Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Mon 19-Apr-21 06:06:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry here in Brackley , but we still have that cold chill in the air.
Today , a quiet day , stay in do some housework , have some lunch and watch cycling on TV this afternoon.
Thinking back 12 months , all sport was suspended, such as the cycling fixtures of the main races , until later in the year .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmafrench Mon 19-Apr-21 14:57:51

Good afternoon everyone.

Beyond late, fabulous day, had an appointment then went to the beach for sea air and a wander!

still I do approve of The Pink ?Flamingo Club (and even more so of its lovely members). However, it does sound very ‘Miami’ - so needs a ?on the sign as well, don’t you think?

Glad you got your poem, Gingster. Have a great haircut, Shaggy Cherryx Nice idea, a ‘Like’ button, mamaa but Management have said many times it’s not possible. My only fear is that it might encourage people into just pressing a button here and there and I so like the way that our Morning club members will sit down and talk about their days now. I’d be really sad to see only a couple of lines from everyone now that we’ve got to know each other so well. You can see that I double, treble, quadruple Blossoming’ s sentiment about this lovely thread.

Take care dear Grammingoes and keep very safe. ?‍♀️???

glammagran Mon 19-Apr-21 14:20:51

A few babies appear to be due around now. My DD2’s second one is due today. No sign yet, DGD was a day early.

Gave the conservatory a thorough clean this morning. It’s really hot in our sun trap of a garden.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 19-Apr-21 14:09:37

Yes, Auntie Flo the documentary was on iplayer, BBC 4. I haven't watched television for a couple of decades though bizarrely read all the television reviews..My enforced rest made me reach out. My children keep recommending Netflix etc The documentary is wonderful and I thought life affirming. It spoke to me but you may wish to know it deals (amongst other things) with two deaths. I do not want anyone to be distressed. x

dragonfly46 Mon 19-Apr-21 13:58:05

Sorry AuntieFlo I meant BBC 4

dragonfly46 Mon 19-Apr-21 13:57:40

AuntiFlo the documentary was on Channel 4 so maybe on Iplayer. It was filmed at St Bernard's Abbey just up the road from us.

B9exchange Mon 19-Apr-21 12:30:21

Morning all from a glorious Hertfordshire. Have done three loads of washing and DH is washing the cars, the sunshine gives us energy somehow.

Wishing everyone a successful day, as free from worries as possible.

Nothing on the expected baby front, going to be a long two weeks (well 13 days now until they will take action!)

Stilllearning Mon 19-Apr-21 12:07:28

Grandmafrench should have attributed title to you!

Auntieflo Mon 19-Apr-21 12:01:08

Hi Dogsmakemesmile, Could you please let us know where you found that documentary?
It sounds like a good watch, and something I would enjoy.
Many thanks

CherryCezzy Mon 19-Apr-21 11:54:18

Good morning everyone, even though it is a little late to say.
I slept for Wales blush and only woke up half hour ago ?.That was without additional medication I have to take when I have seizures so I'm definitely embarrassed this morning!

I'm having my hair cut this afternoon ?. It's not a moment too soon as I look like a shaggy dog story ?. I really need to ring the dentist too as I've had jaw pain and toothache over the weekend. I'm reluctant to do it, I don't want to be told I need an extraction. I'm not sure if I do but if recent dental issues and treatment are anything to go by .... ? such a pessimist ?

I hope everyone is okay, ? for anyone who is not. Take care everyone, I hope you all find a smile ? today and can keep it for at least a while ❤️

Stilllearning Mon 19-Apr-21 11:41:09

Just enjoyed catching up with everyone and want to agree with Blossoming, this thread and all your news, good and bad, the feeling of being part of a group, feeling happy for people’s good news and being genuinely concerned for those who are struggling, has been a huge help over the past year.
As somebody said ‘God bless us one and all’!, members of the Pink Flamingo Club ?

mamaa Mon 19-Apr-21 11:22:00

Morning all, Misty first thing here in Suffolk but looking to become a nice day. We may even have a stroll later to the local pub which has a big garden- shandy in the sunshine perhaps?

I do wish there was a way we could respond to posts ie a ‘like’ button or similar. I know this has been asked for numerous times before and not sure if GNHQ ever responded. If not could they do so now please? smile

muse Mon 19-Apr-21 11:15:47

Finally - I got up to no frost here in Cornwall. Not warm enough to sit out just yet but soon. Off to household dump and then a short walk on a beach with Mya. She's not fond of these walks as she prefers a wood (more smells) and won't chase a ball. Her turn tomorrow. Trying not to worry about dear son who hasn't rung yet. The weekend call didn't happen.

Beauregard I've walked around Carsington many times. Born and lived in Matlock for nearly 50 years. The Knockerdown pub was one of my favourites.
Marydoll. Pleased DH is feeling much better. Well done with the 2nd batter mix. I do hope it was DH that mopped up the 1st lot. Have a restful empty day.
Urms. Good luck with your genius.
Aligran. How lovely to have so many calls in one day. I do miss chatting to people. I usually get texts which leave me with so many questions to ask.
Stilllearning I joined in too with a very loud NO. Made MrM jump as I was watching on my laptop with headphones on. MrM was watching something else. He's desperate to become an LoD fan but with not having seen it before, he's working he way through all the series.
Auntieflo Do hope you find some magic energy and get out to the garden centre. I'll wave my wand smile
Welcome Shelflife. Enjoy your walk. I think I'll get some washing on too.
Finally - I will join in with LauraOrder and Blossoming with the message to all newcomers.

Good luck with all appointments and hope many of you get out today.
?

LauraNorder Mon 19-Apr-21 10:49:25

Blossoming

Popping back to say welcome to all our new posters. To all who don’t post because they think their day is not interesting, it is to me! I love reading the minutiae of everyone’s lives, it makes you all seem closer and it’s like chatting with friends. To all who don’t post because they’re sad, we’re not just here for the good times flowers

Quote isn’t often used on the good morning thread but I wanted to repeat what Blossoming said as it’s so very true.

Grandmajean Mon 19-Apr-21 10:48:30

What a friendly postBlossoming Glad you popped back to say those cheering words.

Gingster Mon 19-Apr-21 10:46:08

Just finished Hamnet and I, along with the others in my book group really enjoyed it.?

Blossoming Mon 19-Apr-21 10:38:08

Popping back to say welcome to all our new posters. To all who don’t post because they think their day is not interesting, it is to me! I love reading the minutiae of everyone’s lives, it makes you all seem closer and it’s like chatting with friends. To all who don’t post because they’re sad, we’re not just here for the good times flowers

Purplepixie Mon 19-Apr-21 10:16:31

Good morning from a very sunny East Midlands. It’s my grand daughters 11th birthday today and I just want to hug her. No big parties but her mam will be making her a favourite tea. Gardening for me until I have a walk and then fish fingers and chips for tea. Home made chips.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 19-Apr-21 10:05:40

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a good day. Not doing much but watched an incredible documentary yesterday. Brotherhood - The Inner Life of Monks. Beautifully filmed and awe inspiring. I am grateful someone made it.

Shelflife Mon 19-Apr-21 09:56:09

Good morning everyone, my first post here . Interesting to learn what everyone is up to today. Sunny here in Cheshire , like many people I will be out for a walk very soon. Have washing on the line , love the smell of fresh air when they are dry. Still waiting for my second jab DH has had his !!!! Enjoy the day everyone , wherever you are . Be happy and stay safe .

Auntieflo Mon 19-Apr-21 09:53:15

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Yesterday our SIL came to collect a TENS machine that may help DD with her bad back. Unfortunately the sticky pads were not really useable, Boots don't sell them anymore, so it is probably a job for the big river company.
As SIL was leaving our neighbours popped over to chat with their gorgeous 18 month old daughter. She is tiny, but so beautiful with her shiny mop of curls. Then a quick chat with another neighbour and her twins, and the dog! Lovely.
I managed to pull up a big patch of that very sticky Goose Grass, and a few dandelions, and that was my lot for the day.
As my knitting is finished, I have decided to crochet a wavy edge to a couple of small throws with the left over wool. If I don't like it, I can easily take it off again.
Oh how I envy the thought of a long wander round the shops, but don't think I could , but I may try a garden centre for a wee trip.
Actually this week is the first time for ages that we have no medical appointments , lovely, but I need some magic energy to take advantage of a Marydoll empty , and no, I won't be making any batter. ?
Washing has now finished and is ready to go and blow in the sunshine, and our Robin is being noisy.
To all the lovely GN's who are tired, poorly or grieving, sending love and best wishes for a happy day.

Greyduster Mon 19-Apr-21 09:44:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a suny South Yorkshire. I'm late this morning - DH let me sleep in. I was dreaming that DH was dressed as Spider-Man and the kitchen ceiling was falling down!?
We had lunch in DDs garden yesterday with one of son in law's superb currys. He always says he uses my recipe but they taste much better than mine. GS came a very respectable third in his race at the first athletics meeting of the season. I would have given him a well done pat on the head, but I couldn't reach!
DH is getting his hair cut this morning and then we are going out into the Peak District (at last!) for a walk around one of the reservoirs. It's been a long time coming!
Have a good day folks.

Taichinan Mon 19-Apr-21 09:42:08

Good morning everyone from a very still Angus coast. The cloud seems to be winning in its battle with the sun, but there's blue sky out over the sea so I have my fingers crossed.
There's nothing to report from here, just the same old same old after the excitements of last week.
I haven't read the posts yet, although I did notice as I scrolled down the picture of your lovely garden Nannyjan, just asking for you to come out and sit with your morning coffee.
Have the best day you can everyone, wherever you are ☀️???

EkwaNimitee Mon 19-Apr-21 09:40:43

Good morning, Mick and All from a warm and sunny Carlisle.
I am still busy getting order out of chaos but hope to hit the online shops later. My first job this morning was testing my washing machine which has been unused for 6 months. The site people kindly connected it the other day so I loaded it, switched it on, heard it filling and went out to the garage. On my return, a dead washing machine with no power. It had tripped the circuit, presumably when it started to rotate. I put the switch back a few minutes ago and now my mental fingers are crossed!
Marydoll, I'm sorry for your frustrations. You do push the boundaries, which is the right spirit but.....Take care.
And a good day I hope for you and everyone with problems.

GrannyOwl5 Mon 19-Apr-21 09:38:23

Morning everyone from north Kent where it is a bit cloudy; enjoyed the sunshine yesterday whilst sitting in the garden reading.

Second jab yesterday and so far no real side effects. Didn’t have to wait at the clinic so was in and out.

Not much planned for today. Having the house alarm serviced at the moment; remember that they were the last people in the house before the last lockdown. So the interior alarm will be making my ears sing any minute.

Hope you all have a good day

Blossoming Mon 19-Apr-21 09:37:31

Good morning from sunny Lancashire. The met office have predicted a heatwave here this week. I have had a much better night, it makes such a difference. I have a hiatal hernia, diagnosed during my cancer scans a couple of years ago. When it flares up it is agony. I’m frightened of it becoming strangulated when the pain is so severe. The list of things I should and shouldn’t do is increasing! I had a very quiet day yesterday, sitting upright in a straight backed chair, eating very little, sipping water and sewing. I finished my flamingo face mask. I love the fabric, I think it has a William Morris look. It’s a beautiful teal coloured background that doesn’t really show on the photo of the finished article. I took another close up photo that shows it better. I still have some fabric left so will think of something else to make, perhaps a little pouch to store my sewing clips.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.