Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Wed 21-Oct-20 06:11:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its wet here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday did not happen for me , I started to blackout ,and came over with a cold sweat , so relaxed in the chair and watched Tv and watched the cycle races unfold.
I am going to take a break in routine ,and slowly get myself back to normal I hope .
I am on medication for angina etc but take it easy .
Take Care ,
Mick

Stilllearning Wed 21-Oct-20 13:07:57

A very late good day from S Lanarkshire where the sun is cheering things up. Happy Birthday Grandmasue and good wishes to Mick, I you have had success in contacting someone for advice.
Reading all your posts about quince recently, would that be what was served with cheese many years ago when we were on holiday in Corsica? If so I loved it but haven’t seen it here since then.
It’s been quite a productive morning doing some much needed cleaning and since the day has turned out well I’m now looking forward to meeting a friend for an outdoor coffee and scone at one of our lovely local garden centres. So grateful for this autumn sunshine.
Hope the rest of the day goes well for everyone

Jaxjacky Wed 21-Oct-20 13:32:23

grandMattie I made some quince jelly about a year ago, nearly took a finger or two off, cooked in slow cooker.

GrandmasueUK Wed 21-Oct-20 13:36:19

Thank you for all my lovely birthday wishes. I feel overwhelmed with them all!

Urms my mum used to say that rubbing a 24-carat gold ring on a stye would help it to disappear. She was full of old wives tales home remedies like that.

I've had a lovely morning unwrapping some fabulous birthday presents and I spent an hour looking for a birthday card that I received 2 weeks ago. It was on my desk where I had already looked. I've had lots of smiles but shed a couple of tears because of peoples' kindness. I think it must be my age now!

Thank you again for your lovely birthday wishes flowers I'd like to share my virtual cake with you all. No calories in it at all, but gosh the candles took some blowing out! grin

Urmstongran Wed 21-Oct-20 14:03:34

I’ve only got an 18ct one Grandmasue wonder if it’ll do the trick?
?
Many happy returns of the day from me too! ?

You made me laugh GrandmaFrench about how I got my stye. Laughter is surely the best medicine!

EllanVannin Wed 21-Oct-20 14:10:26

I've got a gold Sovereign Urmston, you could use it as a monocle grin

Marydoll Wed 21-Oct-20 14:12:08

Urmston a teaspoon of salt in a pint of cooled boiled water.
Wipe from corner of the eye outwards. New piece of cotton wool each time.

Marydoll Wed 21-Oct-20 14:13:08

Oh and Golden Eye ointment. I wonder if you can still buy it.

EllanVannin Wed 21-Oct-20 15:05:30

We always had that in the medicine cabinet Marydoll.

Grammaretto Wed 21-Oct-20 16:53:08

I hope you are still enjoying your birthday grandmaSue
Sorry we couldn't share your cake.