Gransnet forums

Chat

How would you have reacted?

(56 Posts)
nadateturbe Tue 22-Jun-21 07:59:59

70th birthday. Husband smiling said There's another present in the kitchen. I walked in and there stood my son and partner whom I haven't seen for 3 years and my daughter whom I hadn't seen 18 months. Everything suddenly seemed unreal and I cried for a few minutes. Husband had to get me a drink. I was almost trembling. It was such a shock. I feel so stupid now for behaving like that. Why did I not just snile and say What a wonderful surprise!

nadateturbe Wed 23-Jun-21 07:17:10

Thanks again ladies.
I didn't know that about Cancerians FannyCornforth. Family is all important to me.

V3ra Wed 23-Jun-21 07:30:07

The best birthday present! ?
How thoughtful of them all to spring their surprise on you at home, where you could react to your heart's content and not feel embarrassed in public ?

Newatthis Wed 23-Jun-21 09:31:49

Because you are a month. Many of us haven’t seen our children in many many months, in my case 18 months, and I for sure will react exactly the same when I see mine. Have a wonderful 70th year.

Newatthis Wed 23-Jun-21 09:34:28

Meant to say ‘Mum’

Kalu Wed 23-Jun-21 09:48:36

It was indeed a wonderful surprise*nadateturbe*. Perfectly natural response. I have been known to cry for more than a few minutes when DD2 and SiL arrive from Australia.

Happy 70th birthday and many more returns. Well done to your lovely DH.