Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(91 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 21-Jun-21 06:06:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and cloudy here in Brackley this morning, today I will do an early shop and get flowers for the cemetery ,and get the bus and replace the ones there.
Plus do other little bits , before returning home , and having a relaxing day.
Take care,
Mick

Purplepixie Mon 21-Jun-21 11:19:33

Good morning from a grey and cold East Midlands. Where has the sun gone?

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 11:26:09

I don’t know Purplepixie but it isn’t here ?

Auntieflo Mon 21-Jun-21 11:28:28

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all. I have been absent from this thread for ages, but have a bit of energy today, so thought I would pop in and say Hi to all my lovely friends.
I have just come back from having a blood test, in readiness for tomorrow's new Chemo cycle. Perhaps it's the blood letting that has given me a boost? ?

Thankfully the awful pain I had from a ruptured Bakers Cyst, has gone, as has almost all of the extensive bruising.

I have now received my Blue Badge, which will make parking easier if necessary, and on advice from the GP etc, we are having a key safe fitted by Age UK. I am still awaiting a visit from the OT. By their records, I was no 11 on the list.

During the lovely hot weather the other week, I spent a lot of time in the garden, in a lovely sheltered spot, reading, knitting and snoozing. It was like being on holiday.
DH had been a trouper, and is slowly getting more confidence in the kitchen. And, we now have a cleaner every couple of weeks. She is brilliant and so thorough.
Marydoll, I do hope little Dollie has recovered from croup. I remember sitting in a steamy bathroom, running the hot taps, and reading to our daughter when she had croup. It is frightening though. Also that your unexpected 'bleed' was nothing serious.
I do read the posts most days, but forgive me if I am not uo to speed with all that's going on.
We have a peony tree in our back garden, and I am waiting for it to flower . The leaves are quite big, and it looks healthy, so fingers crossed it will perform some time soon.
To all who have had birthdays and/ or anniversaries, congratulations.
Also, to all those who I miss from recent posts, gentle hugs and best wishes. Cherry, and many others.

Have a good day one and all, and I will try to be more 'active'

monk08 Mon 21-Jun-21 11:35:52

Purplepixie my DH says our neighbour has had that many bonfires lately he's covered the sun up?

Doodle Mon 21-Jun-21 11:37:50

Marydoll hope little Dollie is ok and feeling better soon. My DS and his son both had croup. Not nice to hear children like that.

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 11:38:55

Nice to see you and good you’re feeling a bit more upbeat Auntieflo

Marydoll Mon 21-Jun-21 12:07:14

Popped up to see Dollie with a treat from the baker's and tonight's dinner, as they have had no sleep.

Just as I was leaving, (sadly, socially distanced on the door step,) the test came back negative, Dollie indeed has croup.
I knew it as soon as I heard her cough. Both my boys and I am still prone to it. I never thought I would be pleased to find Dollie has croup!

She couldn't wait to tell me who her new teacher is for next year, a good friend of mine, who has the most fabulous singing voice and is one of the best teachers I have ever met.
I feel more upbeat than I was previously, that's for certain! wink

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 12:12:11

Lovely news from Dollie. Glad it’s given your spirits a lift Marydoll smile

grandMattie Mon 21-Jun-21 12:38:03

Auntieflo, I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better; funnily enough I was wondering about you this morning! Glad Age UK, Blue badge, etc., have come up trumps.
Look aftr yourself! flowers

dustyangel Mon 21-Jun-21 12:49:09

Good morning all from a very gloomy Algarve. We’ve had sufficient rain to give all the weeds a whole new lease of life and I’m back to wearing polo shirts instead of my thinner very hot weather tops. The temperature is supposed to start rising again tomorrow.

Auntie Flo, I’m glad that you have your blue badge, from relatives I know how hard it is to get one and it will make life much easier for you. I’m glad that you feel a little better today. We a waiting in a tidy house for our occasional cleaner to come too. She is quite willing to tidy as well as clean but I know from experience that it can be very difficult to find things afterwards.

Hope things go well at the rheumatologist for your husband Grandmafrench. They seem to usually say that swimming is good but not the particular stroke that you prefer doing!

Happy Birthdat Sar I hope you have very happy day?.??

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Jun-21 12:49:50

Good news Auntieflo all round, pleased things are being done. x
And Marydoll good news for you too ?.

dustyangel Mon 21-Jun-21 12:53:29

Marydoll, I meant to extend my sympathy for your blood stained bedding. DH has psoriasis and thinner skin now and is also on blood thinners. Our house frequently looks as if murder has been done!

monk08 Mon 21-Jun-21 13:24:22

Good news about Dollie Marydoll now go and put your feet up with a☕.

BlueSapphire Mon 21-Jun-21 13:31:12

Ginny, it's a flamingo willow. I have one too.

ginny Mon 21-Jun-21 13:59:10

Thanks Blue Sapphire
We have had it in the garden for about 9 years and it gets better each year. Very pleased with it a several people told me that it wouldn’t grow well in that position.