Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Thu 15-Apr-21 06:08:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and looks like the start of a nice day with the cold air as well here in Brackley.
Today, I will catch the bus to Bicester later , due to restricted timings because of the pandemic, and have a coffee and maybe a pie with it outside the bakery shop/cafe .
Then do a general shop in the town , before heading home .
Take Care,
Mick

NanKate Thu 15-Apr-21 19:45:21

Thanks Big Time for all your kind comments. ?????????????????????????????

LauraNorder Thu 15-Apr-21 14:30:50

Cherry, what an awful time you’ve had. Poor you having to put up with a very disturbed neighbour. Hope that doesn’t happen often.
Hope you manage a restful day today and a good nights sleep tonight.
Back to my fence painting, came in for a drink, Orlin has just shouted ‘are you back on Gransnet, I thought you were finishing that fence today’
‘No I’m not’ I lied ? better go.

hulahoop Thu 15-Apr-21 14:00:58

What a awful time you have been having cherryhope you get some quiet time now .Happy birthday*gm*??that's good news nankate.Hope all goes well with consultant grandmajet take care everyone

Nannagarra Thu 15-Apr-21 13:48:08

Sorry you’ve had to endure this Cherry and hope you feel better today.

EllanVannin Thu 15-Apr-21 12:55:52

Taichinan looking at that luscious food has made my stomach rumble {grin] ( nothing new) it looks delicious.

All the lovely pics today---those 3 little lambs, what a joy and memories of my Rocky Muse the most faithful and loyal dog I ever knew.

Cherry what a palava from the neighbour. It would send me crackers. Hope today is a better one.

Great excitement with the other neighbours and their " plants ". Good gracious, right under your nose. I remember when a neighbour from the adjoining road used to go past my gate and the aroma from him used to knock me cross-eyed. That family are no longer around. Children in the family too sad

brook2704 Thu 15-Apr-21 12:37:50

Lovely to hear from you Cherry but sorry you’ve had such a bad time recently. Hopefully things will improve a bit now - please look after yourself as we’ve missed you. What an awful neighbour though
Good news that all went well yesterday NanKate time to relax now and more good news with all your results Ellan take care
A brave decision grandmajet but the right one I’m sure.. you’ll soon be well on the road to recovery..

EllanVannin Thu 15-Apr-21 11:48:32

Good Morning All x. Happy Birthday Grandmattie x flowers

Fabulous sunshine again, I just lay there listening to the birds and watching the rising sun first thing, but because I had a blood-test this morning I showered and breakfasted and wanted to get organised before I started a post.

Anyway, job done and my INR has come down 10 points from last week after the adjustment of warfarin so that'll do me. Next one is in 2 weeks time. I decided to ask what my annual blood-test threw up in January. The only blip is my sugar levels as they remain impaired but looking on the bright side no worse than a year ago or before that, so that's fine by me also.

Even the kidney function has righted itself after being diagnosed with CKD some years ago.? Thyroid fine and a cholesterol at 4.4.Full blood count is slightly above the norm but that's no big deal either. All in all and thankfully a well functioning system except that nobody can understand the A/Fib that I've got grin I remain a mystery.

Washing's on the go and I've had to keep an eye on a quite bulky bedspread that wouldn't fit in my old machine but has thankfully been alright in this new one so I've just thrown it over the whirligig and pegged here and there so it's blowing nicely.

I'll get this finished yet, even had the 11's's in between. It's all go.
Many of you have been on the go too with appointments/ procedures and general days out which all adds to the adjustments of normality and don't blame any of you for making the most of these next few months as we never know the minute if it all comes to a halt again.

Hope all goes well for everyone and the day is a good one. Thought of Urmston this morning and hope all's well there.Also to our other "missing links" xx
Take care everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 15-Apr-21 11:31:10

Taichinan what lovely photos of your winter barbecue!
Sounds like your neighbour needs sectioned CherryCezzy, that's dreadful having to put up with that behaviour. Sorry you've had such a hard time of it.

dustyangel Thu 15-Apr-21 11:30:59

My goodness Cherry, I’m so glad that you are alright, I hope you can just relax and get back to better health now.flowers

Susan56 Thu 15-Apr-21 11:24:53

Cherry, it’s so good to hear from you.Sorry you have been so unwell but relieved you had a seizure free day yesterday so are hopefully on the road to recovery??Lots of rest for you now.x?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 15-Apr-21 11:20:35

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate. I'm much later posting this morning - started an hour ago, the my Sisyter phoned, had to hurriedly excuse myself from her as my Sainsburies shop arrived. It arrived with my DH, DD and dog returning from a walk. In my order was a tiger loaf - couldn't resist slicing it and we all had a buttered slice - delicious!!
Had such a busy day yesterday - we took the car for a spin which ended at the Great Yorkshire Showground for me to have my 2nd vac. Then bought some sarnies from Sainsburies which we ate in the car, then went and did some shopping! Had a church zoom meeting in the evening.
Happy birthday GrandMattie - everyone so much younger than me!! smile
Nankate so glad your procedure banished your worries. Grandmajet glad you have made a decision, that will be a relief for you.
Marydoll I believe Prestwick's high street won an award a few year's ago. Was there 2 year's ago, there was a super shop opposite the Broadway, hope it's still there!!
Take care folks have a good day.

CherryCezzy Thu 15-Apr-21 11:18:39

Good morning everyone from the Gower. There's not a single cloud in the sky here today and only the merest waft of a breeze, bit brr though.

? short or long version of what's been going on at Cherry Cove?
1. In the early part of last week (just before and after the last time I posted) my neighbour with dissociative disorder completely lost control. For around 48 hours! Not for a moment did she let up. She ranted and raved, she screamed and shouted, she swore and laughed sarcastically. Not just any laugh either but repeatedly the same one. I'm sure most, if not all of us, know the Woody Woodpecker laugh from the Loony Tunes cartoons, that was the one she used. Sounds like a caricature, especially given the cartoon the cartoon series doesn't it, but I kid you not.
2. As a consequence of above neither I nor my WP managed to get much sleep.
3. When I don't get sufficient sleep and/or I'm stressed, and I had a double whammy, I end up having seizures.
4. I had seizures. Prolonged, nasty, exhausting ones. They really hit me hard. I went on to have several a day.
5. The GP practice nurse visited a few times to take obs and I've had enough sedating medication to tranquilize a horse in the last few days.
6. I've eaten and slept. Hardly anything else in between, except being showered and dressed by my WP.
7. I didn't have any seizures yesterday. Yippee !! At last ?.
8. I still feel exhausted but I may actually get out of bed properly today.

I'm really sorry everyone but I haven't been able to keep up with your posts properly so I hope everyone of you is okay. I did try yesterday evening to read each day's postings but there was rather a lot for this foggy brain to handle. I did however notice that I have been sent a number of well wishes. Thank you Susan, Gelisajams, hollysteers, Lins, Litterpicker, Grandmafrench, Auntieflo and Marydoll. These mean a lot to me and have perked me up a bit, ? to you all.

I have noticed that lovely cake today and can see that it's your birthday grandMattie. Have a wonderful birthday ?? ?.

I'm glad your procedure went well NanKate.

I hope I can post tomorrow but if I don't it's probably just due to residual fogginess.

Take care everyone and be kind to yourselves ❤️

dustyangel Thu 15-Apr-21 11:13:41

Goodness, what a lot can happen when I check out for what seems like only five minutes.
It’s turned into a cloudy dull day after pouring with rain all night. Grandmafrench do you ever get rain in your sunny spot in France? smile

I felt absolutely exhausted yesterday but went food shopping with DH as he’s liable to substitute the wrong item if he can’t get something particular I wanted. Of course we bumped into a friend who we haven’t seen since she was quite unwell herself. I think I’ll have to get in touch later for cutting her off when she wanted to settle in for a long chat.

Lovely blue skies in the photographs today and my good Muse isn’t Mya a beautiful dog.
I hope to hear more of the dastardly doings in Surrey too.

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 15-Apr-21 11:03:56

Very happy birthday from a sunny North Hampshire, Grandmattie, to you and your granddaughter. My 44 year old daughter shares it with you. Just where did those years go?

At least I shall look kempt for a pub garden lunch today as I’ve just had my haircut, catching up with the news was almost as good as the cut itself.

Welcome news too from Nankate, I hope you feel better soon. Good choice Grandmajet, though it must have been a tough decision.

Be kind to yourselves ???

Party4 Thu 15-Apr-21 11:03:06

Morning all from a bright but chilly West Yorks.As promised builders here prompt this morn and we are a hive of activity.The GCs are so excited at the scaffolding,skip etc which have appeared and have promised to call after school to look at progress of our new roof.
Nankate thrilled to hear your good news.
Marydoll do you ever just sit down?your enthusiasm to find jobs puts me to shame.
It is so lovely hearing of activities and meet ups,now we can.
Hairdressers tomorrow think I had better go to my usual length in stages as it has grown so long and I feel it may be little drastic all at once.
Take care all.

Grandmabatty Thu 15-Apr-21 11:00:27

What a lovely day for you Taichinan. I've just returned from the garden centre and I'm puggled. A good Scottish word for exhausted. I rather overestimated my strength and now have the conundrum of an extremely large pot and 100 litres of compost in the boot of the car. I'm hoping dsil can manhandle them out as I can't woman handle them! Washing is out and bread rising.

Nannagarra Thu 15-Apr-21 10:53:58

Really good news Kate. Things can only get better now.
Applaud your brave decision jet. Surgeon clearly thinks you’re well enough to have the op and that you’ll make a full recovery leading to many years of benefits. If I see another post box topper I’ll display it here to keep up your spirits!

LauraNorder Thu 15-Apr-21 10:37:20

Taichinan, sounds as though you had a wonderful day, made me smile just reading about it.
Hope the haircut perks you up Auntieflo, maybe with discussing with your GP upping the meds if the accidental double dose eased the pain.
Now I really must get out there with my paintbrush.

LauraNorder Thu 15-Apr-21 10:30:50

The flamingo will have to fight off the seagulls for that honour Grandmajet.

Auntieflo Thu 15-Apr-21 10:27:39

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Yay, I have a haircut booked for this afternoon, so will hopefully look less witchy later.
And, I have been offered my 2nd Covid vaccination early tomorrow morning.
Mid morning I have a dental appointment, for a temp filling, then a visit from a friend to catch up on chat.
We didn't get to the garden centre yesterday, but DH did walk to our surgery and put in my request for repeat prescriptions, and I finally finished my cardigan. Sewing on buttons and tidying up the loose ends.
I feel good this morning, hardly any pain, but that nay be because I discovered that I had taken double my dose of tablets last night! ?. Anyway, I am still here, and functioning.
Belated Happy Birthday to Grandmattie. The cake looked too beautiful to eat.
Good news NanKate, easy does it now.
Marydoll, I also steam cleaned the hard floors, downstairs, while DH was out yesterday. I hope you didn't overdo things.
Time to get the washing machine on, it is sunny and there is bedding to be washed.
Have a good day one and all.

Taichinan Thu 15-Apr-21 10:25:30

Good morning one and all from a gloriously sunny Angus coast. Happy Birthday Grandmattie - I've had nearly seven years now of being 73, and really it's not old at all! So glad you enjoyed your early celebration yesterday.
Well, yesterday was the long-awaited Day of the Winter Barbecue, and what a day it was! After all that freezing miserable weather we have had lately, yesterday dawned full of blue skies, sunshine and promise of warmth, and it didn't disappoint. Such a lovely time was had as we hunted for Easter eggs (for the teens-who-are-still-only-5-inside), barbecued, sausage sizzled, marshmallow toasted, chatted, bantered and laughed. 15-year-old DGD had baked a lemon meringue pie and an orange cheesecake which were perfect too. Everyone did an amazing job of clearing up and then it was off to the beach in the early evening for a stroll and more chat and laughter before they all piled back in their car and set off for home. An absolute joy of a day!
This is my second attempt at a post this morning as I lost the first while trying to change the photos I'd picked. Grrrr! So I shall have to leave you now without reading your posts - a pleasure reserved for later. I hope you all have the best day you can, with an abundance of ☀️????

dragonfly46 Thu 15-Apr-21 10:22:05

Sorry missed your post GrandmaJet. A very brave decision but as you say your surgeon would not bother if he didn't see any benefit. In my treatment I have always done what was recommended in the hope that they know better! I hope all goes well today.

grandmajet Thu 15-Apr-21 10:21:38

Lovely photos ginny and muse. I like the postbox top too, can’t remember who posted it, sorry.
Laura, I hope a random flamingo doesn’t perch on your fence before it’s dried!

Litterpicker Thu 15-Apr-21 10:20:56

Good morning from sunny West Sussex. When we got to the allotment yesterday it was lovely and warm in the sun. I hope it is the same today as we are going to garden centre with DD1. I will layer up anyway.

Happy birthday to GrandMattie ?.

Glad to hear NanKate has the all clear.

What a lovely compliment from your new priest Marydoll.

I must brush my teeth and go or will be in trouble with DD ?. Have a good day all. Thinking of those missing ?.

muse Thu 15-Apr-21 10:07:35

Good Morning from sunny chilly Cornwall. No working/gardening clothes on yet hmm. Have to make a delivery to a farm friend. MrM has made a new part for a tractor attachment.
I've read the first few but I'll be back later to catch up on all news.
I feel well refresh mentally after the coast walk yesterday. Mya enjoyed the new smells too.

Dwmxwg Let us know more. Exciting.
Happy birthday? Mattie. ?