Gransnet forums

Chat

Can anyone lend a hand, please??

(62 Posts)
phoenix Tue 01-Dec-20 09:31:09

You see, I've only got 2, and I need 3.

One to put over my mouth when I cough, one to hold my ribs, which hurt when I cough, and the extra one to hold the top of my head which feels as if it's going to fly off when I cough.

So, I think the easiest for an assistant to help with would be the head.

Shin pads might be advisable, because the speed and gay abandon with which I cross my legs when I cough could carry considerable risk of injury!

tchgrin

Doodle Tue 01-Dec-20 21:37:35

grin

grannyactivist Wed 02-Dec-20 01:21:47

Oh dear Phoenix - I do sympathise with you, having been through the exact same scenario myself just a few weeks ago. Fortunately I was eventually prescribed the right antibiotics and in combination with the steroids they did the job. I do hope you're soon feeling better and are able to keep out of hospital. flowers

The best bit about having such a rotten cough is that I had to have a Covid test before my G.P. would see me, so when it came back negative I immediately popped round to see my mother in law ('twas before this current lockdown and we have both been shielding) and I gave her a huge hug for the first time since February. grin

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 15:47:02

How are you feeling now, phoenix?
Are you starting to feel better or have you contacted the GP again?

phoenix Wed 02-Dec-20 15:53:56

Callistemon

How are you feeling now, phoenix?
Are you starting to feel better or have you contacted the GP again?

Sorry to say, not really, Callistemon, yes have contacted GP again, they are sending out a different Aero Chamber, one with a mask.

Fortunately 2 members of their staff live in the village, so it will be dropped off.

Can't fault the service I've had from them.

Puzzler61 Wed 02-Dec-20 16:04:03

Sending Get Well wishes to you phoenix , it’s just awful when you have a cough that rattles your bones and leaves you gasping for breath.
Hoping that what the GP sends you today will give some much needed swift relief ??

Luckygirl Wed 02-Dec-20 16:11:50

merlot - I too was thinking about a fourth hand to hold the bladder. This growing older lark is not a walk in the park.

Poor phoenix - I hope they can get this chest infection under control without needing to go into hospital.

phoenix Wed 02-Dec-20 16:17:38

Grannyactivist bet you both enjoyed that hug! tchsmile

Puzzler61, I really thought it was just my COPD playing up due to weather conditions etc, would seem that this damn infection has been in place since October!

Callistemon Wed 02-Dec-20 16:38:53

Let's hope this works, phoenix ?

Mr P will deal with the grocery delivery, I'm sure, and he will know where everything goes; if not it could be a treasure hunt for dinners.

???

FannyCornforth Wed 02-Dec-20 16:43:17

Thinking of you phoenix thanks

cornergran Wed 02-Dec-20 16:46:07

Hope you’re much better soon phoenix, had hoped to see you were feeling even a tiny bit better today.

Wheniwasyourage Wed 02-Dec-20 18:32:21

Best wishes phoenix flowers Hope you feel better soon.