Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-Sep-20 06:13:19

Good Morning Everyone,
A twilight start but it is dry here in Brackley this morning , my usual day out to Buckingham and Bicester .
Browse ,and but plus have a coffee and a pork slices with stuffing bap as its seasonal .
Come back home and watch TV .
Take Care ,
Mick

grannysyb Tue 22-Sep-20 08:05:55

Lovely day here in Teddington, I have to tidy a cupboard this morning so all our important papers can fit in there, and then get on with some sewing. Hope all goes well for your cousin, Nortsat and good wishes to Hattie. Good wishes also to all feeling under the weather.

Ashcombe Tue 22-Sep-20 08:09:07

Good morning, everyone!
A fine but cooler start here in France. The temperatures are reducing each day; DH has just told me that France has experienced its driest Summer ever! We find that sitting outside is possible only until late morning, after which we retreat to the blessed “coolth” of the house until early evening. Last night, as the evenings are drawing in, we enjoyed dinner by moonlight! The photo is from a family visit.
Wishing everyone a good day, whether at work or play.

mancgirl Tue 22-Sep-20 08:19:27

It really was a lovely afternoon brook tried to post a pic but didn't happen. I can see a paper clip icon to attach one but it doesn't work. It could just be me though!

NfkDumpling Tue 22-Sep-20 08:24:57

Marydoll

*NFK*, my friend found the furniture on Facebook Marketplace
She joined Facebook for that sole purpose. I'm really naive about things like that.?

The seller had lots of beautiful things for sale. I spotted a vase I liked and asked how much it was.
The seller replied: It's not for sale, my dead husband bought it for me ?

Thanks Marydoll, I hadn't actually thought of looking on there!

GrannyOwl5 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:29:43

Good morning everyone from North Yorkshire on day three of our holiday. Lovely day yesterday walking round Bolton Abbey, Strid Wood and along the River Wharfe.
Today we are off to visit RHS Harlow Carr. It’s always good to wander about gaining inspiration from how the experts do things; I am inclined to plonk my new plants wherever and tell them to get on with it or the compost heap awaits! They usually oblige. I shall have a waft through the shop - mask firmly on - while OH will maintain that there is no room in the garden for any more plants - but there’s always a gap however small!
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday despite the current trials and tribulations; one day at a time is my motto.

Oopsadaisy4 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:35:54

Good morning everybody from a lovely sunny Oxfordshire, we have Men on the Roof, day 2 but it’s looking better already.
Best wishesTo maw and to hattie and fingers crossed .
Best wishes also to marydoll and anyone who isn’t having a good time.
As all doors and windows have to be closed and dust and moss will be swirling around for another day, it’s an indoors day again today, but I might go and pick some Blackberries later, although I have paperwork that needs to be done and I keep putting it off.
Still nursing slapped wrists from yesterday.!!

Gingster Tue 22-Sep-20 08:36:45

Good morning all from a beautiful, peaceful Suffolk coast. I slept longer this morning as it’s so quiet here. Same goes for little pooch- nothing disturbs her and she snoozes on.

We haven’t been here for 3 weeks and we have a record breaking crop of tomatoes. See pic ?. I will make passata and chutney. Along with my DB’s orchard apples I should have enough jars for all the family. Mmmm lemon curd Pantglas I haven’t made that in a while. Think I’ll give it a go and hopefully not got bits of scrambled egg in it. ?. It’s going to rain from tomorrow so a good time for preserving and baking.

grandmatti you’ve had your boy home now for quite a while now so you will miss him . Hope he gets his flight and all goes well for him.

mellowyellow your afternoon sounds just lovely. Simple pleasures!

Sar53 enjoy your walk along the pier. I’ve done it so many times and always enjoy it. Coffee the other end and the little train back. Perfect! I wonder if Jamie Oliver has been in the little cafe recently. I love watching the tv programme when he and Jimmy do their cooking with a famous celebrity. I’d love to be a customer there. Don’t suppose it’s been open because of Covid. ?

Marydoll your trip to the furniture place sound like fun. Wish we had something like it. Always good to get a bargain. The lack of contact from gilly is worrying. I do hope she’s ok.

Sorting the garden out today and I’ve just noticed some of the wire fence is broken. We are inundated with rabbits here and although we had the garden rabbit-proofed a few years ago, they still burrow through . It’s an endless job trying to keep them out and as we’re arent here all the time, they have free rein. ????.

Have a good day all. ?

NanKate Tue 22-Sep-20 08:46:31

Morning Mick and All.

Another beautiful day here in South Bucks. I feel quite down that the weather will change so drastically tomorrow and turn cold and wet. Yesterday I sat in our front garden with a glass of chilled wine, my supper and watched the Tennis final in Rome just bliss.

Marydoll SNAP I love anything Art Deco, especially jewellery. I have a lovely Bakelite cat brooch.

Your canal walk sounded lovely NannyJ ?

? Gillybob.

Anniebach Tue 22-Sep-20 08:54:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Tue 22-Sep-20 08:58:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A blue sky day in South Yorkshire - maybe the last for a while. Mick your roast pork bap sounds just the ticket. Our butcher sells wonderful hot roast pork baps with crackling to die for but they are bad for my waistline! We are debating where to go for our walk today. One of our city’s wooded river valleys is favourite at the moment - always a pleasant spot but it’s a bit of a drive. We’ll probably go on debating until it’s too late to go! Must get up, the window cleaner is here!! Have a safe and pleasant day, folks.

Newquay Tue 22-Sep-20 09:00:52

Morning all and Grannyowl-we came back yesterday from
Visiting DD2 in Harrogate. First time we’ve seen them since January. We booked and had a visit to Harlow Carr on Saturday. Lovely inspirational place. Sunday we caught the train-such excitement!-to Knaresborough. Not been before, that was a lovely visit too. Calf muscles aching now-all those steps down to the river from the castle.
Will mow lawn this afternoon before weather change tomorrow

EllanVannin Tue 22-Sep-20 09:06:56

Good Morning All. ( kisses not allowed ! )

Very foggy/ misty first thing which highlighted about 20 cobwebs on the shrub directly outside the patio. Beautiful artwork except for their occupants grin.

Re. the " no kisses ", I flicked through a thread yesterday, can't remember which one and found that there were objections---thinly-veiled complaints about those of us who used this form of greeting so there won't be any more.

Also, someone reported me to GN ( I have my suspicions ) and I received the said report yesterday for a humerous remark I'd made on Sunday. That poster hasn't since posted ---after their 2nd name-change, mmm !

I've been reported a number of times and don't need this in my life by someone who has got nothing else better to do with their lives so I'm back on the crime board where I've been for the last 11+ years.

I shall look in here but won't involve myself as much because the majority of you are genuine people and I enjoy being part of the group, but someone here has " got it in for me ". There are times when GN should look at the reporter and not always the reported ! Such as name-changes from the same ISP in that area. I can do traces but hardly worth it for an " innocent " forum.

Anyway, hope all are well, stay safe and I'll be seeing you.

Auntieflo Tue 22-Sep-20 09:20:47

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all, from a beautiful, bright and sunny bit of Berks.
Today is my volunteering afternoon, but my friend is away this week, so just me behind the till then. Pittcity, do you enjoy it as much as I do? I have been doing it for 17 years now.

Marydoll, I love the sound of your shopping expedition with your friend, and the sofa sounds beautiful.

I am sure that the GM'ners are getting up earlier these days, as there is a lot more to read through by the time I get here.

Nothing exciting to add today, just same old routine, but I am enjoying the gorgeous weather.
Still thinking if our Gillybob, and hoping that all is as well as can be for her.
Have a good day one and all.

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Sep-20 09:21:35

EllanVannin well that’s sad, I didn’t think GN was that sort of site, some people are either downright unpleasant/bored/sad. Don’t disappear, I’ve not been here long and am slowly getting to ‘know’ the regular contributors, I look forward to their updates. XXX

Grandmafrench Tue 22-Sep-20 09:23:51

Good Morning everyone. It drizzled here an hour ago - much to the cats’ ??? disgust. Now the courtyard is dry again and the table steaming in the sunshine. Normal service has been resumed in the S of ?? ?

What a fabulous photograph, Gingster - that’s one for the album. 2020 - when life went to pieces (except for the tomatoes). ?

Enjoy every moment of your holiday, Ashcombe and hope the memories of moonlit suppers cheer you when winter arrives. Not many people can say what you did today, fatgran, please keep safe borders open or not.
Sark little GC’s are constantly funny - that made us both laugh out loud. We should save their ‘remarks’ in a book - to entertain them when they’ve little ones of their own.

Pants it wasn’t me! It would never enter my head that you would be scrumping ?- perish the thought - and you being such a respectable laydee, etc., etc., ?. I really love lemon curd!

Today Maw is yet another day for big girl pants - pulled well up to your armpits, if necessary. We’ll all wish a solution to Hattie’s problems and you couldn’t be doing more. Everything crossed that the news will be a bit brighter than all your current thoughts. x for that dear dog.

Nortsat. My friend’s daughter has just come through brain surgery. The prognosis is good. Don’t despair - sending you positive thoughts. Sounds like lots of outing and abouting being carried out all over the UK by GN’s. Enjoy yourselves and try to keep away from any supermarket scrums, emptying shelves, thoughtless people and stuff to bring you down!

Georgesgran did all your completely unnecessary phone calls sort out your DH’s treatment fiasco? I hope very much he’s having some treatment today or very very soon. Glad rotten effects seem a bit easier, Mary.

Corner, if you think yesterday’s house cleaning blitz is normal here.....it ain’t. So, if I get the urge to get things shipshape, I do go a bit mad. Housework will be here long after all of us, so let’s get on and seize a bit of fun, say I. ?

Enjoy your day if you can, everyone. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Hugs from France

GrannySomerset Tue 22-Sep-20 09:23:51

Dear Ellan, please don’t go. I so enjoy your warm and wise postings and if someone has such a sad life they can’t be tolerant they are the problem, not you. We need more people like you and none of the other sort.

Washing in machine, DH says he has a sore throat and has he got it? I am sure he just has a sore throat and no other symptoms but can see he will make heavy weather of today. Obviously too much out and about last week, including two hospital visits and a flu jab so in theory anything is possible.

Am hoping to plant up some pots of bulbs today but may be prevented. We shall see. Hope all our less than well posters feel a bit better and that we can all make the most of the last of the lovely weather.

Gelisajams Tue 22-Sep-20 09:24:36

Good morning from a dry cool Morecambe Bay. Made a last minute decision to walk over Penyghent yesterday so I’m feeling it today. I don’t know how Mumofbadboys does it!
Bit of grass cutting later and then flu jabs! Could think of better ways to spend the day!
Glad things are improving Marydoll, don’t start overdoing it!
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Grandmabatty Tue 22-Sep-20 09:38:11

EllanVannin please don't stop posting. There are some people who have sad lives or are just plain malicious and best ignored. I would miss you.

Mapleleaf Tue 22-Sep-20 09:44:48

Morning all,

A beautiful morning for the first day of autumn. It's going to be warm, too, but it's downhill from tomorrow when it will start to feel like autumn proper.

Taking a walk to the hairdresser in a while. My hair is definitely ready for another trim. (I think all this warm weather we've had is encouraging it to grow ?).

I think it will be a sitting in the garden with my book job this afternoon - the small amount of ironing can wait until tomorrow when it's raining.

I'm sorry you are the victim of unpleasantness, Ellan. I've not seen the thread you mention regarding the use of x's, but do you know what, use them anyway and don't let some pompous individual prevent you from using them. Keep posting, don't let whoever reported you win. Many more posters admire you than want to have a go at you. x

Maybe we should hold a kissathon ???.

? to all our missing GM's and to all feeling upset, worried or unwell.

It's been a bumper year for tomatoes, hasn't it Gingster? I've had loads this year, and already made a small batch of chutney with some of them, but there are still more to pick so will do that and make another batch.

Have the best day you can, everyone x.

Taichinan Tue 22-Sep-20 09:50:26

Good morning everyone worldwide. We are all waiting to hear that you enjoyed your bap Mick - I'm definitely slightly salivating here! Sounds lovely. Now, being a total fumble thumb today, this my third attempt at posting and I'm getting totally cheesed off. So I'm not going to tell you how I had an extra long journey home from DD's yesterday because 30 minutes into the drive I realised I'd left my handbag at her's so had to do an about turn and collect it. And how I didn't really mind because the scenery is so beautiful. So I'll just say I'm off now to attack housework, ironing and washing which has accumulated over a lovely long weekend. Still with determined ? in place.

But before I do, Nortsat healing thoughts to your cousin and a prayer that the scan reveals nothing too terrible.

And thoughts too to all Goodmorningers who are under the weather. And to us all who are wondering what today's announcements will bring and the effect they will have. ???

Grandmafrench Tue 22-Sep-20 09:51:39

Grannysomerset Maybe tell DH “it woz the flu jab wot dun it” - and it’s quite possible too. Hope he feels better quickly.

Ellan Grannysomerset’s first paragraph is repeated to you here, with knobs on. Whaaaat? You’re surely not going to let one person’s reaction to something you said (in jest?) deter you from giving the rest of us entertainment from your daily witterings, advice, support and humour. I know you’re not leaving but please don’t change what you do, how you are.

I said yesterday this thread is like a Club. Sometimes if people feel, for some daft reason, they don’t quite belong in that Club, they have to lash out, look to criticise or try to change or even dismantle the status quo. Like little kids in school.

Ignore it, you’re better than that, and a much valued and long-standing contributor to this thread. Can we please keep it like that.....see you tomorrow, as per? Please?
(Don’t make me send the Grans round ?)

MellowYellow Tue 22-Sep-20 09:52:36

Please don't go EllanVannin, I think you live close-ish to my daughter, which is a long way from me, and for some silly reason I find that pleasing, in case you mention the area. I always look forward to your posts.

Nortsat Tue 22-Sep-20 09:58:12

Popped back Ellan, to say that I agree with you that GNHQ should look carefully at the poster reporting posts as well as the person writing them.

Some people seem to behave badly without sanction.

I hope this episode doesn’t discourage you too much. Do keep posting.

Georgesgran Tue 22-Sep-20 10:01:27

Good morning from a bright Durham. DD2 has a tooth abscess, so yesterday, I picked up a ‘script’ from our dentist, got it filled and dropped it off where she works - first day back! Sod Covid I thought, so as I was only a mile from the Hospital, I went in to ask what (the Hell) was happening about DH’s missing appointment? Calmly told he has an appointment for 5.15 today - would have been a good idea to let us know! Now they’ve just phoned to bring it forward to late morning as they want better blood tests first!

More tea needed, then we’re on our way. Thanking GNs for messages.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

Libby65 Tue 22-Sep-20 10:04:33

Good morning from a wet and windy western isles.
Autumn Equinox bringing dark skies. Going to make apple chutney today with windfalls. Not any evidence of Covid up here but we are very careful about wearing masks.
Spotted a few camper vans at weekend but I think this change in the weather will send campers home!
All the best to you Marydoll! Take care, everyone.