Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sun 27-Sep-20 06:20:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fark but looking dry out there this morning in Brackley .
Yesterday , my planned schedule was disrupted as the cafe where I go to in Bicester now being table service , there was no available tables despite being as regular.
Anyway , did shop in Bicester and returned home via Buckingham and the cafe there was as normal , before a browse and a chat with a dealer at the flea market , before getting bus home.
Today , breakfast , watch TV , cycling starts at 8 on the red button with something like 8 hours coverage of thee Men's elite Road race , unlike last year with this event at Harrogate it was wet all day .
One thing from yesterdays experience , there seems thanks to government rule changes an urge to panic buy , likewise Bicester retail Village was busy people buying things when there is no rush to.
Take Care,
Mick

Megs36 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:17:07

Maw well done on your long drive, well worth it to see family! Mine all live between 30 and 300 miles away, and one in Oz ?, lucky saw them all for few hours before Rule of 6. for , our Diamond Wedding picnic.I haven’t been driving for more than a year now (stroke in early 2019) and my husband is driving only locally and his health is poor so relying on phone and WatsApp more and more. Thank goodness for modern technology,So all the time you can keep up the good work Carry On!!

Georgesgran Sun 27-Sep-20 10:31:51

Good morning from Durham. Looks cool and overcast here, but I’ve not set foot outside yet.

Two texts today:- NHS want us to download the T&T App, but our IPhones are too old. Now, our GP surgery’s doing a mass flu vaccination in a local Church next weekend - talk about herd immunity - more like herding cattle? I tried to book at Boots for last week, but couldn’t get a confirmation.
DH seems to have pulled a muscle in the back of his leg - he really is fed up with things at the moment.

Hope everyone has the best day today and thinking of missing regular GNs. X

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:36:40

Morning all from a bright and blustery South Notts. The ironing is done so I'm feeling a little virtuous and it'll be a trip to the supermarket in a short while.
Happy birthday NanKate and welcome to Fanny.
Have received a text from the Covid thingy about apps and all that, I'll need help with that. I can decipher a knitting pattern but this modern technology almost has me running to the hills while screaming.
I'd love a quiet day with the newspaper and feet up though I know I really should mow the lawn and finish painting the shed, oh crumbs. Not much to complain about.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Millie22 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:51:45

Happy Birthday NanKate ???
I don't usually post here but love to hear everyone's news. Have you been watching the repeats of the tennis with Rafa. Last year you told me you had a celebratory drink on his wedding day which I thought was lovely.

hulahoop Sun 27-Sep-20 11:21:47

Good morning from West York's, bedding on line so hope it stays dry steak pie with some lovely veg later today.happy birthday Nan Kate enjoy you day .Keep safe everyone .

gillgran Sun 27-Sep-20 11:26:19

Good Morning to you all from a dry, overcast & very windy Cambs., Forecast is that this is the last day of this cold north wind, let's hope so.!
I always "follow" the weather in Norfolk, so thanks to Nfk & to Maw. We hope to be back next weekend to our little home-from-home there.

Happy Birthday NanKate, 1946 was a very good year......

Good to "see" Dragonfly & Bellasnana in recent days,( on here.) missing Gillybob.

Best Wishes to you all, flowers

Take Care Folks.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:30:13

Good Morning from a dreary Harrogate - Happy birthday NanKate - have a good day. Last night for an unknown reason it was a waste of time going to bed, hence today feeling a bit sorry for myself. Today am expecting an Amazon delivery and am expected to have proof that I am over 18, think my face might do?? DD1 is full of the cold, but had originally hoped we would be round at hers for a meal, obviously not now. DD2 came round yesterday pm, unfortunately DGS was not with her, because it was his turn to be with his dad (a very strange man, but he does loves his son)
Anyway hope you are all bearing up to all the changes that keep going on

HAZBEEN Sun 27-Sep-20 12:00:33

Good morning (just) all!
Had my flu jab yesterday, sore arm today! OH is cooking Sunday lunch, roast chicken and stuffing today. He always does an extra plate for our neighbour opposite. Shes a lovely lady who is only partially sighted. Her whole family came to the UK from Burma when she was 12 years old, fleeing the regime there. She has served in the Wrens and keeps OH in hysterics with her stories of what she got up to.
Not a lot planned today apart from watching the GP and doing a bit of Family History research.
Happy birthday to little Henry and Nankate, welcome to any new posters and thinking of those on the missing list.
Stay safe everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 27-Sep-20 12:13:53

Congratulations to (soon to be) MajorGravy! Bet you’re all very proud, quite rightly so.

I'll probably find Lord Lucan in there somewhere my best giggle of the morning EV
?
You have a way with words!

Boy it’s hot on this balcony (sorry) but it’s where I get the best WiFi signal. I’m going inside to cool off ...

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Sep-20 12:30:47

Unless the weather has improved here by next weekend gillgran, you'd be best to stay at home!

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Sep-20 12:31:31

(Surrup Urmston!)

CaroleAnne Sun 27-Sep-20 12:44:22

Happy birthday to NanKate.sflowers