Gransnet forums

Chat

Which tier after lockdown?

(108 Posts)
mamaa Thu 26-Nov-20 12:38:24

We were in tier 1, numbers still low in my area but going to tier 2 after lockdown. Not surprised as I think it’s quite sensible to try and ‘squash’ the virus further, in less affected areas before the Christmas easing.

I do think though that being a bear and hibernating until Spring is actually the answer- sleep lots, lose extra weight and wake up to the Spring and hopefully better days. flowers

Saetana Fri 27-Nov-20 22:43:02

Tier 3 here in Bristol - hardly surprising as we have nearly double the case numbers of the UK average. I think we should have stayed in full nationwide lockdown for another 2 weeks - this two weeks is proving to have driven case numbers down, just 2 more weeks might mean we could have most businesses back open before Christmas.

Rubes Sat 28-Nov-20 08:52:02

It would appear to me that London is being favoured yet again. With higher infection rates than a lot of other areas in tier 3 what is the justification for them being in tier 2?

Maggiemaybe Sat 28-Nov-20 11:50:34

Perhaps it’s partly to do with more medical facilities, or a younger demographic?

watermeadow Sat 28-Nov-20 20:26:07

I live in a small sleepy market town. I don’t know of anyone who has actually caught the plague and nobody has died of it. We have one supermarket and nobody is more than ten minute’s walk from open countryside.
The nearest big town is twelve miles away.
We will be in Tier 2, the same as Liverpool and London. This is DAFT and makes me so mad that I shall be ignoring it all.

Alegrias2 Sat 28-Nov-20 20:49:09

I live in Scotland and the number of cases per 100,000 in the town I live is zero. 10 miles away is an area where the number is 308. We're in the same Local Authority, so we're on the same Level, which is Level 3.

I could stamp my feet watermeadow, call it the "plague" and say I'm not going to keep the rules either, but I've got more sense and I'm going to put up with it because the line has to be drawn somewhere, our local authority are doing their best. Life is hard for everyone but ignoring the rules is the thing that's DAFT.

CleoPanda Sun 29-Nov-20 10:59:29

Without the tiers some areas would be overwhelmed. The hospitals are often at their busiest over winter. Can you imagine trying to cope with the usual numbers plus huge surges of Covid patents?
Having read and talked (phone) about this I’m honestly baffled at the number of people who somehow think getting together with elderly relatives is “safe” just because “it’s Christmas” and “it’s allowed”.
After several households get together at Christmas, there will be another surge. It will definitely happen. The virus is still with us and it doesn’t respect Christmas.
I feel sad at the thought of all the impending serious illnesses that many people have spent all year trying to avoid.

CleoPanda Sun 29-Nov-20 11:11:18

Meant to add that unfortunately there are many thousands of people like the poster above who intend to ignore all rules and advice because they “know better”.
They act as if they really intend to ensure this pandemic never ends.
I sincerely hope they never have to experience this dreadful illness or watch a loved one die too soon.
If they did, perhaps they would consider that if everyone played their part, the worst would be over sooner.