Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-Mar-21 06:08:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start but looks dry out there in Brackley this morning.
Today , small shop early , then some housework , lunch, a nap ,as no cycling on TV until midweek nothing much.
I am looking forward towards the coming days , when I will local travel in a way on the buses , and hopefully see people I have not seen since late last year .
Take Care ,
Mick

Kalu Mon 29-Mar-21 09:56:29

I liked your telling me to behave Marydoll. ? cheeky besom, you are the world’s worst for behaving! It appears the day has arrived when I will have to make do with tapping my feet and a bit of body shoogling ! I have visions of us supporting each other to enjoy our coffee meet up. My knee is louping. Ouch! Sonos and Spotify ?

Singing and dancing is so therapeutic Grandmafrench. I sing in the car too. Other driver must surely think I have lost the plot which I have during this pandemic. I will take some fun wherever I find it. ??
I am in touch with friends and neighbours in Southern Provence who despair at the current situation there.
Fingers crossed all goes well for Ludo. ?

Urmstongran Mon 29-Mar-21 09:58:52

Well I’ve been on another thread GrandmaFrench this morning and taken a right battering - for daring to say the covid situation is bad in France.

Grannyme6 Mon 29-Mar-21 09:58:53

Good morning everyone. Dry here in Essex, but yet to see the sun.
Thanks for the nudge Urmston, I’m still here but have very little to contribute at the moment - knee deep in chaos with two rooms emptied whilst DH decorates - a shame the project wasn’t started weeks ago when we couldn’t go anywhere. Hey-ho, hopefully it won’t be long before we’re straight again.
We’ve had problems with our push down - pop up plug in our downstairs loo *Marydoll’. I finally managed to unscrew the top having drenched the area with Viakal. The basin is useable of course but doesn’t look great without the ‘plug’.
My good wishes to all.

dustyangel Mon 29-Mar-21 10:05:35

Good mooring all, cloud at the moment but the sun should break through soon. I’ve only read as far as Ashcombe’s second post before I need to join in! I too love that poem and need to say it to myself if I see the moon in the night. But as for showing the Fridge who is the boss ....I opened ours yesterday evening and the handle which is known to be weak snapped off in my hand. According to DH, I was standing in the wrong place! And holding the wrong part of the plastic handle! . It has been working well and being a large fridge freezer will not be cheap to replace. I suspect that if it can’t be mended it will be opened by loosening the seal until we find a good alternative.
I shall find that smile by catching up with the rest of you.

EllanVannin Mon 29-Mar-21 10:09:05

Good Morning All x.
Thank goodness the wind's dropped. It's 12 degrees at present so positively hot compared to last week. The cats are affected by the wind and were unsettled so I was up in the early hours as one of them had misplaced the net curtain rod so I had to get the step-stool to put it back in place.

The cat had been hankering to get out so I let it out of the window and the other two followed. It was blowing a galeinside until they came back in. They were pests

Washing will blow nicely today, neighbour left hers out yesterday all night and it's all wrapped round the line. grin

A bit of tidying up then a short walk to the post box so nothing strenuous. Could do with washing my hair while the atmosphere is warm as it takes ages to dry. Then I must phone D to see if she's got a free hour to take me for my 2nd jab on Wednesday. If so, we might even get to go to M&S for Easter shopping while we're at it.

Hope everyone gets their appointments over and done with in readiness for a family meet-up weekend. I'd like a change of scenery to see the GGC at D's house as Ruby-Lou will be staying for the weekend.

Have a good day all, take care and stay safe. xx

Welcome to Grandmadinosaur flowers

BlueSapphire Mon 29-Mar-21 10:09:08

A late good morning from a grey and windy Northampton. Nothing much to report here, another Groundhog Day really.

Had a walk to the postbox yesterday and attempted to use the cashpoint but annoyingly it was out of service. May ask DD to stop at one for me at the weekend.

Expecting a parcel from Boots this morning - decided to treat myself to some new beauty products last week, so will be looking forward to trying them out. Not that I'm going anywhere for anyone to see the new me!

Hope everyone meeting family, friends or going out today has a lovely time. Take care.

hulahoop Mon 29-Mar-21 10:13:00

Hi from West York's it's still windy but it's supposed to pick up in next few days .We will hopefully sit outside even though nobody can come in .Your eyebrow saga made me smile marydoll.Take care everyone ?

Mapleleaf Mon 29-Mar-21 10:20:46

Good morning all.
It's bright and blustery in South Yorkshire but not cold - a nice drying day, which is a good thing as I've got a load almost ready to go out.
May potter in the garden today. Looking forward to seeing my friend for coffee in the garden later this week. It's meant to warm up nicely for the next few days, so the ideal time to do it now we are allowed ?.
Take care everyone, and welcome Grandmadinosaur.

muse Mon 29-Mar-21 10:29:40

Good Morning from a grey Cornwall. I was hoping for sunshine. Perhaps later.
Slightly better night. Being surrounded by cushions helped with support. Woke up a few times but repositioned myself and back to sleep. Got through with no painkillers.
Marydoll that plug hole sounds cavernous grin. Well done with your eyebrows.
Jax. Seen the lovely news of your win (inheritance) comp. grin
GrandmaFrench. I love to hear MrM singing. He has a very melodic deep baritone voice.

Now we can all travel for miles and miles ! I can't ! Must wait till the sciatica eases as it's so painful to drive. Sod's law. Walks and stretches are lined up for the day. Catching up with LoD this morning. Recorded it as I needed an early night. So tired.

Welcome to the newcomers. There seems to be a lot at the moment, Stay safe everyone,

Urmstongran Mon 29-Mar-21 10:32:02

Hi Grannyme! ??

Craftycat Mon 29-Mar-21 10:46:43

Sunny in Surrey & the washing is on the line!

Blossoming Mon 29-Mar-21 10:52:41

Good morning all from a cloudy Lancashire. Not much planned for today, it takes my body a while to catch up when the clocks change. I ordered some new curtains from Nect for the top floor sitting room, where we spend most of our time when indoors. They were delivered on Saturday, so today I’m going to take the old curtains down and wash them, clean the window pole and surrounds, then put the new curtains up. I have a step stool that will let me reach the curtain pole and it’s easy to unclip the hooks.

Mr. B. is currently designing the ultimate bird table, it will be a masterpiece of engineering ?

Have a restful Monday everyone.

Jaxjacky Mon 29-Mar-21 10:54:35

muse I’ve just popped back to say, firstly, apologies to grandmadinosaur for my misspelling and secondly..I won a prize in a GN sponsored discussion! I’m very excited! A £200 voucher, I’ll replace my ancient epilator and, well, I don’t know yet. Anyway, it’s cheered my day.

Megs36 Mon 29-Mar-21 10:56:37

Morning all, yes Marydoll shielding advice is very f confusing, so far as stay local is concerned we still don’t go far except tomorrow is our second vaccination so short adventure..... trip out ??

Megs36 Mon 29-Mar-21 10:57:47

Dont know where that f came from,don’t mean it, honest!

Litterpicker Mon 29-Mar-21 11:15:09

Good morning from blue skied and bathed in sunshine West Sussex.

The demolition team are taking my neighbours’ conservatory down. A new one will be going in next week. So a quiet coffee outside with my book is not on the menu ?. We are what the developers and estate agents call a “mews” but I would call it a terrace. When she came round to warn us it would be starting today I said she just wanted revenge for the new bathroom and patio doors we had done over 3 very hot and sunny weeks last August grin.

DH having second vaccine later today. I hoping I will hear soon about mine. We broke the rules yesterday by going a day early to DDs in response to a text asking if anyone could take 2 hideous children out for a bit! By the time we got there and ate our lunch in the garden, the monsters had become fairly human. We went off happily to what GD knows as ‘broken park’ because most of the play equipment has been removed and it’s all rather sad looking. GD(6) rode her bike and GD(2) toddled along happily behind. I had to run to keep up with GD on bike while DH did very slow walking with little one. I have sympathy with those with dodgy knees.

Workers must be having tea-break as it’s gone quiet next door. I will go for a stroll to the sea in a bit - I hope yesterday’s cold wind has gone.

Hope your sciatica eases muse. Hope Cherry has had a better night and thinking also of Auntieflo who I forgot to mention yesterday.

☀️☀️☀️ to all (in your hearts if you are in rainy Scotland or NI!).

Grandmadinosaur Mon 29-Mar-21 11:15:39

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. Sorry like my user name suggests ( decided on as its my grandsons favourite. Playing dinosaurs that is) I don’t know how to do the bold names to tag people. Can anyone help please?
Marydoll I have posted on a few threads previously. Have enjoyed reading this thread whilst drinking a cuppa in bed every weekday brought to me by my DH. He’s a keeper for that alone ?

Litterpicker Mon 29-Mar-21 11:18:04

Congratulations to Jaxjacky on your win ?

Scentia Mon 29-Mar-21 11:18:26

Not yet Urmstongran but they did say it can take up to 6 months to get the dose right. I feel a little better knowing there is a reason for how I have been feeling so that is a bonus!!

Marydoll Mon 29-Mar-21 11:31:23

Grandmadinosaur, I too have my cuppa brought every morning, it's allows me time to come to.
Despite all my tongue in cheek comments about DH, he too is a keeper. ?

Auntieflo Mon 29-Mar-21 11:48:20

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all you busy people.
I shall have an outing today, but it's only to have the first infusion, that goes alongside my treatment.
I have only skim read all the many posts so far, so will have to do my homework later!
This morning I received my new card from JL, and now have to 'activate' it. The letter says Have both cards ready!!?? Previously I destroyed the old one, as instructed. Oh well, I will start the process and see how far we get.
Marydoll, your bathroom antics made me laugh. I had the same trouble with our cloakroom basin and it's pop up plug. The plug got stuck down and would not pop up.
Squirts of WD40 did a good job, once I had managed to actually release the wretched thing. My DH is another who is on the Need To Know List. He is not a DIYer.
Last night, we had a joint effort at cooking supper, hmmm. DS2 phoned in the middle of it all, so I was having a three way conversation. Talk about multi tasking. ?
Washing is on, and DH has emptied all the bins in readiness for tomorrow's collection. Of course, to add to the mix, we have new green bags, in which to put all the stuff that used to go in black boxes. This entailed DH being instructed in What to put Where. Oh my, it's exhausting.
My best wishes to all my lovely friends on here.
Have a good day one and all.

hollysteers Mon 29-Mar-21 11:50:56

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy northwest Lancashire coast. I’m off to buy a pressure washer at Lidl. Hope they still have them. It will be fun to clean the patio and my little garden ‘courtyard’ at the front. I’ll probably rope in DS or DD. My good excuse now is my right arm is not what it was since I had my lymph nodes removed.
Been feeling off colour with IBS and hernia, but hey ho, life might just improve in the not too distant future.
Ashcome I remember a holiday in Babbacombe when I was 17/18 with my best friend and at the end of the holiday, we filled our suitcases with big pebbles from the beach to take home, which was really stupid as our suitcases weighed a ton? It might have been Torquay, but Babbacombe rings a bell.
Thinking of Iris, dragonfly, Marydoll, Auntieflo and anyone with troubles on their mind,
Have a nice day and looking forward to reading through later.

Ashcombe Mon 29-Mar-21 11:56:34

hollysters: My address is Torquay but Babbacombe is the immediate area in which I live. Our nearest beach is down a steep path which can be accessed via a funicular railway, but there are many other beaches in Torbay.

AmberSpyglass Mon 29-Mar-21 11:59:50

Very windy here in Edinburgh, but a bit too overcast to make it a good drying day...

I’m horribly busy with online lectures and tutorials and I’d completely forgotten it’s Easter this weekend!

Party4 Mon 29-Mar-21 12:11:43

Morning all from a breezy but beautiful West Yorks.Late up today (9a.m) which is most unusual,must have been the long walk along canal side with DGCs yesterday. I have always loved to see a blowing line of washing, recall many yrs ago when we all had white Terry nappies,today though its bedding.Thrilled with todays delivery of some 20 squishy toys to fill plastic eggs for egg hunt Sunday along with small sweets, balloons etc and their fav Easter choc egg should keep them busy for all of 15mins? may try this year leaving clues for the older ones to work out esp as weather forecast not good. Those with illness and worry keep safe and smile at the thought of sunshine and life nearer normality.GNs have been my lifeline over the past year.x