Gransnet forums

Chat

What would you buy/do?

(184 Posts)
vampirequeen Sat 10-Oct-20 14:12:13

When someone wins a large amount of money on the Lottery, Camelot advises them to take time to get over the shock. They've also discovered that people who have always struggled or been careful with money (which is most of us) find it difficult to spend more than they're used to...almost a sense of guilt. So Camelot advise them to buy themselves something (not gifts for others) that they would never have dreamed of buying in the past. This is to get them used to the idea that they can spend money on themselves and not just on others.

If you won the lottery and followed this advice what would you buy/do? Remember it can't be gifts for others. It has to be for you or you and your partner.

Grannynannywanny Mon 12-Oct-20 08:22:18

Lorelei I really enjoyed reading your detailed post of how you’d spent your fortune!

Rosiebee Mon 12-Oct-20 08:26:44

A light and airy detached house with a south facing flat garden. It would be within walking distance of a village which would have lots of individual shops, some restaurants and a couple of friendly old fashioned pubs-at least one with a bowling green - for DH.
We actually live within driving distance of possible village but it would be so lovely just to walk there.

LuckyFour Mon 12-Oct-20 09:29:16

I'd have my kitchen extended at the back of my cottage. A lovely big kitchen diner, cottagey style.

lemongrove Mon 12-Oct-20 09:50:36

I don’t want to move again, and am happy where we are, but a holiday home by the sea would be lovely, as would a stylish and expensive car. Then (I don’t want much!?) a few stylish and expensive clothes.After that, it would be helping family and friends and favourite charities.What a lovely dream.
Better start buying a lottery ticket.

Magrithea Mon 12-Oct-20 12:29:55

I'd buy myself the car I've always wanted - an open top. DH doesn't like them but I've always wanted one!

Dollydinkum Tue 13-Oct-20 07:54:45

Lorelei @12/10/20 06:12

I love your dream. May it come to fruition xx

MagicWriter2016 Tue 13-Oct-20 20:46:18

A purpose built rescue for cats and dogs, with its own on site vet and lots of staff to look after them all. Then I could just be a sort of Paul O’Grady and get all the fusses and cuddles while my staff did all the hard work ?

sodapop Tue 13-Oct-20 21:04:17

That's exactly what my daughter and I would do MagicWriter2016 we would have donkeys as well. Lovely dreams