Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday

(79 Posts)
harrigran Mon 14-Jun-21 06:32:37

Is everyone having a lie in ?

muse Mon 14-Jun-21 08:01:35

Good morning harrigran. I’m almost an early bird.

Excellent progress Ali.

Terrible night’s sleep here as well Urm due to a difficult sensitive task I must deal with ASAP. It weighs heavy on my mind.

Work team have just arrived so I’ll report back in later this morning. Excellent weather for digging trenches?

Scentia Mon 14-Jun-21 08:02:03

I gave it a bit of time, but they haven’t appeared so here are the pictures Bluebelle

Greyduster Mon 14-Jun-21 08:02:47

Good morning, all GNs, and Mick, wherever he is. Another hot sticky night here followed by another hot sticky day, it seems. I have shopping to do today, and a present to buy for my neighbour’s new baby. If we can bear to be outside we may go for a short walk. I envy you your paddle, Corner! Have a good day, folks.

Anniebach Mon 14-Jun-21 08:04:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Mon 14-Jun-21 08:06:22

Good morning from the sunny Scottish Borders where I'll have to buy milk before I can have a cuppa or breakfast. The shop opens at 8am so I've done my housework put on the washing machine watered the indoor plants and looked at the diary for the day. Chiropractor this am. Then tackle paperwork. I am still struggling with the driving licence application. Tea with a pal at local cafe, then resume my walking. No danger of sunstroke here though I have dug out my summer togs.

Not a good start to your holiday Ash
Is the view truly as beautiful as that Brook? You are lucky.

The pottery festival was wonderful yesterday although I resisted buying anything. I am supposed to be reducing possessions clutter
Hoping everyone has a good day. How is the new hip Alizarin?

baubles Mon 14-Jun-21 08:08:50

Thanks Harrigran. Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s overcast again. We aren’t getting the glorious weather here.

One of the DGDs is stuck at home again as her class is self isolating. Five positive cases so far, it’s so depressing.

I lined my crochet bag yesterday, just got to get handles now although I don’t know if I’ll actually use it, DH called it a hippy bag, it would have been very ‘me’ a few decades ago.

DDog has been so quiet since her op on Friday, she looks unhappy but has her vet check this morning so will find out if she’s recovering normally.

Glad your friend is ok Ash but what a fright for you.

Lovely photos Dwm and brook.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

monk08 Mon 14-Jun-21 08:10:03

What a frightening experience for both you and your friend Ash so glad she was ok enjoy the rest of your break.
Alizarin you are doing so well enjoy your outing.
Would love to be by that loch Brook do so enjoy a walk by water always find it relaxing.

Grandmabatty Mon 14-Jun-21 08:11:23

Muse I saw that you were in the kitchen late last night. ? I hope you can resolve the situation.

BlueSapphire Mon 14-Jun-21 08:11:29

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny ? Northampton.

Did nothing yesterday apart from reading in the garden and cooking dinner. Probably the same again today, except I have got the first load of washing on. Finished my book yesterday, that's two in five days. It's too hot to do anything but sit and read.

Another one here who thinks the scales must be lying! I lost 12lbs last summer, and now have put 1 and a half stone back on! Couldn't do my sundress up yesterday....

Wishing all a pleasant summer's day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 14-Jun-21 08:13:11

Morning all

Glorious day here in SE Essex, I am off to the gym this morning then this afternoon we are visiting our friends in their garden.

Ash what a palaver, thank goodness your friend is ok.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Stilllearning Mon 14-Jun-21 08:14:34

Morning from S Lanarkshire which has a lovely blue sky.
Glad your friend is okay after fright you had Ashcombe, you must be both exhausted and so relieved.

Beautiful photos Brook

I got home safely last night from my lovely weekend by the sea but my journey home confirmed my decision to restrict my driving to known routes, which feels like a big deal.

Farmer son in law is coming this morning to dig out and take away some soil etc to facilitate the garden room installation which starts next Monday, I think DGD2 might come too, she is having a day off school because all the exams haven’t finished yet.

Hope your recovery continues apace Alizarin, a visit to a pavement cafe in the sun sounds just the job.

Wishing everyone a good day in the sunshine ??

Gingster Mon 14-Jun-21 08:18:24

Good morning all and it’s very warm here in the Suffolk coast.
Yesterday was pleasant with a cooling breeze, so had a walk along the beach with little pooch darting in and out of the sea after her ball.

I want to clean windows today but think it might be too warm for such an energetic activity ?. We’ve got DS1 and family coming for the weekend, so there are jobs to be done. Bedding to be washed, bedrooms to be sorted . Oh dear!

I’m off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Father. I’ll go on my own as DH isn’t interested and my neighbour who usually comes along isn’t happy regarding Covid. My SIL used to come with me too, but she sadly died in February. So just little old me. ?.

Take care in these heat and have a lovely day. ?

Pittcity Mon 14-Jun-21 08:25:19

Good morning from sunny Colchester.

Yep, I had a lie in. When you're retired every day is a weekend!!
No plans except laundry and shopping today. We will just enjoy the sunshine and wait for Boris this evening.

Love and hugs to all xx

dragonfly46 Mon 14-Jun-21 08:28:18

Good morning it seems a little cooler here in Leicestershire.

What a fright you both had Ashcombe enjoy your extra day.

Alizarin you are doing so well. My daughter who was only 40 when she had her hip done made much slower progress.

Need to plant up some plants today as I had a lot of compost delivered.

Greetings to Mick hope you get back soon and the we see Ellan and other missing posters.

Alygran Mon 14-Jun-21 08:29:13

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s cloudy so far but sunshine is forecast for later.
I’m going to power wash the pavement outside my house this morning. Neighbours had gas connected 3 weeks ago and the pavement was dug up but left in a filthy state when it was repaired. It annoys me every time I go in or out and I can see the mess from the front window.
Ash sorry to hear about your friend. It must have been pretty scary.
Mary glad you have had a break and a change of scene.
Alizarin you are doing amazingly well.
Hope everyone has a good day. Take care and stay safe.

Alizarin Mon 14-Jun-21 08:30:24

Grammaretto, the new hip is great, thanks. First outing today. Pavement seats too low so have come inside. So lovely to be back in the real world.

Susan56 Mon 14-Jun-21 08:32:09

Good morning from Shropshire where it looks like it is going to be a scorcher.

Hope you’re back with us soon Mick.

We looked after the children yesterday afternoon while DD and SIL went out to celebrate their anniversary.They arrived home with a Thai takeaway for us all?

The little family are off to Center Parcs today so a quiet week for us with just one day of childcare for B.

A morning of catching up on all the boring admin and house hold jobs followed hopefully by an afternoon reading.

Ash, glad your friend is ok and hope you have recovered from the shock of the situation.

Mary, what a shame your DD and SIL had a cloud cast over their honeymoon with car problems.

Thinking of Cherry and hoping kitty has better news of her brother.

Thoughts of all unwell,recuperating or anxious.

Have a good day all??

B9exchange Mon 14-Jun-21 08:34:30

Goodness Ash you don't go for the quiet life, do you! ? Thank goodness all was well in the end. Amslerin you must have been so worried, disappearing dogs are almost as bad as disappearing grandchildren, as I know from experience! That's two happy outcomes today, let's hope for more.

Car to the garage for an expensive service tomorrow, we are hoping to tour Scotland in July, so has to be up to it. Just heard that DD and DGC are planning to join us for Sunday lunch next weekend, joining the nine I was already cooking for, with gluten free, dairy free and vegetarians to cook for I had better start cooking now, help!

Lins1066 Mon 14-Jun-21 08:46:06

Good morning from a sunny S Welsh coast, all I can hear is birdsong from my kitchen.
Domestic goddess day today, laundry etc
Mr Lins is on a jaunt, a train journey along the Heart of Wales Line to Shrewsbury, back tomorrow, one of his birthday presents and something he has wanted to do for ages.
Enjoy your afternoon Urms.
Glad your little dog was rescued unharmed amsererlin.
kitty every good wish for your brother's recovery.
Have a pleasant day everyone and love to Cherry.

Stilllearning Mon 14-Jun-21 08:52:40

How could I have forgotten! Good luck Scotland?⚽️?!

Grandmajean Mon 14-Jun-21 08:54:48

Morning from Cheshire. Just had a quick glance at posts and am very sorry to hear about your friend , Ash - glad nothing too serious.
Grandson ( 9) ill with sore throat and temp - test going to PO this morning and son and family isolating until results. Fingers crossed not Covid.

EkwaNimitee Mon 14-Jun-21 08:55:17

Good morning, harrigran and everyone, and to Mick as we gather from Marydoll that you can read posts.
It's cloud and a bit of sun here in Carlisle and has rained overnight, probably because I watered the parched new back lawn yesterday. I also planted one of my new shrubs and could have planted the rest but knew I'd pay for it later with a thumpy ticker. Spent the rest of the afternoon reading the views of the Dalai Lama and very interesting and thought-provoking he was too.
You and your friend did have an alarming experience, Ashcombe and thankfully, the outcome was not what you both must have feared.
To think that you can already get out and about after a big operation, Alizarin! It's impressive, and reassuring to anyone facing the same and fearing they'll be laid up for ages.
I'm off for a morning of housework and the pile of filing staring at me plus I shall continue scanning in DH's photos to the computer.The other week, I finally nerved myself to have a cull of the large box of envelopes stuffed with prints, the many albums are another matter and may have to be inherited by the DSs!
Have the best possible day everyone.

Litterpicker Mon 14-Jun-21 09:05:57

Good morning from sunny West Sussex.

We are off to Scotland today and I am taking a holiday from social media including GN!

Alizarin it’s good to hear how well you are doing with your new hip. Mick I hope you resolve your ICT problems soon.

Hope there will be news soon from missing posters and that whatever is keeping them away will be resolved.

Well done England ??????? and ‘good luck’ Scotland ??????? and ???????

Gagagran Mon 14-Jun-21 09:29:12

Morning all. I am taking a break from GN too Litterpicker. There is a lot going on here and I am a bit overwhelmed with everything. Need a breather.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 14-Jun-21 09:33:59

Good morning from a breezy and cool Scottish Borders. The garden had a good drench overnight and I am sure it was appreciated. Just finished physio. Have books, baby clothes and birthday gifts to buy. Admin to do and the usual decluttering. Ordered another couple of Seasalt dresses which should arrive soon. Sending best wishes to all those with tribulations. Take care everyone.