Gransnet forums

Chat

The very nasty Laurence Fox

(221 Posts)
BlueBelle Sat 16-Jan-21 13:25:24

I have been very limited in my title as I don’t want to be rude
Laurence Fox has now bought himself an exemption lanyard off Amazon so he doesn’t need to wear a mask I believe he hinted at anxiety although I m not sure if that’s his full reasoning He also held a party I believe at his house in November
This man is an utter disgrace

Oldwoman70 Tue 11-May-21 11:19:56

I initially felt sorry for him because he seemed to be vilified for stating an opinion. blush However, since then his statements have become more and more extreme and any sympathy I had for him has disappeared.

He was never a serious contender for Mayor of London and like others I can't imagine why anyone would have voted for him

Namsnanny Tue 11-May-21 11:15:19

They're a well known acting family arnt the jaylucy?
I wonder what their ancestry was?
I might go and look them up!

Doodledog Tue 11-May-21 11:14:50

maddyone

He was never going to win anyway, so no use worrying about him. He’s yesterday’s news.

I doubt if anyone is worrying about him - I'm certainly not?.

Namsnanny Tue 11-May-21 11:10:58

EllanVannin

As I've said before, I don't think the man is very well. MH issues ?

You may be right EllanVannin, and if he didn't before he probably will now!

jaylucy Tue 11-May-21 11:02:33

He's one of those actors that he is the same, whatever part he plays !
Cousin to Emilia Fox

Namsnanny Tue 11-May-21 11:02:07

maddyone

He was never going to win anyway, so no use worrying about him. He’s yesterday’s news.

True.

EllanVannin Tue 11-May-21 10:55:58

As I've said before, I don't think the man is very well. MH issues ?

annodomini Tue 11-May-21 10:31:53

I think that last sentence should read 'Let's hope...'
Fat finger typo.

annodomini Tue 11-May-21 10:30:48

Can't imagine why anyone voted for him. The lost deposit is only £10K which probably doesn't hit his pocket hard enough.Let's hope his seemingly limitless conceit has taken a knock.

JaneJudge Tue 11-May-21 10:25:09

Kali2

Best news in a long time - so few votes and lost his deposit. Nasty, horrible little tw... erp.

that's made my day blush grin

maddyone Tue 11-May-21 09:57:35

GagaJo Tue 11-May-21 09:44:40

It's as if he is on a downward slope of his own intention. He'll be standing for UKIP next no doubt.

Billie Piper must feel she had SUCH a lucky escape.

Franbern Tue 11-May-21 09:20:49

Well, this horrible man now means I can no long enjoy watching repeats of Lewis. Was one of my favourites, but find it difficult to see this nasty person even in the role of someone else. Just hope that he crawls back under the stone from which he emerged and stays there for good.

Doodledog Tue 11-May-21 00:51:15

I wonder if he has kiboshed his acting career by his idiotic posturing, or whether he will be able to wait for people to forget about it and accept him in another role? I suspect that he has.

nanna8 Tue 11-May-21 00:38:47

Should have stuck to working with Lewis, I didn’t mind him in that. Funny how actors and actresses suddenly decide they have so much to offer in politics with their enormous brain power and keen insight.

Blossoming Mon 10-May-21 23:00:25

I don’t follow him on Twitter or YouTube, but I have heard him singing on a radio show. It was excruciating and for that alone I think he should be banned from ever appearing in public again. Carry on without me grin

Kali2 Mon 10-May-21 22:47:32

Best news in a long time - so few votes and lost his deposit. Nasty, horrible little tw... erp.

GagaJo Sat 30-Jan-21 10:04:03

Interesting article about Billie Piper, in relation to the odious Fox bloke.

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jan/30/billie-piper-dysfunctional-relationships-terrible-taste-in-men-interview?CMP=fb_a-tv-and-radio_b-gdntvandradio&fbclid=IwAR2QOhqemcCK8ZXnCGjWhBRdnGj14Cqi706Bu7vgHOnHopdyKaCFfhNzrGI

Iam64 Sun 24-Jan-21 08:24:10

Callistemon, yes the players were tested before flying. It isn’t unknown for someone with a negative test to show symptoms within a day or so.

Callistemon Sat 23-Jan-21 23:31:34

Your Government should have cancelled the Australian Open, I think, nanna8.
Why on earth did they let it go ahead? Tennis players will come because it was allowed and they are desperate to play and hope for some return to normality.

welbeck Sat 23-Jan-21 23:21:30

maybe the name helped ?

Eloethan Sat 23-Jan-21 23:12:30

He seems to be a very unpleasant man.

A few years ago he took part in a programme re celebrities climbing a mountain - I think it was Kilimanjaro. It was probably for charity. At the time I thought his attitude towards one of the other celebrities was just downright rude.

Then there were his comments about the Black Lives Matter issue and his sneers about the comments of successful actors from more "working class" backgrounds who said younger actors from similar backgrounds to them were now far less likely now to be offered acting work.

In my opinion, he's not a great actor either. I thought he was deadly dull in the TV series Lewis.

GrannyRose15 Sat 23-Jan-21 22:38:34

janeainsworth

^Have you forgotten Prof Neil Ferguson’s original prediction that without intervention half a million people would die? He was doubted but it looks as though he was right after all.^

That’s what I said about Neil Ferguson GrannyRose.
Your vicious words say more about you than about him.

Sat 16-Jan-21 14:27:24
Of Laurence Fox: He’s a male version of Katie Hopkins & best avoided.

Sun 17-Jan-21 18:05:30
it’s Lord Sumption you’re referring to. Another piece of work.

Three words;

pot
kettle
black

nanna8 Sat 23-Jan-21 22:32:33

Sadly quite a few of the tennis people, players and adherents, have brought Covid with them. So far they have contained it and they are in isolation but the track record on containment isn’t too good. They can test negative on a couple of occasions and then positive on the next so I guess they would have caught it from someone on the plane. It is the uk strand which we are all scared of.

Callistemon Sat 23-Jan-21 21:43:30

Ours, Victoria, is the strictest because our population is high.
Victoria did have the highest number of cases but other states did shut their borders to anyone from Victoria.