bought them for me.
His reply was that they were a thank you for all the lovely meals, and things.
"Oh", I said, "a thank you for being a good wife then".
" Yes" said he.

It's nice to be appreciated, and the earrings are lovely and match a pendant that I have had for ages.

paddyanne Wed 16-Sep-20 00:38:18

I've never nagged either oopsminty but he says our daughter has nagge dhim since the day she could talk ..she's 42.Thats a lot of nagging ,but he loves her to the moon and back

kittylester Wed 16-Sep-20 07:29:35

I daren't ask him - he might say 'nothing'grin

Illte Wed 16-Sep-20 08:23:28

He's not here now, but I know exactly what my husbands answer would have been ???

Ive just asked my live in partner.
He said "Your mind"

How times change ?

sodapop Wed 16-Sep-20 08:37:26

Just for being me really, warts and all. I nag all the time and we disagree frequently but we wouldn't change each other for the world.

DanniRae Wed 16-Sep-20 09:11:08

I think it's best that I don't ask - enough said hmm

Witzend Wed 16-Sep-20 09:23:15

I dare say my dh would mention endless nice dinners, but then he’s utterly unfussy and likes whatever I make.

I would hope that he’d add, ‘and being my best friend’, but I don’t want to push my luck. ?

No chance of him mentioning anything to do with cleaning, though!

Bellanonna Wed 16-Sep-20 09:33:42

It would certainly have nothing to do with housewifeliness.
He’d probably say that I make him laugh (in a good way).

deanswaydolly Wed 16-Sep-20 09:52:56

just asked mine.....he said friendship which I guess is good lol

Pamaga Wed 16-Sep-20 09:55:54

I'm tempted to ask him but I suspect he appreciates my sense of humour.
Ok, I've just asked him as he is sitting opposite me and he says "kindness"
I'll settle for that!

catherine123 Wed 16-Sep-20 09:58:04

I asked my husband a while back and guess what YOU KEEP THE HOUSE LOVELY didnt talk to him for the rest of the day but he was ok with that .

polnan Wed 16-Sep-20 10:00:01

I think my husbands first answer would have been "your legs"
he always said he liked my legs...

but seriously, I would hope he would have said, well many things, friendship and all that involves,, or is that just me?

Lilyflower Wed 16-Sep-20 10:00:12

I think mine's gone off me a bit after 41 years!

Davida1968 Wed 16-Sep-20 10:02:20

I always knew that I have the nicest possible DH. Without hesitation, and in all seriousness he said: "Thats easy! You're gorgeous, you're funny, you're intelligent, you're practical...."
I think he's a keeper.

NanaPlenty Wed 16-Sep-20 10:03:03

He would say I’m kind and caring (he does stretch my kindness and caring though?)

Dareyouto Wed 16-Sep-20 10:07:03

I went to the cinema to see An Officer and a Gentleman. When I got home my husband asked the usual questions and I said the romantic ending was just perfect.
He said he could be romantic too and I asked him to say something romantic to me. I can still picture him when he replied with “ that was a lovely dinner you cooked earlier and the pudding was even better”.
He’s now my ex-husband but I can’t quite remember why! ?

ayse Wed 16-Sep-20 10:07:32

That I’m wonderful in most ways ?

Nortsat Wed 16-Sep-20 10:07:44

My partner said yesterday that he appreciates our relationship, because we’re kind, supportive and loving to one another and we laugh together.

So I haven’t asked him today, but that was his unsolicited view yesterday...

maryrose54 Wed 16-Sep-20 10:12:50

Probably something positive related to being a mother and wife. Definitely nothing to do with my looks or witty conversation!

Craftycat Wed 16-Sep-20 10:13:29

Funnily enough just yesterday I heard him on the phone to a work colleague saying 'I'm a bit spoilt as my wife is a wonderful cook'. He did not mention housework which is not at all surprising!!!
Why dust & polish when you could be making cakes?

Moggycuddler Wed 16-Sep-20 10:18:55

I imagine he'd probably say something about all the nice meals, as he loves his grub! But I'd hope he'd also say something about being always supportive and his best friend over 41 years. That would probably please me most. I might ask him later!

BlueSky Wed 16-Sep-20 10:22:01

"She put up with me all these years"! grin

Henny2020 Wed 16-Sep-20 10:22:13

I have no idea what mine would say. But I just wondered what I would say if I was asked the same question about him..... I would probably say "Hugs"!
(32 yrs this month)