Gransnet forums

Chat

What has made you smile today?

(109 Posts)
PECS Fri 09-Oct-20 10:28:36

In these testing times good to find reasons to smile...
Today my DGDs have an INSET day..at 9:00 I got a WhatsApp message from DGD1 asking for my recipe for chocolate sauce! I hope the kitchen is clean by the time DD gets home ?

Bargar Sat 10-Oct-20 09:49:37

Knitted (at her request) an aran tank top for DD, posted it Thursday morning and she posted pics on Insta yesterday lunchtime showing how pleased she is...going to live in it until March, apparently.

Ohmother Sat 10-Oct-20 09:51:56

A new day. Morning Has Broken on the radio. Finding a nice hot cuppa at the side of my bed from my DH. Bliss

Nortsat Sat 10-Oct-20 09:56:05

Surprise flowers from a friend with a message which read ‘Hope these make you smile’ ... they did!

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 10-Oct-20 10:14:21

We went to my niece's wedding in Australia last November - heard last night that she and her husband are expecting a baby in May 2021! I will be a great aunt for the first time.

Alioop Sat 10-Oct-20 10:14:27

A ? rainbow that's been in the sky now for over an hour.

harrigran Sat 10-Oct-20 10:28:29

Razor clams, now that would make me smile, a great delicacy.

henetha Sat 10-Oct-20 10:31:55

The window cleaner turned up early and I've never got dressed so fast in my life! It made me smile.
Also, he does gardening too, and gave me a really low estimate for pruning the shrubs (I've got lots of them) next week.
And it's a bright sunny morning here in south Devon.

Phloembundle Sat 10-Oct-20 10:37:44

The dog. She is supremely confident that she is the centre of the universe, so struts her stuff, telling everyone what they should be doing.

SunRising Sat 10-Oct-20 10:40:54

My Dear Husband telling me he was taking the dogs for a walk and setting off without them!

GreenGran78 Sat 10-Oct-20 10:42:22

I had ordered a new loft-ladder with ‘next day delivery guaranteed’. After two days of waiting around I received an email saying that, due to Covid, it might take longer. I replied that, though I wasn’t bothered about how long it took to arrive I was very bothered about hanging about unnecessarily, waiting for a delivery. They could have warned, on ordering, that it would take longer.
They have sent me an apology, and £50 off my purchase! And the ladder arrived yesterday.

sweetcakes Sat 10-Oct-20 10:47:15

Oopsadaisy
You made me smile this morning ?

19Maria61 Sat 10-Oct-20 11:07:46

Waking up alive and well my little dog greeting me with absolute joy 3 photos 1 of my daughter and 2 of 2 of my 4 grandaughters sent to me on WhatsApp smile

win Sat 10-Oct-20 11:13:32

Gransnet, every day, love reading the various opinions and suggestions on every subject. LOL

Saggi Sat 10-Oct-20 11:19:19

My son text this morning to say he was having a parcel delivered to us as he wouldnt be home to receive it.....it duly came about an hour ago..... the east European boy who delivered it asked for my name ...so I told him my surname ...he looked at the parcel, then said “Gregor”...!?!?!?...I assured him “no, that’s my sons name”....it made him laugh, and he said “my name too”. I couldnt help smiling.

SillyNanny321 Sat 10-Oct-20 11:45:50

Cuddles with my cat who makes me happy & not alone!

TillyWhiz Sat 10-Oct-20 11:58:29

I have been looking at the Gransnet limericks from 2013. Smile? My face hurts from laughing so much and I'm sure it's done the wrinkles no good at all!

Blossoming Sat 10-Oct-20 12:00:55

My OH making me a bacon toastie for breakfast.

Diggingdoris Sat 10-Oct-20 12:03:18

I threw a pile of dirty washing down the stairs just before having a shower. When I came out I had to smile as my Jack Russell had heaped up the washing to make himself a bed and was fast asleep among the smelly socks and unmentionables!

Jillybird Sat 10-Oct-20 12:09:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:18:20

I watched two episodes of Peppa Pig which were funny - Daddy Pig jumping up and down, "Everyone loves jumping up and down" childish, but who cares?

NannyG123 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:29:07

Facetiming my 4 Yr old gs. Always puts a smile on my face ?

grandtanteJE65 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:51:19

I came home from shopping having put on a pair of lace up shoes for the first time since April.

My old cat (he is thirteen) came and played with the shoelaces like a kitten!

Newatthis Sat 10-Oct-20 12:52:57

My hair! yesterday I got the scissors to it, today I coloured it then wash and blow dry and it looks great! Better than my usual hairdresser does it! (I am not a hairdresser by the way - anyone want an appointment?

Bellasnana Sat 10-Oct-20 12:53:12

DD3 breezed in while I was eating my porridge saying ‘Mum, may I leave my blood in your fridge please?’

It’s a long story; she had to have blood taken this morning but had to go to an appointment so needed to keep it cool until she could take it to the lab.

She has just messaged me from the car to say ‘I’m outside, could you bring my blood out please’! Not something that happens every day, it made me ?

Davida1968 Sat 10-Oct-20 13:04:26

Simply talking with people has made me smile today. Firstly with DH; our usual daily chatter. Then when I phoned a friend. Lastly chatting with a neighbour across our gardens.