Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(91 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 21-Jun-21 06:06:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and cloudy here in Brackley this morning, today I will do an early shop and get flowers for the cemetery ,and get the bus and replace the ones there.
Plus do other little bits , before returning home , and having a relaxing day.
Take care,
Mick

Nannagarra Mon 21-Jun-21 09:00:26

Greetings from overcast Soddum Hall in Sefton.
Mild weather yesterday was perfect for time spent with chicks, chicklets and granddogs on the coast. What a lovely touch for your DH dwm - mega chuffworthy iykwim.
Can those who have rain please send some to me? If possible could there be an interval between 2 and 4 for the school pick up? #don’twantmuchdoI?
Loving all the photos posted - they’re so varied and full of interest.
Blossoming, I’m delighted all went well for you on Saturday. Very uplifting news. Fingers crossed Dollie feels better soon. Scentia - I think I’ll pass on climbing that hill. Your pomegranate trees are magnificent grandmafrench. How wonderful to have had tulip trees in your garden in Normandy. I associate them with landscaped parks and gardens where I’ve seen them in the past. ?for your DH. Happy birthday Sar53 ???
Hope missing posters are okay and that those with problems can find a smile. Enjoy your day everyone. x

Beechnut Mon 21-Jun-21 09:00:27

Lovely pigeons Alizarin, realistic with no mess.

Sar53 Mon 21-Jun-21 09:08:59

Thank you for all your birthday wishes.
I've just heard from DD1 that eldest granddaughter is unwell and going for a Covid test at 10. She is keeping all three girls off school today. I sincerely hope that it comes back negative.

Nannagarra Mon 21-Jun-21 09:21:16

I’ll second Beechnut, Alizarin. They’re adorable.? ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 21-Jun-21 09:21:41

Morning all

Have been away for the weekend, bittersweet. DH’s brother is receiving end of life care but he managed to have a few words with us, another trip round the M25 in the coming days/week I think.

I have problems with the internet, keeps dropping out will endeavour to catch up with your posts.

Happy Birthday Sar53 ????

Grandmafrench Mon 21-Jun-21 09:24:15

You’re right, Nannagarra, Tulip trees are huge but we did have a small park - landscaped by Yul Brynner’s gardener many years before we bought the place. We loved it and we’re mad about trees, but knew all the work would get the better of us eventually, so moved South whilst we could still walk upright and we stopped being garden slaves. The most exciting trees now in our small plot are the Pomegranates and a Japanese Medlar which gives us the most delicious summer fruit (tasting like peach crossed with mango.)
Hope you get lots of non-annoying rain, in the hours of darkness only!

Nannagarra Mon 21-Jun-21 09:27:44

Grandmafrench

You’re right, Nannagarra, Tulip trees are huge but we did have a small park - landscaped by Yul Brynner’s gardener many years before we bought the place. We loved it and we’re mad about trees, but knew all the work would get the better of us eventually, so moved South whilst we could still walk upright and we stopped being garden slaves. The most exciting trees now in our small plot are the Pomegranates and a Japanese Medlar which gives us the most delicious summer fruit (tasting like peach crossed with mango.)
Hope you get lots of non-annoying rain, in the hours of darkness only!

Wow! I’m seriously impressed.

Stilllearning Mon 21-Jun-21 09:30:35

Morning from an overcast S Lanarkshire and happy birthday Sar. Hope you get good news about Dollie Marydoll, you’ll be anxious until then.

Work has started this morning on my long awaited garden room! I can hardly believe it’s actually happening, my fingers are firmly crossed that everything goes well. The chap that’s doing it has a good name so it should be okay, but I still feel a bit uptight.

Delighted for you Blossoming, life opens up again.

My weekly childminding this afternoon, we’re practising telling the time today, with a watch promised when proficient, we’ll see!

Wishing everyone a good day ??

joyce6135 Mon 21-Jun-21 09:34:36

Morning all, well my poor bedding plants which took me ages to pot and care for now look bedraggled from the rain and need some sunshine to cheer them up, but I don’t think we are getting any today. Another quiet day for me, but wish you all a pleasant and happy one.

Grandmafrench Mon 21-Jun-21 09:42:01

Don’t be. It’s not the wildly expensive UK. You can still find and buy enough space to house yourself and a small village for 2/6d here in France ?- it’s so vast and often so underpopulated - particularly away from the coast. Everyone we knew was blown away by our particular bit of paradise, but not one of them would have accepted it as a gift - because of the work! Such happy times for us, though.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 21-Jun-21 09:47:29

Good morning from a grey and cool Scottish Borders. Sunshine promised later. Wearing shoes for first time in weeks. Very odd. So appreciative of ankles now. And the rest of me. Have made soup as temperature has dipped. Bathroom to tackle next. Reading and radio to occupy me. Have a peaceful day and I hope all those with worries fine them resolved. x

B9exchange Mon 21-Jun-21 09:53:56

Happy Summer Solstice to everyone, not quite the blue skies and sunshine.

Happy Birthday Sar, beautiful tulip tree Ash shame you can't smell it. Hope those worrying about DGC find all is well.

We have had a frantically busy weekend, and naturally feeling a little sad now the house is so quiet. We did manage to get the whole family into a group photo, it was the first time the Scottish contingent and the terrified contingent had met Olive, who looked enchanting in a pink smocked dress, and was happy to be handed round to all and sundry. The roast beef dinner went off okay with all the dietary options, and DS1 even had second helpings of my experimental dairy and gluten free trifle!

DDs 6 month old puppy left a trail of wee across the hall carpet, and demolished the carefully tended bedding plants we had just put in, I had pleaded for him only to be let into the garden on a lead, but DD said he would 'go mental' if not allowed to race around and let off energy. There is a field 100 yards away where he could have done that, but what do I know? ? Anyway DH got his whole family picture, so he enjoyed Father's Day.

And another bonus. DDiL couldn't stop herself having a cuddle with Olive, the cousins were so delighted to see each other that they all raced inside before she could stop them, and she even came inside herself for the joint birthday cake for two of them. I had stuck the candles into a strip of polystyrene so I could lift them off the cake to stop the birthday girls blowing over the cake, but with DDiL now comfortably seated on the sofa, I think she is beginning to lose a bit of the fear and would not have minded. The girls are doing twice weekly tests and the rest of us are double vaccinated after all.

Have as lovely a day as you can everyone.

Susan56 Mon 21-Jun-21 10:14:46

Thank you for all your supportive posts about my dentist visit.The sun is shining so I am trying to focus on my afternoon in Shrewsbury rather than what goes before?

GrannyGravy?

Sar, I really hope your DGD gets a negative test.

Love the pigeons???

Feelingmyage55 Mon 21-Jun-21 10:31:34

Good morning from the north of Scotland where the weather cannot decide what to do.
It barely got dark last night and the evening was lovely after a day of phone calls to DH but no visits still. The AC are too far away to come for a weekend. Never mind we are running on “better safe than sorry”.
The tennis yesterday afternoon was very enjoyable and so I am going to be busy and organised this week so that I can enjoy as much of Wimbledon as possible.
sar. A very happy birthday.
Alizarin. I am impressed by your rate of recovery.
To everyone ?

GrannySomerset Mon 21-Jun-21 10:32:32

Awaiting a visit by the first of two care companies we are talking to in order to get some support for DH, who of course feels this is really not necessary. DD, here for the weekend with DSiL, has given him a firm talking to but not sure what if anything has penetrated.

Anyway, grey and windy morning so no hope of getting the washing dried outside so will have to pollute the planet with the tumble drier. I try not to use it from May to October but if the weather won’t play ball there is little choice. A very first world problem.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 21-Jun-21 10:34:30

Marydoll. My children got croup when they had tonsillitis. They needed an antibiotic. Lots of nights were spent steaming (not boozing!) to help calm it. Hope dollie is better soon.

Grandmajean Mon 21-Jun-21 10:35:20

Really enjoyed reading your postB9exchange Sounds like my family ! "Don't stress, Mum. It will all be fine" Wish I had a pound for each time havoc was created after a remark like that !
grin

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 10:41:13

Good morning all from a dull grey Lancashire. No rain forecast here, I am hoping to get out for a walk after lunch. I really do need to ‘use it or lose it’. Well done on the hill climb Scentia, I love the villages on that part of the coast. Happy Birthday Sar

I’m feeling like a condemned woman reprieved this morning. I may soon be free of hospital appointments, other than regular blood tests, but I will not need any clinic appointments if my bloods are OK. I do my own blood pressure readings nowadays.

Happy Monday all ?

LauraNorder Mon 21-Jun-21 10:42:28

Very late good morning Mick and all from overcast and breezy Anglesey.
Very happy birthday Sar, lots of cake and sparkle.
Enjoy your travels Brook, good to wander in places new.
Enjoy your trip to London Maw, a little bit of Shakespeare to warm the heart. Indeed la as they say in Liverpool, one time city of culture.
I thought you’d been at the Sherry a bit early Baubles when I read your opener ‘Good Muck morning*, made me giggle.
Your pigeons are much nicer than the real thing Alizarin, our house was full of them and their deposits when we bought it.
How lovely for your grandchildren to see the seal pup and it’s mum Gingster.
Hope Grandpafrench is okay to swim Grandmafrench, otherwise you’ll have the whole pool to yourself and may find yourself solely responsible for the cleaning and maintenance.
Have courage Susan, face that fear head on and enjoy your jaunt to Shrewsbury.
Sorry that both you and Dolly are under the weather Marydoll, hope both feel better soon.
Your mention of crumpets Monk brought EV to mind for me too. Hope she comes back soon.
Sending positive vibes to all who are unwell, worried about others or simply feeling low.
Hoping Cherry is okay and missing Pantglas.
As always thoughts with Auntieflo and Grandmajet
Keep looking for that ? everyone.

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 10:47:45

dwm what a beautiful Father’s Day gesture.

baubles Mon 21-Jun-21 10:48:18

Haha Laura! That’ll teach me to preview blush.

B9exchange Mon 21-Jun-21 10:49:22

Thank you Grandmajean I am reminded of the comment 'age and experience will always triumph youth and enthusiasm'!

aggie Mon 21-Jun-21 11:02:17

Good Morning , it’s very breezy and sunny here but no rain , the plants got a watering last night , but it takes a good shower to reall lift things
Today would have been Mums birthday , born 1910 !

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 11:18:33

That sounds like an amazing, if exhausting, day BJ9. Well done on meeting all the various needs and creating a safe, happy environment for all flowers

muse Mon 21-Jun-21 11:19:02

Good morning from a grey damp Cornwall. Think this will be our only wet day for at least a week. Plants look a little battered but most will rally round. It’s much needed.
I’m planning a relaxing day too Mick

Ashcombe. Great name for a class ?. Wonder if I move off the sofa, I’ll lose it?. Think I’ll stay on it a little longer. Planning to cut some material out for a top. Sewing Bee has inspired me.
Happy birthday ? Sar
Sounds like DH loves his swimming Grandmafrench. Hope he gets a? to continue.
Ali. Pidgeons are brilliant. Clever you.
Scentia. So much energy you have. Fantastic. Enjoy your walk.
Wonder if that will be Rosie’s bed from now on Maw?

I can’t fathom out why my knee is twinging again today. Pain free yesterday and I did nothing to aggravate it.

? ??to everyone. I hope worries and pains are manageable for all.