Soop's welcoming kitchen for friendly folk

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 17-Feb-21 12:34:39

Here we are again...
Happy as can be in the circumstances
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME dear kitcheners, old and new. smile

cornergran Thu 25-Feb-21 07:59:33

Their second mumofmsdboys. I feel much more settled now, the extra health news threw me for a bit, now it’s onwards

It’s dry here, hooray, sunshine forecast, the birthday boy has opened some cards and a daft gift from me, a walk in our closest NT grounds later. Hope the chef doesn’t burn the steak he requested later.

If you’d like more sheds to sort there are three here nannyt, all on our one day when we feel like it list where they remained for most of last year grin.

Have as good a day as you can everyone. Look after yourselves.

Puzzler61 Thu 25-Feb-21 08:08:48

Popping in to wish Mr Cornergran a Happy Birthday ? ?.
You were in need of the soothing comfort of kitchen friends yesterday Cornergran and I hope it helped to sit awhile here.
Early miscarriages are still sad, hopes and dreams are snatched away. Any loss is to be mourned and of course you would love to be beside her holding her hand.
Wishing you better news about your health worries. New issues are an awful shock but sometimes they are not as bad as we first feared - and I truly hope this is so for you - or we come to terms with them and start to fight back thinking “right, what can I do about this”.
?

Puzzler61 Thu 25-Feb-21 08:10:18

Enjoy the National Trust walk too with the Birthday Boy, it’s sure to be showing you nature waking up to greet the Spring ? ?

Jaxjacky Thu 25-Feb-21 08:21:12

Happy Birthday MrC enjoy your NT walk.

soop Thu 25-Feb-21 12:49:26

I do love you lot. If you don't know by now...well!

Urmstongran Lovely to hear news of our Maw. Please pass on my best wishes to her.

Grandmafrench Our birds have Scottish twitters. The noise going on outside the window is possibly of Gaelic origins. I also think that lurve is in the air. there's a lot of frisky canoodling.

BladeAnnie Thu 25-Feb-21 12:55:12

Just popping in to say good afternoon and happy birthday to Mr C . Cornergran hoping you are feeling more settled today - a difficult time indeed. I lost my first baby at around the three month stage 31 years ago - it always stays with you. But I'm so grateful I went on to have my two beautiful girls. We have to take my mum to an appointment at the eye clinic this afternoon - all relatively simple but she does have a tendency to complicate things enormously!! Virtual hugs to all in need and stay safe

Grandmabatty Thu 25-Feb-21 13:44:47

Happy birthday Mr.Cornergran. I hope you have a good day.

soop Thu 25-Feb-21 14:33:46

The computer decided to "update" stuff a little earlier. What a palaver. No sooner did I suppose that it had completed the task, it asked me to hang on for another episode of tweeking. I shouted at it to get a move on. All to no avail.

Happy birthday MrC. I'm hoping that the sun continues to shine for you.

The builder has started work on the outside timbers. After which, he'll clean the outside render and smarten things up. He'll also repair some of the paving slabs that have become wobbly and uneven. All in all, the decor hasn't suffered too badly over seventeen years. The salt sea air can be a wee bit destructive. Our wee hoos should look tip top by the end of spring. And then...there's the garden...

soop Thu 25-Feb-21 14:39:10

muse Thank you for sharing the very funny cartoon.

Hello Ann, it's always good to hear from you.

NG* I am concerned.

Nannytopsy Snap! I'm changing the sheets this afternoon. I really enjoy slipping between freshly laundered and beautifully ironed sheets. wink The wink is for all our Kitcheners who avoid ironing.

Fennel Thu 25-Feb-21 14:46:08

Good news about the hoos - at least you're not perched on a clay clifftop as in some buildings on the english E coast. Which are sliding into the sea shock.

brook2704 Thu 25-Feb-21 15:09:36

Just popped into the kitchen as it’s just got so very windy in the garden ... my weather app on my phone says sunny with a moderate breeze - but there’s nothing much moderate about it... it’s time to stay indoors for the rest of the day I think ...

GrannySomerset Thu 25-Feb-21 15:51:53

Glad to have news of Maw, whose posts and poems are much missed. Have struggled to get going today, despite a good U3A Zoom book group this morning. Just have to accept that some days are unproductive I guess. At least most of us are in the same position.

Doodle Thu 25-Feb-21 16:21:15

Sending happy birthday wishes to MrC . Glad you’re feeling a bit brighter corner .
I’m staying in because the tree pollen is playing havoc with my eyes. I’m sitting here thinking I should have mittens on to stop me rubbing them. Self control is required ? I must not rub my eyes, I must ... I wonder if some ? would help ?
TOYA ?

soop Thu 25-Feb-21 17:17:52

Doodle A wee glass of wine for medicinal purposes, naturally, can do little harm. I may join you.

Fennel What a scary thought for those living on that uncertain coastline.

GrannieSomerset, we've all had days much like yours. They happen. We survive. They disappear. (((hugs)))

brook Our gales have eased since yesterday. Just stay hunkered down and reeeeelax.

N&G I am very concerned.

Goodnight to our lovely peoples. A certain black has appeared on the doorstep. Should I ignore her? Awww! Certainly not. smile moon

NanaandGrampy Thu 25-Feb-21 17:32:36

Afternoon all,

Happy Birthday Mr Corner !!

Sorry for being missing in action Soop - would you believe internet issues :-( nothing on the scale of yours but all resolved now.

I'll be back as usual tomorrow x

Jaxjacky Thu 25-Feb-21 17:49:59

Afternoon all, GrannySomerset sorry you’re have a doldrums afternoon, we all have them, they pass. soop good news on your maintenance, I’m awaiting a price on some garden clearance.
Well, I’ve had a very up day, showered, hair washed, t/gel seems to be getting rid of dandruff or whatever it is., bathrooms cleaned, house hoovered and floors washed. I think it’s because I had my jab yesterday, as someone with health anxiety, a blight, I don’t think I’d realised how much it was preying on my mind. Sausages and mash for dinner, one of DH’s few specialties, but he is, as they say, knackered after a hard day’s work, so I’m chef.
PS pleased to see N&G back.
Thoughts with panache

Urmstongran Thu 25-Feb-21 18:55:28

‘Evening All’
?

A productive day here. I had a good sort out of my bookcase. Culled my books right down. Must be 40 or so in a thick paper carrier ready to be donated. ? to a charity shop ? To a hospice or hospital. I must make enquiries.

We also had a nice long stroll in the sunshine this afternoon. We’ve eaten (I cook) and Himself is washing up. No dishwasher here in this small apartment but hey ho, it’s only two of us these days. Or 3 on Sundays!

Hope everyone has a peaceful night ahead. x

‘Goodnight All’.

cornergran Thu 25-Feb-21 19:07:31

Mr C sends his thanks for the birthday wishes. He's had a good day, enjoyed our walk, family have been in touch including a hilarious FaceTime call from our Littlest. I think his day is about to be made better by the steak lurking in the fridge.

An image to share from today’s walk, such a treat to be out under a blue sky.

Take care everyone.

Bellanonna Thu 25-Feb-21 19:15:38

Oh gosh, how awful MOMB. Sorry for your daughter, Corner. I, too, am undergoing tests - worrying times. Hope everything turns out well.

cornergran Thu 25-Feb-21 19:23:51

Good luck with your tests bellanonna, hope all works out well for you. Waiting is often the hardest part I think.

brook2704 Thu 25-Feb-21 19:50:49

Hoping everything gets resolved quickly bellanonna without too much worry
momb ?
Such a beautiful sunny spring picture cornergran a lovely way to celebrate your DH birthday ?

Bellanonna Thu 25-Feb-21 20:24:24

Thank you both ?

Urmstongran Thu 25-Feb-21 20:44:10

It’s an anxious and emotional time waiting for test results Bellasnonna. You alternate between thinking ‘sure it’ll be okay’ to ‘but what if ..’. I hope all comes back soon bringing you relief. x

Puzzler61 Thu 25-Feb-21 21:00:39

Can I add my best wishes too Bellanonna for a good outcome to your tests. flowers

Grandmafrench Thu 25-Feb-21 23:27:26

Tons of luck and good wishes to you, Bellanonna. Try not to worry.

What a simply beautiful scene, corner and you both had lovely weather to get out there and enjoy it. Glad Mr C was happy on his day. Hopefully next year's birthdays will be very different for us all.

Sweet dreams, everyone ! x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion