Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you love about gransnet?

(85 Posts)
grandmajet Sun 21-Feb-21 10:26:31

I’ve been on here about a month now, driven by lockdown and ill health. I’ve found places to read and cautiously enter into serious discussion, places to offer sympathy or advice when asked for, places just to laugh and enjoy others’ great sense of humour, and have dared to start a few threads, hoping to amuse and/or challenge others.
What do you love/hate most about this place?

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 09:38:00

grannysyb, my daughter thought the same, when I started going to the Edinburgh meet up! She was sure I would be abducted and sold into slavery!
I have had some wonderful days out in Edinburgh and now hope Glasgow, soon!

honeyrose Mon 22-Feb-21 10:13:12

I first joined GN last spring/summer. I love it - it’s like a community, a group of friends. I read about GN in a book about retirement and I didn’t join for ages, but I always had it in mind to do so. So glad I did. I’ve not got strong political views, but I do enjoy reading your opinions and I find that there is so much else you can join in with - or just read about. I too enjoy thinking about the different writing styles - it’s an insight into the person. I’ve had some very good advice as well. A while ago I was bothered that I was getting too attached to my 2 grandchildren, pre-lockdown, and the advice I received was really helpful and made me see things in a different way. There’s serious stuff on GN, funny stuff, nostalgic and/or frivolous stuff. Just love it - so varied! Thanks everyone for your input and welcome to all new members.

BlueSky Mon 22-Feb-21 10:52:18

honeyrose
“There’s serious stuff on GN, funny stuff, nostalgic and/or frivolous stuff. Just love it - so varied! Thanks everyone for your input and welcome to all new members.”
Honeyrose that’s about it!

LauraNorder Mon 22-Feb-21 11:50:39

grandmajet, you’ve got it.
OrlinNorder. All in order. Not exotic at all.

grandmajet Mon 22-Feb-21 12:33:21

??

BlueSky Mon 22-Feb-21 12:37:08

LauraNorder

*grandmajet*, you’ve got it.
OrlinNorder. All in order. Not exotic at all.

gringrin

Floradora9 Mon 22-Feb-21 21:51:53

To be honest not a lot I can tell you what I hate though and it is all these stupid games . We are not school age children to be kept amused .

NellG Mon 22-Feb-21 22:03:15

LauraNorder As quirky names go it really wouldn't be a bad one though. We've all heard worse! I quite like it. You may start a new trend in boy's names.

Flora I also hate the games. And the weird fantasy/innuendo threads - but they're easily avoided and lots love them.

welbeck Mon 22-Feb-21 22:18:48

i think the games should be in a separate section, so we could avoid them filling up the active list, esp at night.
they are quite different from these discussion threads.
those who like them would find it useful too.
and of course for OP's subsequent posts to be highlighted...