Gransnet forums

Chat

How upset would you be if someone said you were boring!

(207 Posts)
Peasblossom Sun 09-May-21 11:31:27

Would you take it on the chin and try to change? I’m not thinking about the shy person who doesn’t have much to say but the “broken record scenario’.
No matter how the conversation starts.

My MIL just couldn’t stop talking about her big operation. Even thirty years after it happened it would come into every conversation.

A teacher friend will always end up reminiscing about her time in the classroom.

And I posted a little while ago about the friend who can’t talk about anything except her grandchild. It doesn’t matter what the starting sentence is, it seems to connect back to GC.

You notice it on Gransnet posts too.

Do people know they’re doing it!
Would you say anything or just grit your teeth?
And what would you do if you found out that was you?

M0nica Sun 16-May-21 11:28:29

DS says DGC (14, 11) are already as excited about coming to visit us as they are when coming down to us at Christmas.

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 16-May-21 12:21:26

Light hearted, does anyone know where this quote is from? Clue, depends on what you watched in the early eighties?

Queen...”The king is bored shitless with interesting things....and so am I.”

King...” What I want is to meet someone who is totally and utterly mind numbingly boring, but I suppose I never will.”

Eloethan Sun 16-May-21 12:53:23

I looked it up - The Young Ones.

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 16-May-21 13:42:58

Yes, everything can be looked up these days.

Alexa Sun 16-May-21 18:18:05

Aveline, I am so glad to know there are such facilitators and I hope there will be more in future so that a certain sort of loneliness will be addressed.It must take a high degree of skill and natural ability to do this job.

Aveline Mon 17-May-21 09:19:58

Alexa- I'm a natural blether but am also professionally qualified. I did this sort of thing as part of my work and was happy to continue it in retirement. Sadly my return to it will be deferred due to forthcoming hip replacement.