Gransnet forums

Chat

Really light hearted (superficial and daft) even) thread

(196 Posts)
FannyCornforth Mon 16-Nov-20 08:56:21

On another post, someone suggested that it would be a good idea for posters to have avatars so that it would be easier to recognise each other.

In mind of that, I thought that perhaps we could describe ourselves a little, so that we can have a mental image?

You could start with a well known person who you have been told that you look a bit like; or a person who you would like to look like; or just give three adjectives.

So, to get the ball rolling, MrC thinks that I look like Boy George in his younger days (I know, aren't I the lucky one, blush)

I would love to look like Helena Bonham Carter, but I'd settle for Kirstie Alsop (they are sort of idealised versions of me).

I hope that we have some fun with this thread.
Do with it what you want!
Like I said, it's just a bit daftsmile

stewaris Mon 16-Nov-20 19:29:53

I started life as a chemist and had to wear a green acid suit when I sampled stack gases, face mask, hard hat etc. The acid suits were always too big because they were made for men and I was 5ft 0ins. I was told I looked like a green ewok. I was never sure if it was a complement or not although I always loved them in Star Wars.

DotMH1901 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:46:55

I have been told I look like my maternal grandmother - pleased with that as I think she looked lovely on her wedding photo (married 1912). I definitely have inherited the Harrison brown eyes and the 'bump' on the bridge of my nose! Not surprising given that my grandmothers were sisters so my parents were first cousins, got double the Harrison genes!

FarNorth Mon 16-Nov-20 19:54:56

I've had really short hair for years but of course it grew during lockdown 1.
I didn't get it cut as I quite fancy having it longer again and now I'm starting to resemble Marydoll.

FarNorth Mon 16-Nov-20 19:57:00

This is Marydoll from page 1 of this thread. wink

Marydoll Mon 16-Nov-20 20:02:33

I was just having a bad day! wink

Millie22 Mon 16-Nov-20 20:02:34

I look like Jennifer Lopez ???

rockgran Mon 16-Nov-20 20:07:57

My friend said,
"We were looking at pumpkins and I thought of you."
She went on to say,
" .....not that you look like one!"
...but the damage was done!

NanKate Mon 16-Nov-20 20:30:51

During Lockdown I had a passing resemblance to Grayson Perry ?

Musicgirl Mon 16-Nov-20 20:31:39

I don't look like anyone famous but am very like my mother, grandmother and aunt.

hollysteers Mon 16-Nov-20 20:50:17

There seems to have been some doubt about my paternity ? but family can see my father in me (ugh) I hope I’ve turned into my darling mother.
Young? Cher/Judith Durham Now? Jane Macdonald BUT NOT THE VOICE (I do like a nice pie though ?) She’s years younger than me, so can’t complain.
Would like to come back looking like Sophia Loren/Nigella Lawson ?

Jaxjacky Mon 16-Nov-20 20:53:12

I was told as a young teenager, being made up for a school play, that I had Sophia Lorens cheekbones and about 15 years ago a couple of male friends said I looked like Sigourney Weaver. I’m now morphing into my Mum, no bad thing!

Jaxjacky Mon 16-Nov-20 20:55:23

hollysteers weird, we cross posted on Sophia (cue spooky music)....

hollysteers Mon 16-Nov-20 21:00:08

Jaxsjacky You looked something like SOPHIA LOREN!! Cripes, she was amazing ?

GrauntyHelen Mon 16-Nov-20 21:11:36

Dawn French but taller

quizqueen Mon 16-Nov-20 21:44:31

Remember if you use an avatar here that you also use in other personal social media sites , a reverse search could identify you!!

Pittcity Mon 16-Nov-20 22:11:36

I've nothing to hide quizQueen but thanks for the reminder.

PS I tried it and just got autumn leaves!

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 22:58:44

merlotgran

What's an avatar? confused

There's a film called Avatar, merlotgran which explains it better than I could

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 23:11:01

lemongrove

I don’t look now ( or ever did) like anyone famous,
This is me hiding behind a furry owl given to me by a GDS
During the last lockdown

But you do look like someone famous, lemongrove! I just can't think who.
I thought that last time I saw your photo.

Or I met you somewhere, another time, another place smile

starlily106 Mon 16-Nov-20 23:12:35

I really don't know who I look like, I just know that I don't like what I see. I look in the mirror and think I'm looking at this funny looking old bat, then when I take a selfie I can't imagine that the horrible wrinkled face belongs to me. The wicked witch from Somewhere over the rainbow is much nicer.

MissAdventure Mon 16-Nov-20 23:13:12

Jennifer Saunders? smile

MissAdventure Mon 16-Nov-20 23:16:42

Not me. (I should be so lucky!)
Lemongrove reminds me of Jennifer Saunders. (Who is a very fine looking woman) smile

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 23:19:58

It just came to me - does lemongrove look like Sue Barker?

MissAdventure Mon 16-Nov-20 23:28:11

Oh yes!
With a touch of Julie Walters thrown in.

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 23:36:32

I'm more Julie Walters (until she had her eyes done) and my hair has grown in lockdown.

So, no, I'm not really like Julie Walters now.
?

Unigran4 Tue 17-Nov-20 01:03:17

Fanny Craddock without the apron!