Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls: Part Two-whit, Two-woo

(604 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 19:25:32

Hello Everyone smile
New thread here.
Thank you all so very much for your company on the first thread.
I'm looking forward to our half asleep, woozy 2am chats moonbrew

Rufus2 Fri 15-Jan-21 10:23:56

but do I prefer it when you don't take the p*ss and try to wind people up.
Fanny Well, do you or don't you! ? tchconfused

If I don't, whose going to change your bedpans in the middle of the night and raise your hospital beds for you to take your tablets?
The night ghosties might take over.! tchgrin
OoRoo

Megs36 Fri 15-Jan-21 10:35:40

Rufus will you never learn? Last time you didn’t keep in line (me too!) there was a contretemps- is that a word- and which resulted in tellings off,and I got a severe email from HQ.
Cheers anyway. ????

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Jan-21 10:39:03

Yes Rufus, it was a typo. Thank goodness you are here on a daily basis to point out my grammatical errors and mistakes in my syntax.

Was your comment about 'bedpans', 'hospital beds' and medication supposed to be so offensive?

Rufus2 Fri 15-Jan-21 11:43:15

supposed to be so offensive
Fanny Oh dear! I'm so sorry. sad
It was meant to be funny, picking up the tone of your "taking the p*ss" remark, but I realise now that that wasn't friendly banter. tchhmm
Now that I know my place I'll stick to soup!

Good Health

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Jan-21 11:45:23

Apology accepted. Enjoy your lunch!smilewine

FannyCornforth Sat 16-Jan-21 05:06:42

Hello all moon
It was incredibly quiet here over the last few hours...

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 05:08:21

I've not slept yet.
I'm really excelling myself with my insomnia lately.

Mollygo Sat 16-Jan-21 05:18:19

Did anyone else find that GN had a fault on it which meant you couldn’t open the site late last night and early this morning? That’s twice in the last few days.

Nell8 Sat 16-Jan-21 05:37:15

Mollygo Yes, except I thought it was my fault and I'd done something daft. Spent ages jabbing away at my tablet getting nowhere. Hence raised adrenalin levels and no sleep!!
Anyhow, all's well now and it's lovely to greet the first signs of dawn on this gentle thread.

Rufus2 Sat 16-Jan-21 05:39:47

Did anyone else find that GN had a fault

Thank goodness! Thought I'd been barred again! tchhmm
Didn't have soup today so nothing to talk about!
Have a Good day!

FannyCornforth Sat 16-Jan-21 05:40:14

Oh MissA poor you. I had that a few days ago. Is it anything in particular?

Mollygo I did have that issue last night.
I've also had this very weird thing happen quite often: when I open it it goes to the active threads page, but it's from last month.
I've opened a couple of the threads and the most recent comments are dated 17 December. It's most odd.

Currently drinking earl grey. brew
Hope you manage to get some rest MissA

FannyCornforth Sat 16-Jan-21 05:47:34

Hello Nell, and hello Rufus

Rufus - I saw your Bradford joke on another thread - it was vg. However, I misread it at first and actually thought that you were old mates with Humph and Barry. I instantly regretted being frosty with you (yes, I am that shallow). I was relieved that I was mistaken and that the froideur (sp?) can continue unfettered smile

No soup? - I thought that you said that you were having something fishy, it being Friday?

Mollygo Sat 16-Jan-21 05:56:44

Hurray for the weather. I never thought I’d welcome rain, but yesterday’s frost was horrendous. All I need now is for it to stop raining and the sun to come out. Oh and a couple of hours sleep. ??

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 06:02:40

It's lots of things really, fanny, and I've just got totally out of any routine, work, home, and sleepwise.

MissAdventure Sat 16-Jan-21 06:04:14

We had 24 hours or so of non stop rain a few days ago.
I was glad to see the back of it!

FannyCornforth Sat 16-Jan-21 06:12:18

It seems to be raining all over the country.
Our back garden is flooded. The dog and the cat make a right muddy mess all over the kitchen floor. The cat has great long tufts between her toes, so her paws act like four mops.
Molly I know exactly what you mean about a routine. I haven't worked since July when I was doing a bit from home.
I feel like DH and I are in our own little world (well, we are really).
I can't bear to think about the bigger picture as I don't know what it holds.
And it's like this for us all isn't it.
Such odd times...

Rufus2 Sat 16-Jan-21 06:37:50

it being Friday
Good Morning Every Night Owl!
Fanny We've already had our Friday, yesterday in fact, so yesterday's soup is nothing to talk about today, Saturday, which is the day I've not had soup; tchconfused
Lunch today was;
No soup,
Beer-battered Chish and Fips, fried Dim Sim and 2 potato fritters! If I still had my gall-bladder that could be my daily lunch tchgrin
Hope I haven't put you all off your (full English?) breakfasts?
Now what to have for dinner this evening!? tchhmm
Cheerio

Kim19 Sat 16-Jan-21 06:57:54

Hello Rufus and everyone! All this talk of fish and chips etc. Wow! I need to break into the day gently and work up to that sort of heavy stuff in due course. Must be getting fragile in my dotage. Dream on! Haven't managed any curtain twitching yet. Guess it will be more of the awful stuff out there although the weatherman did suggest a tropical 8 degrees was a possibility. I'll just stay in my super tropical bed for awhile. Saturday. Gosh, they used to be different to the others not so long ago. Strange times indeed. Hope everyone has a good one whatever it entails. Cheers!

Nana3 Sat 16-Jan-21 08:11:29

Mumsnet had a message from hq saying the tech team were working on the fault, no message for us grans, they probably wrongly thought we were all asleep.

Marilla Sun 17-Jan-21 04:51:16

Hello Night Owls!
Gosh it’s cold! The bottom half of me is toasty while my top half is cold outside the duvet.

The book I’m reading is downloaded onto the iPad and I wish I had bought the paperback. It sounds silly, but it means I’m on the iPad even more especially this early in the morning.
The book is The Snow and the Other Works on the Railway Line. I think it was serialised on Radio 4 this week. Not made my mind up about it yet.

My last book was Shuggie Bain and it was a terrific read.

Marilla Sun 17-Jan-21 04:52:48

Fanny how is your husband? Is he continuing to improve?

nadateturbe Sun 17-Jan-21 06:01:41

Good morning Marilla. I'm so glad to hear you are over your op and recovering. I'm sure you would have waited a long time on NHS given the current situation.
Might be a silly question (I'm good at those) but are you still in hospital?

I have just bought Shuggie Bain on Audible thanks for recommendation. Sounds like my type of read. I do prefer an actual book though, mostly because if I forget something I can flick back. Also I've found I can buy them very cheaply used on Amazon. Think I'll try to get back to sleep now before I reach for the Ferrero Rocher.

Kim19 Sun 17-Jan-21 06:48:50

Hello to everyone dipping in here. Marilla, I much prefer my iPad for a book. I can pillow prop it and keep hands cosy for much longer than a book even although I do have the triangular support cushion aid gadget. It must have a name. I just don't know it!!

Marilla Sun 17-Jan-21 07:05:12

nadateturbe I was only in hospital overnight. I’m having to to be a compliant patient here at home while my back heals.
I have a small waterproof dressing on the site of the incision.
Thank you for your kind message too.

Hope you enjoy Shuggie Bain!

Marilla Sun 17-Jan-21 07:06:54

Kim19 I must look out for the iPad prop you mention.