Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Monday

(102 Posts)
12Michael Mon 05-Apr-21 06:07:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight situ outside but dry here at the moment here in Brackley , the forecast is for wintry showers for next few days .
Whether they appear locally is to be seen.
My day , will consist of a small shop early , followed by coffee and bickys.
Housework is immanent, with laundry and having brought a new shredder, get rid of allot of older documents .
Take Care,
Mick

olddudders Mon 05-Apr-21 08:14:08

Good Morning from near Le Mans, in Froggy France. Quite bright but a bit chilly yet. The warmest days of Spring appear to be behind us already!

For rhose who haven't gueessed, I am Ashcombe's OH. Note OH for other half, I can hardly call myself D! Thankyou for all the supportive comments about our Covid-enforced separation - we last saw each other 6 months ago today when Ashcombe left to drive to Caen for the ferry to Portsmouth. As she says, daily Zooms do help.

I hope Easter Monday brings you good things, but do go easy on those chocolate eggs!

baubles Mon 05-Apr-21 08:15:55

Good morning Mick, morning all from very cold but beautifully sunny South Lanarkshire.

Gorgeous blossom Ashcombe, I was just remarking the other day that I haven’t seen any locally yet.

What a smashing quilt Scentia, no wonder your DGS was thrilled with it.

Lovely to hear of so many of you meeting family, there’s definitely a glimmer of normal(ish) life resuming.

We had several FaceTime calls yesterday including one from DS who really isn’t a fan of video calls but the little one wanted to show us her painted eggs which she was going out to roll.

Other than that I had a quiet day footering about and felt content with that. I’m trying to dissuade DH from rushing off to the garden centres for a few days as I’m sure they will be heaving. I’m wondering where the one down the coast is Marydoll?

I’ve a couple of birthday gifts to wrap for posting this week then I must see in the ends of the crochet blanket before starting the border. That’ll keep me occupied today.

Keeping in mind everyone who is worried, ill, or sorrowful, I wish you all a peaceful day.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 05-Apr-21 08:16:50

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate with a smattering of the white stuff on the ground.
Believe I shall be seeing DD and DGS this morning hence the early start for me!!
All these quilts in the making make me feel quite lazy, especially since I have one that has been on the go for over 40 years!!
The house has not recovered yet from yesterday’s tornado (DGS) so it won’t be much different after DGD
Keep well folks have a good day. Will try to Pop in later

Marydoll Mon 05-Apr-21 08:24:52

Welcome olddudders! Glad to see you coming out of the closet at last. I wasn't sure if you wanted to remain anonymous, so didn't say anything.?
However, using my alter personna of a wannibee detective??️‍♀️, I sussed you out and your lovely wife confirmed it! ?

Its such a shame that you and Ashcombe have been separated for so long. I do hope you get a chance to be together in the not to distant future. It must be so frustrating for you both.

NannyJan53 Mon 05-Apr-21 08:26:43

Good morning from a chilly and cloudy Black Country.

Spent a lovely afternoon in DD's garden, eating homemade Pizzas in SIL's Pizza Oven. It was so warm and sunny. I haven't seen the girls since October, and was shocked to see how 12 year old DGD had grown. She is almost my height now, and towers over Mum. They loved my Sticky Toffee Loaf cake.

Kitty, Urms has decided to take a break from GN. Hopefully just a short one.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Stilllearning Mon 05-Apr-21 08:26:53

Morning from S Lanarkshire, lovely blue sky but a sprinkling of snow. I hope, illogically, that is not too cold as I have planned to take Easter eggs up to my two oldest GDs this afternoon and have a short outside chat.
Yesterday a happy afternoon with my bubble family and spoke to the rest on FaceTime.
Again lovely photos Ashcombe, especially the white blossom, thank you.
Your quilt is lovely Scentia, I’m not surprised your DGS couldn’t wait to put it on his bed!
I just glanced up and saw the projected temperatures on the weather chart, I think my farm visit will be VERY short.
The best of days to everyone.

Beauregard Mon 05-Apr-21 08:28:56

Good morning from Derbyshire. 2° here with few tiny flakes of snow falling.

Yesterday's Easter egg hunt was a great success, such smiley faces ? what a joy to see. It was coats off afterwards in the warm sunshine while we enjoyed our bacon cobs. Not so today, definitely coats on!

I'd like to do more gardening today but won't stay out long if it's cold. We might have a walk around the village later as there is an Easter trail and many of the gardens are decorated in an Easter theme.

Lovely quilt Scentia . Looking forward to seeing grandMatties too.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

NannyJan53 Mon 05-Apr-21 08:29:55

Welcome Olddudders good to have you here. I hope it wont' be to too much longer now until you can be together with your dear wife.

Jaxjacky Mon 05-Apr-21 08:35:34

Good morning Mick and all from a grey, blowy S Hants, the cold is on its way. Ian, assembling the greenhouse, got the frame up yesterday morning and will return tomorrow to finish it off. My rested knee seems ok, I’ll go for a walk later today. Our granddaughter finishes her isolation today, we’ve made tentative plans for a garden bbq on Friday, hoping it stays dry. Lovely pictures Ash, hope the blossom doesn’t all blow off and Harrigran that they can sort out your son’s medication and release him soon.
For those with garden visits, wrap up warm. Hoping everyone has at least a glimpse of a ? or a spot of ?.

Marydoll Mon 05-Apr-21 08:35:53

Baubles, the garden centre is at Cardwell Bay, just outside of Gourock, past the Cloch lighthouse.
Dollie loved it because they also had fish, an aviary (? my worst phobia), rabbits etc. Along with a restaurant, a gift shop, Edinburgh Woollen Mill outlet and overlooking the Tail o' the Bank, with views of Dunoon, it was a lovely day out.

We then used to drive to Nardini's in Largs for a pensioners' fish tea, an Italian ice cream and a wander round the shops. Happy days!

Jaxjacky Mon 05-Apr-21 08:41:50

Welcome oldudders we’ve driven through Le Mans a few times on our way to Caen, good to hear from you. Not much longer hopefully until you and Ash can reunite, it must be tough. Have a lovely day.

grannysyb Mon 05-Apr-21 08:44:30

Good morning all from a very chilly Teddington, such a contrast to yesterday! We went to the allotment, bees very active, I weeded the strawberries and netted the gooseberries as they are just coming into flower. Had a nice chat with DS in the evening, he was enjoying his day off and had walked round the city walls, he said the daffodils were out, its always a beautiful sight in York. Keep warm everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 05-Apr-21 08:47:20

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where we have a dusting of snow and it is aye freezing.
DGD's birthday today and she is delighted to see snow. Luckily she had a small party on Sunny Saturday which was mainly an easter egg hunt in the garden.

Indeed it is nice to see you at least virtually united Ashcombe and olddudders.

Marydoll I know I'm an old cynic but I think garden centres thrive on the fact that plants have to be regularly replaced. They are great places though. I don't think I will go just yet, or the hairdresser until the crowds subside.
The hairgrips rather suit me grin don't they???

The painter is due in a few minutes. He will know what a clarty besom I am when he has a closer look at the room he is doing up. I'll leave the hoover nearby and make myself scarce.

Hoping everyone here has a great day and I am very glad that Harrigan's DS is comfortable.

Gingster Mon 05-Apr-21 08:47:28

Good morning and it’s very grey here in Essex, but unlike GG and Sar we have no wind. Strange as I’m only a few miles from you either way. I expect it will come. ?.
What a lovely day yesterday turned out to be unexpectedly. ?.

Today we have been asked to lunch at DS1’s. What a shame the weather won’t be so good. Never mind we will still go and enjoy their company for a couple of hours. Warm clothes and a patio heater will help.

DS2 picked up their new puppy yesterday and sent a video of the little girls’ reaction when he arrived in an Easter basket. They had no idea he was coming and their little faces were a treat. I hope they had a peaceful night with him. ?

Ash those pics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Scentia what a lovely quilt. Your GS will love it , especially made for him by his devoted Nanna ❤️

Sorry to hear Urms is taking a break. I always look forward to your posts, telling us of your time in Malaga, ladies who wine, your elderly neighbour, your step father and visits with a tot of whiskey, which books you are reading and your larder downstairs. I feel as if I really know you and you are a good and kind friend. Please don’t stay away too long. ?. I’m sure we will all miss you.

I’m glad your SIL was friendly yesterday Marydoll and pleased to see you. It’s horrid when you never know what to expect with people. I’m surprised she was a teacher - I hope she wasn’t like that with her pupils. ??

Have a lovely Easter Monday, everyone and hoping poorly grans are feeling just a little bit better. ?

brook2704 Mon 05-Apr-21 08:49:27

Welcome Olddudders I feel like I know you already! Hopefully not too long until you and Ashcombe can get together again

Lins1066 Mon 05-Apr-21 08:53:28

Good morning Mick and all, much cooler here on the South Welsh coast, typical Bank Holiday weather. It was so warm yesterday in the garden out of the wind.
Hope everyone will have a good day. Hope to see Urmston back before too long.
Stay safe.

kittylester Mon 05-Apr-21 08:55:26

Its snowing in my bit of North Leicestershire!

Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 08:57:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Mon 05-Apr-21 08:57:53

Good Morning, Mick and everyone from a very sunny Cumbrian coast. The sun is showing up every speck of dust so it will be a housework morning as usual. The washing machine is already working away.
Yesterday's ultrasound seemed not to discover anything of note, I shall wait to see what the doc suggests next. My sister thinks it's stress. I don't.
I'd forgotten that lovely little poem, Ashcombe. And another set of photos from your beautiful coast to enjoy. I visited Torquay once, decades ago, and still remember the amazing blue green of the sea, a colour it never is up here.
Also, welcome to your DH, I'm hoping the end is in sight for your separation , Olddudders.
That mention of Ely Cathedral recalled an amusing memory for me, Dwmxwg. A long time ago, my late DH and I went to Ely for a wedding. At the reception afterwards, a most delightful champagne flowed freely. Glass after glass made its way down my throat, I suspect most of a bottle if not all! Then we thought to view the Cathedral. We took that tour to the roof....it's a long long way up all those steps. When we finally emerged onto the roof, I had a pain in my chest and seriously thought I was having a heart attack . I stretched myself out on a roof light for some time till I recovered. Not a heart attack but too much champagne!
I'm relatively new here but I'm sorry Urmstongran is taking a rest, I do like reading her posts and shall miss them.
I hope everyone has the best day possible with lots of lovely sun to help you along .

Pittcity Mon 05-Apr-21 08:57:58

A little bit of snow in the air in North Essex now❄️

Susan56 Mon 05-Apr-21 09:04:12

Welcome olddudders??Hopefully not too long until you and Ash are reunited??

Grandmajean Mon 05-Apr-21 09:13:22

Happy Easter Monday to all from sunny but windy Cheshire. Had Easter egg hunt for two of the GC ( and their mum and dad ) in garden and local streets yesterday. Lunch with them all too. Quite warm in the sunshine so couldn't really have asked for more.

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Apr-21 09:14:02

Good morning all. -1° in Polmont and blue skies once more. I don't think I'll see snow but it's blooming cold! Harrigran I hope your husband's health is sorted out soon. Olddudders welcome to the morning chat. Scentia that is a gorgeous quilt.
Yesterday I delivered Easter Sunday flowers to various family members and then fed ds and his girlfriend later on. Dd and dgs came to visit and I was so glad to see dsil as he continues to be unwell and I didn't think he would want to come. So I had a lovely Easter Sunday. I have the debris to clear up as I left it last night which I'm regretting this morning.
Today I will be gently pottering and being lazy in between. No babysitting duties as dd is on holiday but I'll have him back tomorrow. Have a good day all

Grandmajean Mon 05-Apr-21 09:14:40

Love that poem Ashcombe

dragonfly46 Mon 05-Apr-21 09:20:11

Welcome Oldudders good to meet you.

As kitty says snowing here!