Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Thread the Second- Tiaras Optional! ?

(934 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

FannyCornforth Fri 09-Jul-21 09:12:05

Welcome to Thread II!

We companionably mused, gossiped and waffled about Royalty, and vaguely related things for 1000 posts!

Starting with names; and ending on them them…
and in between covered everything from Adam Faith to Scottish Country Dancing!

So, as before, God Bless this Ship and All who Sail in her! ??

LauraNorder Sat 10-Jul-21 21:59:48

I think eight grandchildren means we qualify for a tiara and matching earrings at the very least. We are supplying the taxpayers of the future after all. Where would the monarchy be without the taxpayer.

Callistemon Sat 10-Jul-21 22:06:37

On the one hand you are doing well - supporting the monarchy and ensuring all our pensions are paid by your efforts.
On the other hand, Prince Harry is very cross with you.

sodapop Sat 10-Jul-21 22:32:35

I'm sure that will keep you awake tonight LauraNorder knowing how you have upset Harry & Meghan grin

maddyone Sun 11-Jul-21 00:14:54

Well I have three children and four grandchildren, and it appears there will be no more grandchildren, and certainly no more children! Where do I come in the scheme of things? Do I get a tiara, earrings, or a cheque?

NotSpaghetti Sun 11-Jul-21 01:05:38

Please can my old "Friends of the Earth" friend have £500?
She and her husband deliberately had 0 children because of this issue.
They were ahead of their time, strong conservationists/recyclers even in the early/mid 70s.

It's a pity 0 children wasn't favoured over 2 for this prestigious award.

Lucca Sun 11-Jul-21 04:13:10

Did anybody actually read Alegrias explanation ? Pretty sure Harry didn’t ask for the award.

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Jul-21 05:35:38

'Morning everyone
I have 0 Children!!! I win! ?
I don't drive either, or go on aeroplanes...or eat meat...and I'm a stickler with my bin organisation...

This is looking very promising...

nanna8 Sun 11-Jul-21 06:31:54

I’m in the sin bin. Twelve grandchildren ,8 blood ones, 3 greats and 4 daughters. I drive, I am a carnivore, I fly and go on big boats (normally).I will have to put my tarnished tiara in the brotherhood bin I think. The boss of the house is a large Grey cat, more trouble than all of them put together.

Kim19 Sun 11-Jul-21 06:36:40

That's it then. As a direct result of this item (and a couple of other practicalities) there'll be no more children for me. I'd prefer a halo to a tiara, by the way.

Calendargirl Sun 11-Jul-21 07:29:50

Dare I suggest that stopping at 2 children just might have something to do with Meghan’s age? She is 40 next month, not old I know, but if she had been a few years younger, they might have thought about adding to their family.

As it is, they have two lovely children, a boy and a girl, and I know this decision to remain at two was made before Lili’s birth.

Maggiemaybe Sun 11-Jul-21 07:42:26

maddyone

Well I have three children and four grandchildren, and it appears there will be no more grandchildren, and certainly no more children! Where do I come in the scheme of things? Do I get a tiara, earrings, or a cheque?

Ah yes, they were my figures when I was told I’d certainly, definitely, absolutely, have no more grandchildren.

I now have 6.

lemsip Sun 11-Jul-21 08:07:32

harry and meghan pledged to have only two children in one of their many environment speeches.

www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-harry-pledges-he-and-meghan-will-have-only-two-children-out-of-concern-for-the-planet/

lets hope they don't have any little accidents.

Anniebach Sun 11-Jul-21 08:12:31

If they did have a little accident will they have to give the £500
back ?

Lucca Sun 11-Jul-21 08:19:29

The charity you mean ?

Mollygo Sun 11-Jul-21 08:24:19

Lucca, Yes the charity.

Callistemon Sun 11-Jul-21 10:08:37

Kim19

That's it then. As a direct result of this item (and a couple of other practicalities) there'll be no more children for me. I'd prefer a halo to a tiara, by the way.

???

Me neither.
If I do have more children, watch out for me in the news!

Callistemon Sun 11-Jul-21 10:11:01

As it is, they have two lovely children, a boy and a girl, and I know this decision to remain at two was made before Lili’s birth.

Aren't they lucky!
Being able to have the planned and planet-friendly two childre, one of each as well.

Not everyone is so lucky.

maddyone Sun 11-Jul-21 10:20:54

Maggiemaybe grin

Calendargirl Sun 11-Jul-21 10:29:46

Callistemon

^As it is, they have two lovely children, a boy and a girl, and I know this decision to remain at two was made before Lili’s birth.^

Aren't they lucky!
Being able to have the planned and planet-friendly two childre, one of each as well.

Not everyone is so lucky.

Yes Callistemon I agree entirely. I was emphasising that Harry had spoken about only having two children some time ago, before they knew they were fortunate enough to have a ‘pigeon pair’.

Still think that Meghan’s age played a part in their thinking, never mind saving the planet.

LauraNorder Sun 11-Jul-21 10:44:45

Does one require a special kind of toothbrush when cleaning a tiara, Orlin has just told me off for using his, says I’ll end up with bits of yesterday’s lunch between the diamonds and sapphires.

Blossoming Sun 11-Jul-21 10:52:08

I still want a tiara. I don’t have any children. I don’t drive, smoke, burn coal or have any single use plastic. I don’t mind having a recycled tiara.

Namsnanny Sun 11-Jul-21 12:02:22

Sorry but tiaras are a nono. Blood diamonds an' all.

Namsnanny Sun 11-Jul-21 12:03:56

You can have Mossinite if you like. (Not sure of spelling sorry.)

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Jul-21 12:11:28

Namsnanny not all diamonds are unethical
Funnily enough, Chelsy Davy (remember her?) has a company in South Africa which deals with ethical gems
I wrote on Royal Chat 1 that Chelsy seems to be living the life that Harry wanted.
And her dad is a billionaire. That’s bound to come in handy.

Calendargirl ‘pigeon pair’ - never heard of that before!
Do pigeons really do that, I wonder?

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Jul-21 12:14:43

What is everyone’s favourite gemstone?
I like fire opals, but you don’t see them very often