Gransnet forums

Chat

Stupidest T shirt logo ever !

(34 Posts)
Infinity2 Mon 19-Jul-21 15:39:34

I’ve just seen a moron ( sorry - young woman ) pass my house wearing a t shirt with the words ‘COCAINE AND CAVIAR ‘ on the front.
Is this a sign of the times ?
How about some suggestions -
Perhaps

CHAMPERS AND SYPHILIS or
BOLLY AND HEADLICE.

I think I remember when t shirts were invented (the Armed Forces wore them ) and the only logo you saw was on the telly if someone in prison had numbers on their back.
What do you think ?

Witzend Mon 19-Jul-21 19:06:19

eazybee

I hope I don't offend, but a friend wore one inherited from her child which said:
'Jesus loves you, but I'm his favourite.'

There was also the one:
'Please speak slowly; natural blonde.'

The ‘blonde’ one would certainly have riled a rather younger, natural blonde dd, who also had an hourglass figure.

I swear it was largely all the ‘blonde bimbo’ comments that prompted her to do an MA after her first degree.

CanadianGran Mon 19-Jul-21 19:07:46

I found out that Cocaine and Caviar is a name brand of clothing. Someone wore such a shirt to work and I thought it highly inappropriate, even if our office is casual.

I enjoy a clever t-shirt slogan, but don't tend to wear them myself.

'If you can read this, you're too close"

AmberSpyglass Mon 19-Jul-21 19:12:22

I don’t know what I’m missing - why does that make her a moron?

Infinity2 Mon 19-Jul-21 19:22:39

I think anyone who would buy into such a ridiculously named fashion brand would have to have the IQ of a flea. There’s nothing glamorous or amusing about cocaine use, as some of our poor Gransnetters on here can attest to. The cynicism and arrogance of the people who think up this crap is just staggering.
Bring back the crinoline or the bustle !

Infinity2 Mon 19-Jul-21 19:54:35

I’ve just looked the brand up on the internet, and there have also been some negative pieces in the British press about them glamourising recreational drugs.
They have some really lovely designs mostly with F* in the slogan somewhere.
I also see they’re using the word Gucci in one of their slogans as they’ve obviously never seen any legislation regarding brand infringement or negative association !

Apparently - DON’T ALL RUSH AT ONCE GRANSNETTERS - you can buy one of their hideous sweatshirts for the eye watering price of TEN POUNDS !

GillT57 Mon 19-Jul-21 20:02:57

I don't like slogan t shirts as they are funny ( maybe) once, but then the joke wears thin, but I did like one I saw someone wearing once which said :
Sex and drugs and sausage rolls

Going slightly off track, I am also a bit pah humbug about car stickers, but I did see one which made me laugh:

If you can read this, someone has stolen my caravan

goose1964 Tue 20-Jul-21 12:34:05

My favourite slogan is there are 2 types of people
1. Those who can extrapolate from missing data.

muffinthemoo Tue 20-Jul-21 12:37:17

I have a sweater that reads “sorry I’m late; I didn’t want to come”.

It was a gift from my parents and is worn frequently amongst those who know me but love me anyway!