Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Thu 17-Dec-20 06:34:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looking cold outside here in Brackley .
Anyway, today will get the bus to Bicester , and have my usual coffee and snack ,and then shop , with a small pre build for next week .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 17-Dec-20 10:34:47

and I was scared to use the hoover in case I missed him ooh EV that’s one helluva stellar excuse! I sit at your knee GrandMaster and learn.

Taichinan Thu 17-Dec-20 10:36:21

Good morning all from a brightish Angus coast. Yesterday was so dark that the lights were on all day so anything is better. Today I am off down town again with last bits and bobs for Christmas and to make sure I have plenty of food in for when I come back and self-isolate after visiting DS. I'm feeling very guilty about going down to Lincolnshire but feel I must, for my own sanity. I'm driving to DD's and travelling with her. She has been nowhere (she works from home). I'm then being met and taken to his house by DS where there are no plans to do anything other than walk the dog in open countryside. When I get home I shall self-isolate for two weeks. I know, I'm trying to convince myself!
Grandmattie you are such a wonderful support for Iris and her family- they are so lucky to have you.
Sar I am loving MasterChef this time, but I want them all to win! I suppose young Alex is my favourite (but that may be because he looks so like my eldest DGS).
How wonderful to have that nativity tree decoration Lins - what wonderful family history it holds.
Love your new kitchen Jax - mine is white and black too, which I think always looks so neat and bright, but I love your tiles!
Sorry to hear about your nephew Bella (I didn't get back to read yesterday's posts). Is he at home or in hospital? Your mention of car insurance made me wonder what traffic is like in Malta these days. When we lived there 45 years ago it was pretty scary and scrapes and bumps were the order of the day!
Sorry to hear about your angina attack Marydoll - make sure you do take it easy today.
I'm going to have to stop here and read the rest of the posts later. I shall rush now and 'get things done' and hope to get out while the sun still shines - so lovely to see it. Have the best day you can everybody ???

Beauregard Thu 17-Dec-20 10:39:07

Good morning all from Derbyshire.

So late today as I had to go out earlier and didn't get chance to post before I went. I haven't read todays posts yet so will do that later.

All went smoothly yesterday. There was a particularly poignant moment when a recording of my brothers 14 year old DGS playing the Top Gear theme in his electric guitar was played. He is so talented. Bro loved anything to do with cars.

Thanks to everyone who sent me their support and kind words. It helped me so much yesterday.

I didn't do anything with the leftover flowers yesterday, as I fell asleep on the sofa instead, so will do that today.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

LauraNorder Thu 17-Dec-20 10:56:50

Good morning again, have now caught up on all the news. I did pop in to Soops kitchen yesterday GrandmaFrench but only lurked, all the cake seemed to have been eaten.
Hope you manage to catch your tail today.
Your sewing skills are impressive grandMattie and Gelisajams, the little dress and shorts are lovely.
Not sure which is worse Beechnut being yelled at by Mum or putting potato on lasagne! Odd dreams seem to be the norm for many at the moment.
GG13 and Sar53 I like the look of Santos offerings on Masterchef but Alex also would be a deserving winner.
I love your tree Lins, but sympathise that you’ll have to change your Christmas plans, better safe than sorry I suppose.
Stunning kitchen Jax, in time for Christmas too, excellent.
Sorry to hear about your nephew Bellasnana hope he gets better soon, it certainly is very real as Grammaretto says.
Good that you managed to get the litre of water down NanKate, no mean feat.
That’s the trouble with lofts as we get older Harrigran, at least you won’t have to dust and put it all away again. The cards are more important anyway cos they show that people care about us.
Marydoll you are so much fun, I visualise you jumping about and full of energy and yet your health doesn’t allow it. You talk about a severe angina attack as a bit of a scare, there is just no holding you back. Please take it easy.
Gingster I have recorded Portrait Arist and will binge watch on Saturday. So much talent, I love watching that and Landscape Artist too.
Baubles I read your post and actually went downstairs for a pen and paper. Now by the time I post there’ll be a dozen others. I suppose it’s difficult to chat to everyone so I won’t do it often. Also lost the pen and worried about ink on the duvet cover, eventually found it behind my ear.
Maw I too wondered at Micks pre build?
I see Urms is still picking the sprouts, better get them on that hob soon. The jigsaw sounds like a lovely idea.
Dwmxwg, yesterday Urms mentioned how difficult she found getting your name so I’m taking the liberty of explaining it the way you explained it when I questioned the scrabble board tactic you might have used. Daughter Wife Mother X Wife Gran. Hope that helps Urms.
Last but by no means least a big fat warm welcome to HeyHo.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:02:40

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate
Jax lovely kitchen, I'm envious!
Ashcombe I, too, prefer to get cash from machines inside banks. When they are not so busy, can get from the Post Office!
Grouse coming up - is it just me who finds the burden of Xmas squarely on my shoulders? I'm still wading my way through local cards, wrapping presents, baking Xmas things. DH has his job - examining whats on TV and what's on his PC!!! This is while doing normal housework and cooking.

Moan over!!

Keep well everyone!!

LauraNorder Thu 17-Dec-20 11:04:35

Beauregard flowers

CherryCezzy Thu 17-Dec-20 11:21:00

Good morning everyone from an exceedingly grey Gower, mild though.

I had a very vivid dream last night where my niece and me bumped into (two separate locations) two of my WP's old university friends ?. George and David if you're out there .... ? Dentist appointment for me this afternoon, can't come too soon, a blasted tooth has been giving me grief for weeks!

Please take care of yourselves today Bellasnana and Marydoll ?

If it's the footie game I'm thinking of Sar then the answer is your DH's team of course.... that goal was sublime ?

Beauregard ?

Love the trousers for Iris grandMattie and the dress and shorts for your GD Gelisajams. Lovely tree too Lins. Yes, the situation is pretty pants here in Wales.

? Grandmafrench, returns for yesterday ?

Welcome Heyho ?

Stay safe everyone and find one smile or laugh today.

Lins1066 Thu 17-Dec-20 11:40:12

Last of the cards go off today---in the hope that none of them have died oh EV you are priceless, I laughed out loud at that ?
Welcome to the GM thread HeyHo

Kartush Thu 17-Dec-20 13:04:40

Good evening from Australia, was a strange day today, thunder lightning and a deluge this morning then sun came out after lunch and it got hot enough to swim. Now it is 11.30pm and it feels like we are in a sauna, I suspect more rain is coming

EllanVannin Thu 17-Dec-20 13:16:14

That was a corker wasn't it Urmston ? gringringrin

Lins, I'll know if I don't get one back grin

One of the recipients was born 10 days before me in the same maternity ward and her parents struck up a friendship with mine 80 years ago. Of course we called them aunty and uncle having known them all our lives and were as good as family.

Taichinan Thu 17-Dec-20 13:19:57

Just popped back for a mo. Urms my DD had a jigsaw made for me of her two DDs aged 2 and nearly 4. When I had completed I bought a jigsaw frame for it and it still has pride of place in my hallway. It was a joy to make and still brings me joy 13 years later. Your FiL will love his!

EllanVannin Thu 17-Dec-20 13:22:13

There's been a flurry of parcels so far and I need a loaf but daren't venture out just in case so it'll be a couple of poached eggs on two more crumpets. Ah well, they'll fill a hole.

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Dec-20 13:39:13

Quick return to extend a warm welcome to HeyHo this thread is so delightful and comforting, it sets me up for the day, thanks to all, especially*Mick*.