Gransnet forums

Chat

Does anyone know what Archie Harrison Mountbatten-windsor like

(226 Posts)
Dottynan Fri 07-May-21 13:31:46

Or even who he looks like. I love seeing little babies grow into toddlers and seeing their resemblance to relatives emerge but so far all we know is what Archies hand looks like and the back of his head.

Anniebach Sat 08-May-21 22:14:00

It must be for his grandfather, we read posts on this from grandparents estranged from their grandchildren , so upsetting
to read of their pain.

I think your emoji was cruel suziewoozie , we have forum members who could be so hurt if they see it.,

suziewoozie Sat 08-May-21 20:56:30

Anniebach

He hasn’t seen his maternal grandfather

How awful ?

Anniebach Sat 08-May-21 20:55:40

He hasn’t seen his maternal grandfather

Callistemon Sat 08-May-21 20:38:11

It’s a shame he hasn’t seen either of his granddad’s in person ( how do we know they haven’t had video calls prior to Oprah anyway) but we have been in lockdown.

But he has seen Charles before they moved to America and possibly more often than at the christening. He may well have seen more of him but for Covid and his mother being pregnant.

25Avalon Sat 08-May-21 18:05:17

How do you know Archie’s name isn’t down for Eton? So many assumptions. I dislike the way M&H behave but it’s up to them how they raise him. It’s a shame he hasn’t seen either of his granddad’s in person ( how do we know they haven’t had video calls prior to Oprah anyway) but we have been in lockdown.

FannyCornforth Sat 08-May-21 17:59:22

'Oh dear'

Is that the 'Mornington Crescent' of this type of thread?
I was wondering what the denouement would be...

suziewoozie Sat 08-May-21 17:10:12

Barmeyoldbat

Its the rest of Harrys family that I feel sorry for, apparently Charles and the Queen have only seen him twice and only have about 2 or 3 photos of him.

Oh dear

Barmeyoldbat Sat 08-May-21 17:08:42

Its the rest of Harrys family that I feel sorry for, apparently Charles and the Queen have only seen him twice and only have about 2 or 3 photos of him.

suziewoozie Sat 08-May-21 17:04:39

lemongrove

Fancy a cup of tea brew and cupcake anyone??

Nope

suziewoozie Sat 08-May-21 17:04:19

Purplepixie

It's their baby and their private life. I can understand them keeping him out of the spotlight. Why do you want to see him? Let them get on with their lives, for goodness sake. Back off and leave them alone. I would hate other people to be constantly wanting to look at my children.

They ( the anti MM team) want the Sussexes to carry on publishing photos, writing books, appearing on TV because otherwise what would fill page after page on GN? The very very worst thing that could happen would be for them to disappear from view.

lemongrove Sat 08-May-21 17:03:53

Fancy a cup of tea brew and cupcake anyone??

suziewoozie Sat 08-May-21 16:58:36

lemongrove

It doesn’t matter what happened, it was a deleted post and time to stop going on about it and denigrating other posters.
Since you were the one harping on suziew I addressed my post to you.

Course you did ?

Purplepixie Sat 08-May-21 16:50:17

It's their baby and their private life. I can understand them keeping him out of the spotlight. Why do you want to see him? Let them get on with their lives, for goodness sake. Back off and leave them alone. I would hate other people to be constantly wanting to look at my children.

merlotgran Sat 08-May-21 16:34:38

Lucca

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our <a target="_blank" rel="noopener" href="https://www.gransnet.com/info/netiquette">Talk Guidelines.</a>

Not acceptable at all but reproducing a post you have reported so you can goad other posters after it has been deleted is just as unacceptable.

lemongrove Sat 08-May-21 16:32:33

Were broken, and the post deleted! Give it a rest, jeez!

MayBee70 Sat 08-May-21 16:32:31

I used to take photos of the backs of my children, usually on the beach looking out to sea so I quite liked that picture of Archie (which I’ve only just seen ).

Alegrias1 Sat 08-May-21 16:30:12

The post was outstandingly offensive about a child's disability and his mother's reaction to it. If you didn't see it, you have no idea. Read back - see who was moved to comment on it.

So popping up here to say that everyone has a right to comment on things doesn't cut it any more. There are standards, and those standards were broken.

Lucca Sat 08-May-21 16:26:35

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

merlotgran Sat 08-May-21 16:25:50

I didn’t see it, Lucca

Long overdue appointment with the hairdresser

Lucca Sat 08-May-21 16:22:21

merlotgran

Lucca

Come on Lemongrove you’re better than that. For the hundredth time I don’t think the Sussexes can do no wrong at all.
But on GN surely we should stand up for what we believe in? I believe in calling out people for vicious comments.

The post has been deleted. Give it a rest.

Ok. But Merlot did you think the post was acceptable ?

Then I will go.

lemongrove Sat 08-May-21 16:18:46

Amen to that ??merlot

merlotgran Sat 08-May-21 16:17:50

Lucca

Come on Lemongrove you’re better than that. For the hundredth time I don’t think the Sussexes can do no wrong at all.
But on GN surely we should stand up for what we believe in? I believe in calling out people for vicious comments.

The post has been deleted. Give it a rest.

trisher Sat 08-May-21 16:17:00

Ellianne

I'm finding it hard to move on from what has just happened, but trisher
I did wonder if schooling was one of the things which made Meghan want to leave. George and Charlotte will I suppose be sent to an exclusive boarding school at some point. Maybe Meghan doesn't like the upper class English attitude that your children must be got rid of and wants Archie to attend a decent day school.
Didn't Meghan herself attend a private school and say she benefitted enormously from it? So in a sense exclusive.
Also, some children are "got rid of" to boarding schools because their parents are in the armed services for example.

What on earth has children of armed forces personnel being sent to boarding schools have to do with anything? (although I realise this is a nice little tax free perk and their parents aren't necessarily serving abroad-that's another thread.)
I assume Archie would have been sent to Eton like his dad and uncle which would mean putting his name down whilst he was still very small.

Lucca Sat 08-May-21 16:15:31

lemongrove Sat 08-May-21 16:13:08

Posters have a right to express their opinions on Prince Harry and Meghan and what they do, or don’t do, just as they can on anyone else.There are always attempts to close down these threads by causing spats, from those who think the Sussex’s can do no wrong.Usually those who dislike the RF and are republicans.I see myself as a republican but think the Sussex’s are a strange couple and it’s a good thing they have left these shores, instead of causing upset after upset here.