Gransnet forums

Chat

M&S Xmas Food

(31 Posts)
Katek Thu 01-Oct-20 11:12:36

Anyone else doing their Xmas food shopping today? Online ordering has just opened. Yay!!

Shirleyw Fri 02-Oct-20 04:02:56

Yes, I ordered my organic turkey for pick up on the Wednesday along with oysters, last year I was late in ordering said turkey in mid November , no early morning pick up slots left so didn't want to miss out again lol.....

Missfoodlove Fri 02-Oct-20 09:26:39

By the end of November my freezer will be full of Missfoodlove Christmas fayre!
Chicken liver pate, smoked mackerel pate, sorbet, dough for Parmesan shortbreads, pesto, mince pies, mini Cornish pasties, bread sauce, loaded jacket potatoes and Brie and cranberry parcels.
Only problem is the rule of 6!!!
I’m praying it will have been lifted.

Rosalyn69 Fri 02-Oct-20 10:07:28

My M &S food from Ocado has been lovely. I will order Christmas stuff from there.

kittylester Fri 02-Oct-20 10:14:17

But the Christmas stuff that has just been released is their special Christmas 'fresh' stuff which is available for Store pickup just prior to Christmas. I think we are cross purposes here!

Ellianne Fri 02-Oct-20 10:14:49

Shirleyw

Yes, I ordered my organic turkey for pick up on the Wednesday along with oysters, last year I was late in ordering said turkey in mid November , no early morning pick up slots left so didn't want to miss out again lol.....

How are they managing to stagger the pick up appointments with social distancing rules? Usually we have to first queue at a desk to get a ticket, then wait with others while the item is fetched from the cooler, then form a long queue round the shop to pay. It would make sense this year to have a fixed price for a small/medium/large/extra large bird then we could pay in advance without having to queue with all the shoppers.. I can't see there bring enough Ocado delivery slots available as everyone will be wanting the same days just before Christmas. Hmmm dilemma.