Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Thread the Second- Tiaras Optional! ?

(934 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

FannyCornforth Fri 09-Jul-21 09:12:05

Welcome to Thread II!

We companionably mused, gossiped and waffled about Royalty, and vaguely related things for 1000 posts!

Starting with names; and ending on them them…
and in between covered everything from Adam Faith to Scottish Country Dancing!

So, as before, God Bless this Ship and All who Sail in her! ??

Calendargirl Thu 23-Sep-21 22:15:46

Did anyone watch the documentary about the Duke of Edinburgh? His children, their spouses and the grandchildren spoke about him with such genuine love and affection.

I am sure he is greatly missed by them all.

maddyone Fri 24-Sep-21 08:03:19

The press constantly complained about him but I thought he seemed like good man. He certainly didn't suffer fools glacly. I know he was totally non PC but he said things in jest. He was an ice breaker.

Anniebach Fri 24-Sep-21 08:58:34

He was very much loved by his family

Calendargirl Thu 21-Oct-21 06:48:38

Hope the Queen is making the most of her few days rest. Although she is given much support, it must be very tiring attending functions, meeting and conversing with so many different people, to say nothing of having to get dressed up all the time, at the ripe old age of 95.

A lot is expected of her, and I’m sure she expects it of herself.

Lucca Thu 21-Oct-21 07:20:35

It’s amazing the different ways some people age isn’t it . Did anyone hear the lady recently on woman’s hour who was in the production team of the very first programme ? She is 104 and absolutely on the ball.
Sorry I digressed,

FannyCornforth Thu 21-Oct-21 08:00:37

Thank you Calendargirl and Lucca for reanimating this thread! I haven’t seen it for a long while

FannyCornforth Thu 21-Oct-21 08:02:33

Speaking of R4, I think that there’s an actress on The Archers who is of a great age.
Also have you seen Delua Smith recently? She looks amazing.
There must be something about TV cooks - Mary Berry, Prue Leith

FannyCornforth Thu 21-Oct-21 08:03:19

Calendar I agree. It must be exhausting. And quite boring