Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(91 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 05-Aug-21 06:09:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry start here in brackley this morning , as yet no rain as forecast .
I am tempted to change the heading subject title to include the date and the day what are thoughts ?
Odd exceptions such as bank holidays .
Today , my usual short bus trip out later after watching the track cycling form Olympics .
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Thu 05-Aug-21 08:14:43

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Slept in this morning, woken by a text at 7.30. It was a reminder about my Morrisons delivery this morning.
DH's dental appointment was most successful and he returned with his new front teeth in situ. It makes such a difference, I wish the dentist had done this sooner but I guess covid got in the way of everything.
Last night I went shopping, first time since February last year, just a walk round my local Aldi but it felt good to be out.
DS messaged last night to say DIL was taking two days off from work and could they visit, it will be lovely to see GDs as well.
We had a short, sharp thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, saved me from watering the patio pots.
Enjoy your Thursday.

Nannytopsy Thu 05-Aug-21 08:14:51

Those who feed dried cat food please note there is a poorly advertised recall on varieties from Sainsbury’s and Pets at Home ( I think it’s them). A number (500 or so) cats have died and they think it’s the food. Check for the makes and varieties in today’s Guardian.

Nannytopsy Thu 05-Aug-21 08:17:16

Certain batches of Sainsbury’s hypoallergenic cat foods, Applaws and AVA (a Pets at Home brand) were recalled by their manufacturer, Fold Hill Foods, in mid-June, prompting an investigation by the RVC and the Food Standards Agency (FSA).

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Aug-21 08:18:23

Morning Mick and all

Sunny here in S E Essex, I am going shopping with DD and GC today. Nothing needed but we feel like a mooch.

Our eldest and wife are coming home from Kenya at the weekend, he has been promoted and the new position is in U.K. The two years have flown by, sad that due to Covid we only managed one visit.

Apologies for missing your birthday GrandmaFrench ???

Wishing Scentia a Happy Birthday tomorrow ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Aug-21 08:19:33

Thinking of Marydoll ???

Grandmabatty Thu 05-Aug-21 08:24:06

Good morning all. A bright morning in Polmont. 14° at the moment but forecast to rise and then all change tomorrow. A date on the thread sounds like a good idea Mick.
Yesterday was a restful one for me. I did move a bookcase from one end of the living room to another and I'm happy where it is at the moment. I visited mum and she was pleasant as we were talking about puddings and desserts she has made over the years. Food always cheers her up! So no hard hat was needed grandmafrench Other than that, I did a lot of a cross stitch.
Today will be pottering around. I think I'll make bread and it's mince and tatties for tea. Have a good day all.

Sar53 Thu 05-Aug-21 08:29:58

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea.
My throat infection appears to have spread to my sinuses so I am not a happy bunny.
Food shopping this morning and not much else planned for today.
Enjoy the sun and have a lovely Thursday xx

Marydoll Thu 05-Aug-21 08:35:33

Good morning all, thank you to those who have missed me posting. I have been quite unwell this week, both physically and emotionally. I had a reaction to my hospital treatment last week and it seems to have triggered a flare up in all my conditions. Life has become full of mountains to climb on a daily basis!

I have agonised for days about whether to say anything or not, some may think my post inappropriate, but I have to get this out of my system.
I have been posting on this thread daily, ( apart from the odd spell in hospital), for six years and have always felt welcome here.
However, recently I have become aware of an undercurrent and being frozen out by certain posters on GN. Unfortunately, it has triggered the long hidden Black Dog deep in my psyche. It has been very subtle and clever, but it's definitely happening. I'm very astute and perceptive and am not imagining it, others have noticed too.

We all want to be liked, don't we? ( However, I do know I irritate some people with my novellas and ramblings, ?). I know that I sound like a silly old fool, but I cannot change my sensitive nature. Those feelings have made it difficult for me to post, as I am aware that what I post is being scrutinised and noted.

I have always tried to treat people on GN as I would like to be treated myself and not be unkind, ( forthright perhaps, but not unkind). and I hope I have done that and am not guilty of upsetting anyone.

Sorry to drag this lovely thread down, but hopefully this will stop speculation about why I haven't posted recently.

I am blessed with having made some lovely, genuine and caring friends on GN, who have always supported me. ( Especially in the last few days) So thank you to all of you lovely people! ?

I won't be stopping posting, but the days of feeling unwell are becoming more frequent, so if I don't post, it just means I'm feeling poorly or wallowing!
I'm not looking for sympathy from posters, ( I'm neither good at receiving sympathy nor compliments) , I just wanted to clear the air.

Have a good day everyone, whatever your plans. many on here have bigger mountains to climb than I have. ?

dustyangel Thu 05-Aug-21 08:37:09

Maybe we will all have flamingo in our day today BlueSapphire.
And Good morning to you all from a blue skied corner of the Algarve. Very peaceful after a frustrating day yesterday spent without Internet all day. For some reason my phone wasn’t working either. No WiFi for us means no television or radio either so having waited in an engineer to turn up, we went out to eat and selected the restaurant for both it’s excellent food and good WiFi.
It’s fine to find things to keep busy with but to relax I like to catch up with GN or read and almost all my books are on my kindle! Worrying how reliant most of the world is now on internet coverage.

dustyangel Thu 05-Aug-21 08:38:09

Meant to say I shall try to catch up with you all throughout the day.

Kim19 Thu 05-Aug-21 08:42:18

Good morning everyone! Harrigran, your contribution has just made my day. Such progress and a lovely prospective visit. Wonderful! Whoever thought a visit to Aldi would be a highlight in our lives?! Oh yessss..... I've a morning coffee with a couple of church members whom I haven't caught up with for ages and the rest of the day will be pot luck. Hope for at least one highlight for everyone.

dustyangel Thu 05-Aug-21 08:45:32

I wish it didn’t take me so long to post. Marydoll I will pm you flowers

Ashcombe Thu 05-Aug-21 08:51:53

Good to see you on here, Marydoll, this morning and any other morning when you post. You’ve been missed these past few days.

brook2704 Thu 05-Aug-21 08:57:29

It’s good to see you posting again marydoll I look forward to your daily novellas and have missed you!

ginny Thu 05-Aug-21 08:59:12

Good morning all, the sun seems to be winning the fight to shine.
I had a lovely day at Wicksteed yesterday, bought back so many childhood memories.
Glad to see Marydoll posting this morning but sorry you have been feeling down and poorly
A dated post seems a good idea Mick.
We have my brother and SIL coming for the day. We have my brother and Sister in law coming to visit today. Not seen them since just after the last lockdown. He has been ill so it will be lovely to see them and catch up. DD3 will be popping in , so they will get to see baby Charlie for the first time and will see DGS2 for the first time since he was around 2 1/2 (now 5 ).
I will be wearing my flamingo T-shirt today so wish you all lots of flamingos and a smile along the way.

Grandmabatty Thu 05-Aug-21 08:59:28

Always glad to hear from you Marydoll. Take care ?

NannyJan53 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:04:54

Glad to see you back posting Marydoll. So sad to see that some posters are being unkind, albeit subtly. I hopefully they are in the minority, and certainly not on this good morning thread flowers.

I and many here wish you well.

Nannytopsy Thu 05-Aug-21 09:05:10

Marydoll I am so sorry to hear that your last treatment has made you so ill. Was it the one that had been delayed for so long?
I always look out for your novellas and worry when you are absent. Please take care ?

Bellanonna Thu 05-Aug-21 09:07:26

Marydoll, I rarely post on here but wanted to say I’m so glad to see you back. I’ve been worried about you, as you know!
I’m shocked to think that anyone could have been unkind to you on here. It’s hard to ignore, I know, but please try to. You always write such amusing and uplifting posts, and it’s lovely to see you back. I’m sorry that you’re going through a tough time physically, it must be rotten for you. It’s great to see you back and I know we all look forward to seeing more of you! Dai, forza amica!

fairfraise Thu 05-Aug-21 09:14:26

Good morning all. I don’t post here but read every day. Just wanted to send all best wishes to Marydoll. You were the kindest person (along with many others) when I joined maths class last summer under my old name. Miss you when you are not there. Best wishes from South Wales. flowers.

Nannagarra Thu 05-Aug-21 09:14:45

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it’s bright, cooler and gulls are calling. As the forecast is a bit ‘iffy’ I’ll probably not be meeting friends in a garden this afternoon but in a summer house. I love its vibrant bubble gum pink interior and multiplicity of equally colourful ornaments!
Later I have a dental appointment, the last before my dentist relocates to the Lake District. I hold no fear of the profession and have lots of confidence in her so I’ll transfer. DH, who wants to follow suit, will be chauffeur - -to Miss Piggy- -. (Cannot do strikethrough despite following instructions.)
?‍✈️ ? ?
On that note I’m glad to hear Mrharri has lovely new teeth. May he have other successful outcomes. Mick adding the date is a good idea. Alizarin and Jax I really enjoy reading about the food you produce. I imagine the smells and sights and dream… My fingers are crossed for muse today that there are no hitches and there is nothing to worry about. Happy birthday for tomorrow Scentia. NannyJan53’smum I’m in awe of you - you’re an absolute inspiration. May you speedily recover Sar53.
I’m delighted to hear from you Marydoll, being one of your many fans. Do, please, keep posting, writing novellas and just being you. Ignore any unpleasantness. ❤️ Mince and tatties Grandmabatty? Yummeee! Last night whilst doing Tai chi on the beach I thought of another Scottish poster Taichinan. Has anyone heard from her? Her pre-Christmas post was a total hoot! I’d like to think she’s okay.
Whatever you’re up to, have a good one.
???

Alygran Thu 05-Aug-21 09:15:27

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s almost sunny.
Good to hear some progress Harri.
Grey it sounds like two days outings in one. Put your feet up today.
I’m heading north today to Whitley Bay to visit my late best friend’s daughter. Her sister is there from Buckinghamshire this week and it is lovely to be included. Their mum died 4 years ago but they have kept in touch although Covid has interrupted actually getting together. I hope it stays dry so we can go to the beach!
Have a good day everyone. Belated and advance good wishes to the birthday girls

Alygran Thu 05-Aug-21 09:17:57

Posted too soon..
…and good to see you posting Marydoll

EkwaNimitee Thu 05-Aug-21 09:18:33

Good morning, Mick and all from Carlisle where sun and cloud are competing as usual in the last few days. Yesterday I went out and splurged on bedding for the new bedroom furniture coming next week. Then, in the afternoon, I got an email saying that, due to Covid problems, it would be delayed. Now it's coming a fortnight later and even that's not absolutely certain. Fed up with it as I've been waiting 4 months. My mood was lightened by a small win on the Premium Bonds and the cruise company telling me they had knocked more money off the next cruise due to missed excursions on the last one.
I did a little work in the garden in the afternoon including planting another shrub and I'm thinking of paying another visit to a garden centre shortly, I need a new hoe.
Pleased to see you back, Marydoll...I for one like reading your posts and wish I had more of your fighting spirit.
Sounds like things are on the up, Harrigran, may they stay that way!
Some lovely photos today, I must dust off my own camera and get out and about again instead of getting irritated by missing furniture....
I hope everyone has a satisfying day.

Grandmaof6 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:19:32

I have never commented before, though a daily reader of this wonderful thread. I have to write now, to say I love your posts, Marydoll and please don’t stop