Gransnet forums

Chat

Treating yourself

(97 Posts)
Msida Thu 15-Oct-20 23:31:08

Was just wondering... When you decide you want to treat yourself... What do you do or buy for yourself

Jaye53 Fri 16-Oct-20 21:37:40

anything that involves food

biba70 Fri 16-Oct-20 21:42:44

Or a day course, I just love learning.

Juicylucy Fri 16-Oct-20 22:03:05

Different things each month
Plants
Costume jewellery
Nail polish
Cloths
Cushions
Flowers
Fish chips
Curry
Coca Cola
Haribos
List is endless

Phoebes Fri 16-Oct-20 22:24:32

Flowers, preferably red roses and a massage.

Grannynannywanny Fri 16-Oct-20 22:37:05

May7 I almost drooled on my phone screen picturing your homemade apple crumble ?

Cfaz49 Fri 16-Oct-20 22:52:02

Scallops, Eton mess, bottle of Camel Valley fizz, A night out to Sterts, our local theatre in a tent.

Sawsage2 Fri 16-Oct-20 23:11:14

My favourite perfune, 'After the rain'.

Bodach Fri 16-Oct-20 23:21:21

The Macallan.

Kartush Fri 16-Oct-20 23:40:37

Craft stuff, paper glue and shiny things

grannybuy Sat 17-Oct-20 00:31:38

Chocolate and wool. I always said that after I retired, I'd have to live a long time to use my stash. It's not finished, and, unfortunately, I can't resist buying more. Starting a new project gives such a lot of pleasure.

kittylester Sat 17-Oct-20 07:31:24

I buy and arrange flowers! A bar of whole nut chocolate. A drive in the car!

These things also cheer me up when I feel down.

Riverwalk Sat 17-Oct-20 07:46:38

Toiletries, a pedicure and eating out. I did my own pedicure recently and it's not very good - there's a reason you have to pay for these things!

FlyingHxndbag Sat 17-Oct-20 08:01:45

Usually clothes, chocolate or takeaway pizza. X

LadyGracie Sat 17-Oct-20 08:03:09

Wool, wool, wool.

TerriBull Sat 17-Oct-20 08:15:39

A good book always a treat, I like nice soap, during the lockdown I placed several orders of Savon de Marseille, they do lovely little bars, a sneaky bar of chocolate very occasionally, perfume again occasional, Diffusers from company's such as Neom or Jo Malone.

handbaghoarder Sat 17-Oct-20 12:14:18

I often trawl through internet looking for treats and that time is often treat enough smile. There are some fab little independent shops out there selling lovely things . Not on the High Street is a treasure trove for browsing. I love throws and cushions and LED candles- with timers smile- and fairy lights. I still buy clothes which I swore I wouldnt do once I retired, but its never expensive stuff - I like the “ look” not the label. And I frequently sell my current stuff on ebay or donate to favourite charity shop. Failing that I love my kindle especially being able to read a sample before committing to buying. One treat I cant have at the moment is a trip to London for a gig or theatre or just lunch with my youngest son who lives there. Hopefully those days will return.

HiPpyChick57 Sat 17-Oct-20 16:34:53

I never treat myself but I’ve had an unexpected bonus in my wages this month so I’m getting a 50 ins smart tv for the living room.
My eyes are so bad now that I can’t see any text on my 42 ins one so I’m hoping I’ll actually be able to read the text and subtitles on a 55 ins.
I’ve no tv in my bedroom at the moment so the 42 ins is going there. So it’s a DOUBLE treat!smile

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sat 17-Oct-20 16:53:02

Ice cream.

Better still, a day out in Largs, which is famous for Nardini's ice cream emporium.

Even better, a weekend in Cornwall. I wake at night sometimes, salivating at the memory of the -huge- clotted-cream ice cream I enjoyed from the shop in Crackington Haven a quarter of a century ago.

Best of all, a week in Bologna. Those guys really know about frozen dairy products and bolognese gelato can't be beat.

Weightwatching? Moi?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 17-Oct-20 17:09:34

Plants, chocolate, books and clothes. Not necessarily in that order?

FlexibleFriend Sat 17-Oct-20 17:10:33

Opium body lotion and shower gel makes me feel devine and I deserve it.

Joni Sun 18-Oct-20 12:10:44

mine is getting my hair coloured and blow dried once every 2 months and a monthly massage which helps my joints