Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Mar-21 06:14:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley ,but there is a sign of brightness in the sky.
Today , usual shop and do my own Fish & Chips in the oven , before a nap and watch cycling on TV, GB hopes look good in Spain .
Did some shredding yesterday , having stockpiled things , the shredder got hot, so staggered the shredding , maybe a new one next week .

Talking of Next week , local travel is allowed so will officially go to my usual haunts hopefully and catch up with people I know on the bus journeys .
Take Care,
Mick

Beechnut Fri 26-Mar-21 12:14:00

Urmstongran

EV I just ❤️ your sense of humour ‘nose like an anteater’ just had me giggling away! No wonder you’re one of my besties.
?

EV’s ‘Eat your tea’ set me off ?? and before that the mosquitoes jokes from Jax.

Blossoming Fri 26-Mar-21 12:18:34

Muse it’s from Weird Fish. I have a few of their summer dresses, they’re good quality organic cotton and wash well.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Mar-21 12:24:23

Yes! ‘eat your tea’!! Mum’s didn’t pander in those days and tie themselves in knots did they? haha!

Welcome to you HannahLoisLuke ? that bird box looks very pretty. You are obviously talented. Nice to have you join us!

dustyangel Fri 26-Mar-21 12:31:27

Good morning all. Another day with the sky covered by cloud not cold though, evthough the thermometer has Ben banished to the north east corner of the house it’s still registering 18.5°. I’ve have some photos of ‘our’ sheep to show you . Not ours at all of course but grazing on our land. That first sheep was definitely a Pinchy at heart. A determined character. The last photograph showing a different time of year show the difficulties the shepherds here have. They walk the sheep in the traditional way.
Grandmafrench I’m enjoying your tales of your work in the pool far more than you are enjoying doing it. It amuses me when people think a swimming pool just sits there and looks after itself. Apart from problems in a country where the earth moves frequently, water is a living entity and changes all the time.

dustyangel Fri 26-Mar-21 12:33:59

It’s no good photos won’t post, I’ll try again later.

Nannagarra Fri 26-Mar-21 12:39:20

Ashcombe - love your photos and link to the site. I’m delighted that your DH is about to get a jab. ?
Thinking of Mrgaga, Cherry, dragonfly46, Maw, Hattie and Auntieflo.
Marydoll - keep on posting, sharing and offloading; we’re all here for you, brave lady.
The sun’s now shining. Yes....!

Jaxjacky Fri 26-Mar-21 13:12:42

Laura you must be so pleased to have light without a blue hue and a view.
EV I share your keen sense of smell, I drive DH nuts as like a pointer I stop dead, what’s that smell?. Stood us in good stead when we had a gas leak though.

Taichinan Fri 26-Mar-21 14:03:33

Holly happy birthday for yesterday!
And Muse, Amselerin is a poster I'm missing.

NanKate Fri 26-Mar-21 17:02:41

Just to let you know I have just emailed Gillybob and sent good wishes to her from 19 of us ! What a great group we are. ?

NannyJan53 Fri 26-Mar-21 17:46:27

Thank you NanKate we are all thinking of her and hoping she is ok.

LauraNorder Fri 26-Mar-21 21:35:18

Thank you NanKate.

Elizabeth1 Sun 28-Mar-21 15:52:11

Where’s my post?