Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(119 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-May-21 06:12:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright start here in Brackley this morning.
Apart from being 73 today , I am OK .
Today, will be a quiet day , and will have a fry up breakfast for a change.
Yesterdays trip was OK ,with odd showers , which spoilt drinking and eating out in a cafe , as like most customers headed for tables with umbrellas , the flea market closed earlier , as most stall holders do not have gazebos , otherwise a nice trip on buses.
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Sun 02-May-21 20:37:13

dragonfly replied to my p.m. too Marydoll saying she hopes to be back at home with her medications tonight, hopefully in time for LoD.
?

Jaxjacky Sun 02-May-21 19:45:13

Thanks Marydoll and welcome greenmossgiel to this lovely thread.

Doodle Sun 02-May-21 19:22:22

Thanks Marydoll

Blossoming Sun 02-May-21 19:04:42

Good evening greenmossgiel ?

greenmossgiel Sun 02-May-21 18:55:38

Good evening from Fife. ☺️! I haven’t joined in with the Good Morning thread up to now, but will have a wee catch up every day in the future. Although I’ve been here from the outset, I rarely post, and joining in Good Morning will help me get up to date with posters’ news. ☺️

Grandmabatty Sun 02-May-21 18:50:55

I'm so glad you posted Grandmafrench but I feel guilty that you were pushed into it. It's always nice to hear from you. A Welsh hug is as lovely as a Scottish one,an Irish one or an English one!

Susan56 Sun 02-May-21 18:31:55

Thank you for the update Mary.

Marydoll Sun 02-May-21 15:01:19

I emailed Dragonfly, not expecting a response, but she did respond! Noisy in hospital and as it's Sunday, no doctors! Hoping to hear better news tomorrow. ?

Jamie Sun 02-May-21 14:50:00

'Happy Birthday' to Mick and Gwen. Hope you both have a lovely day.
Sorry to hear that you are in hospital Dragonfly and hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself Gagagran
Welcome to the new additions.

Grandmafrench Sun 02-May-21 14:29:50

Hello lovely people - how nice that you noticed my absence. Yes, I did say that I wanted to catch up on lots of stuff - mainly correspondence - which I never do whilst reading all the posts each day and wondering and worrying about everyone. What a comfort we've all been to each other during these dreadful times (well, you all have to me!). I owe everyone I can think of, in real life, letters and phone calls and mails and I was beginning to feel quite ashamed. I'm catching up on things though, and hope to be back in another week. Thank you so much for being concerned, but I am doubly jabbed now and, fingers crossed, all is well.

Times are a'changing in the UK and I'm thrilled to hear how everyone is outing and abouting and catching up with their families and friends.

As I've been tempted to respond following GrandMattie's kind mail today, I must say that I hope you are having a grand Birthday, Mick - Grandpa of this thread! Many happy returns to you, and hope you enjoyed your full English for a birthday treat. Happy Birthday too, to you Gwen. Many congratulations to the happy Grans who now have Baby Olive and Baby Charlie to play with and worry about !

Worried about you dragonfly. It must have been a shock. Hopefully it is stress/anxiety/exhaustion rather than anything to really fret about, and fingers crossed that you will be home again shortly with good advice and relief from such unpleasant symptoms! Please don't stop taking good care of yourself.

Jax, could you kindly tell soop that I'm taking a break, but it doesn't stop me thinking about her and worrying.

Urms I'll tell you something really "witchy". At lunchtime today, I looked at DH's phone screen and saw there was a photograph of something in my handwriting. He had been looking up a recipe for Musakhan, a lovely chicken dish which we've had before and which came from Grandmattie. I was about to ask him if that was a supper plan and his 'phone pinged. (All our devices are linked). I immediately saw it was a message from Grandmattie..........whom I now feel may have our house wired for sound and vision. ?‍? Spooky, or what?

Cherry Lins GrandmaB Big cwtches all round. Sorry, you're stuck with a Welsh hug, Batty, but hope you're not too fussy.

Take care everyone. I've just been naughty and broken my Gransnet fast, but I do intend to be back in a week or so.
Hugs from France where it's very sunny, 21 degs, but chilly in the shade.
Stay Safe....???‍♀️?

brook2704 Sun 02-May-21 13:49:20

Happy Birthday Gwen enjoy your special day ! ????

CherryCezzy Sun 02-May-21 13:32:02

Really sorry to hear that you are in hospital dragonfly. I hope they manage to get to the root of the matter, that it's easily treatable and you are home very soon?.
Gagagran ???????

Blossoming Sun 02-May-21 12:55:11

NannyJan I have a Nokia 105 that I take out walking. Under £20, available from the usual online stores. Calls and texts.
I struggle with smartphones due to visual impairments and shaky hand. Also it isn’t valuable if I do manage to drop it anywhere. It’s also shocking pink so easy to spot!:

ginny Sun 02-May-21 12:32:55

Just popped back to say Happy Birthday to the ones I missed earlier and thinking of those who are poorly.
B9exchange pleased to hear that Olive is doing well and you have had a cuddle.
We have had our first cuddle with Charlie and we’re given instructions on how to hold him by his very excited ‘big’ brother.
Off for a cuppa with friends this afternoon.

Blossoming Sun 02-May-21 12:17:40

Lins1066

Didn't GrandmaFrench say she was taking a break from GN for a while to catch up with correspondence??
Welcome grannytilly2511.

Yes Lins1066 indeed she did, I was just about to say the same.

B9exchange Sun 02-May-21 12:06:47

Happy Birthday Mick, and everyone else celebrating today. Dragonfly, Gagagran, Harri thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy your visit to Charlie today ginny . I was able to have two lovely long cuddles with Olive yesterday. The top of her head is a bit of a mess encrusted with blood, but I am sure she will heal quickly. I took her big brother a car transporter to play with, which he loved, but disaster this morning, he has lost the cab part, and his world has fallen apart, hope it turns up soon!

Enjoy your holiday Ash, wishing everyone a good Bank Holiday Sunday

Grandmabatty Sun 02-May-21 12:00:49

Thanks for the update Cherry and*Lins*. I must have missed that.

Doodle Sun 02-May-21 11:57:42

Dragonfly so sorry to hear you’re in hospital. Hope you are ok and they find out what’s wrong and you’re back home soon.
Cwtch for you Cherry ?
Marydoll hope you recover from your vaccination soon.
Have a good bank holiday all

Callistemon Sun 02-May-21 11:45:05

Happy birthday Michael

I hope the sun's shining where you are, have a good day!
?

CherryCezzy Sun 02-May-21 11:41:03

A good late morning from sunny Gower.

Snowed under in Cherry Cove ?. A bit worn out to be honest.
Congratulations ginny and the rest of your family on the arrival of Charlie into the family ?
Happy Birthday Mick ??? and Gwenisgreat ???
For those of you wondering Grandmafrench did say that she was taking a break (no idea whether it's short or long) to catch up with correspondence.

Short & sweet ? from me today. Have the best Sunday you can everyone and find a ? along the way ❤️

Lins1066 Sun 02-May-21 11:40:21

Didn't GrandmaFrench say she was taking a break from GN for a while to catch up with correspondence??
Welcome grannytilly2511.

grandMattie Sun 02-May-21 11:20:41

I've just PMed Grandmafrench and will let you know what comes from that.

Jaxjacky Sun 02-May-21 11:13:26

Grandmabatty Urmstongran not in soops kitchen either.

Urmstongran Sun 02-May-21 11:01:44

Snap! I was just this minute thinking exactly the same thing Grandmabatty.
?
Witchy!

dustyangel Sun 02-May-21 11:01:10

Sorry to see that you are not well “gagagran”.I hope you feel better soon.