Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(91 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 05-Aug-21 06:09:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry start here in brackley this morning , as yet no rain as forecast .
I am tempted to change the heading subject title to include the date and the day what are thoughts ?
Odd exceptions such as bank holidays .
Today , my usual short bus trip out later after watching the track cycling form Olympics .
Take Care,
Mick

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Aug-21 09:22:44

Good morning all,

Just a quick visit as it’s nearly time for Pilates. I will catch up with the posts later.

The sun is shining here in South Yorkshire for now, but rain is forecast for this afternoon, so a similar day to yesterday.

Take care.

MawBe Thu 05-Aug-21 09:23:04

Good morning at the second attempt!
I was wide awake at 5 this morning, no 2 ways about, really annoying as I am not picking Rosie up until later this morning and I thought I would have a long uninterrupted sleep after a lovely, but tiring day in Birmingham with the family. The motorways had been full of lorries us usual but also camper vans which did not always seem to appreciate their width and it got hairy in places, especially when one coming in from the right where the A14/M1 join the M6, cut across in front of me forcing me on to the hard shoulder (perhaps he thought it was a “smart” lane, certainly not a smart driver. ) So a bit stressful.
I made a cuppa, downloaded the paper and dozed until 8 when I also realised that my washing machine had (again) stopped mid cycle . I have managed to pump out and get it to spin but it’s not a blocked filter this time and I fear the worst (moments silence please as a mark of respect)
Other than that, it’s a lovely sunny morning and not having read all your posts just the most recent, wish Marydoll “Gute Besserung “ and am glad to hear Harrigran was able to enjoy a trip to Aldi.
?These simple things….?
Wishing you all a pleasant day?

Greendress Thu 05-Aug-21 09:35:06

Good Morning everyone.

I haven't posted before but have lurked for a few months. Marydoll I was so pleased to see you posting today, I was worrying about you, please don't stop posting - your 'novellas' are full of humour and interest. smile

Maya1 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:38:14

Good morning, l have never commented either. I also love this daily thread. I have found it uplifting throughout lockdown.
I have to say l also love Marydoll's posts. They are wonderful.
Please continue and know you have many supporters.

Blossoming Thu 05-Aug-21 09:38:42

Good morning all from sunny breezy Lancashire. I’m glad to see you here Marydoll but sorry to hear you’re unwell and even more sorry you’ve been made to feel unwelcome. I can’t imagine what some people find objectionable about your posts. The majority of posters welcome and appreciate your novellas. I have felt that way but tend to avoid or ignore the nasties. Though I do feel it’s necessary to respond when some people mock my disability, as happened recently. I know it’s easier said than done though, especially if you’re feeling below par. flowers

Mr. B and I are off out on the trail of witches today. Happy Thursday all ?

Sally12 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:42:21

We all want to be liked, don't we? Not sure that’s true for many who post on the GM thread, Marydoll? And it certainly shouldn’t become a clique of friends, which it does at times. I always feel that posters are really “talking” to the rest of GN, who are reading, as much as each other. Surely it’s an open, general, sharing information about weather, etc thread.

monk08 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:44:05

Good to see you posting Marydoll take care and post when you feel able, really enjoy your novellas ?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 05-Aug-21 10:09:28

Good Morning on Thursday 5th August from sunny Harrogate.
Have just dealt with my Sainsburies delivery a lot went back
this time.
Marydoll so glad to see you back, sorry you've been 'down'
Belated birthday greetings to you GrandmaFrench you share your birthday with my DD1.
What a lot of lovely photographs, thank you for sharing.
Have to do a bit of clearing up this morning, DD1 and her DD are coming for lunch, thought I'd ordered a cheesecake to share, but what arrived was a very expensive one that might do 2 people! what a disappointment. Still plenty of Pizza should fill 'em up. I suspect DD1 will go shopping after lunch while I look after DGD. Tomorrow and Saturday I have DGS all day so may or may not get a chance to post.
Your allotment sounds a delight Alizarin, and I love your flamingo BlueSapphire
Have the best day you can, folks with plenty of flamingoes!

joyce6135 Thu 05-Aug-21 10:22:39

Good morning from East Northants, sunny at the moment but rain forecast later. So pleased to see you posting Marydoll, over the last eighteen months your novellas have kept my spirits up during the pandemic. I live alone and have few relatives so have struggled, but you have helped enormously. I keep having short bursts of ‘ down days’ but know that so many have it a lot worse than me. Loving the pink flamingo Blue Sapphire. Have a good day everyone.

B9exchange Thu 05-Aug-21 10:38:34

Good morning everyone, especially Marydoll, is it on other threads that people have been unkind? You can have a virtual hug, not sympathy, no, not at all, just that I like hugs! ?

Great idea to put the date on Mick.

We went to visit DH's very elderly relative yesterday, she is very independent, does all her own gardening, got up to make us coffee, caught her sandal on the rug and went down! I managed to break her fall, the bruises will come out later!?
DH and I got her upright again and she carried on, but if I were her daughter, that rug would be confiscated!

Have a lovely day everyone.

GrannySomerset Thu 05-Aug-21 10:39:06

Ignore the envious, dear Marydoll, you have brightened so many lives over the past difficult months, and we miss you when you are not well enough to post. As is obvious, most of us value your daily slice of life, so keep posting when you feel able.

Dull and grey day but have DH’s carer coming this afternoon so will have a leisurely trip to Tesco in my three hours of freedom. Yes, I know, sad but hope to go further afield in the next week or two as the arrangement beds in. After an awful day yesterday (he went walk about and was returned by sharp-eyed neighbours) today is on a more rational footing so am hoping for no dramas

aggie Thu 05-Aug-21 10:39:12

Good morning all from a very wet Armagh , my second DD has rung to say she will visit today , hope she leaves her very yappy dog behind ! I won’t have it in the house and it’s not fair (and very noisy) to leave it in the car , it doesn’t do wet paws ?
It’s lovely to see you posting Marydoll but sorry you are poorly just now

Redhead56 Thu 05-Aug-21 10:41:57

I have only posted on the morning thread a few times. You made me very welcome you are a breath of fresh air and I am glad to see you are here this morning despite being unwell ?

aggie Thu 05-Aug-21 10:42:03

GrannySomerset I remember the few hours of freedom , I hope it refreshes you xxx

Lona Thu 05-Aug-21 10:42:43

Marydoll I rarely post on GN, but I nearly always read the Good Morning thread, purely to read your 'novellas'!
When you don't post, I worry about your health. flowers
Don't stop please, lots of us care about you and the others aren't worth bothering about. Xx

Chewbacca Thu 05-Aug-21 10:43:11

flowers for Marydoll

Marydoll Thu 05-Aug-21 10:49:18

Thank you all, especially, Chewy, my fan club, secretary! wink

I feel quite embarrassed posting now, but I woke up feeling very low and sorry for myself.
There are some lovely people on GN, as I have discovered this morning. ?

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 05-Aug-21 10:51:44

Good morning . Dull but warm in the Scottish Borders. Laundry tackled and bathroom awaits a good clean (despite it only being 24 hours since last one). Woman's Hour on. Elevenses soon. Ddog very proud of dead mouse he found in garden. Thwarted gun dog. Sending best wishes to all. Keep posting everyone. This is a good place and I am sorry if people have not felt welcome. I find this community a great comfort and inspiration.

Berylsgranny Thu 05-Aug-21 10:53:14

Good Morning all, I don't normally post on this thread as I find it a bit 'cliche' tbh, however it's always nice to be nice to each other. I have had in the past on GN been called names, been insulted which caused me great stress and anxiety but it did teach me that those doing the nasty may be looking for some attention themselves but going about it in a strange way. We all have down days everyone of us, I've yet to meet someone who doesn't. Some like to 'hold the stage' some don't and we all have to bear that in mind. Some troubles are not brought about from what we read/post on GN but from other sources i.e. family situations which none of us know about. I'm sure Mary is big enough and bold enough to fight back in her own way whatever has been going on, personally it's not obvious but I don't spend hours on GN. Even though I don't post it would be nice to keep this thread on an even footing and respect the wishes of everyone.

Doodle Thu 05-Aug-21 10:54:10

Marydoll I don’t post much on the GM thread but am so pleased to hear from you again. I’m sorry you’ve been really poorly again. I think we all worry when you miss posting.
I love your stories and although I don’t post often here I do read through most days. Please read through all the posts of people that have missed you and know you are a much loved member of gransnet. Like another poster, I think I will remember your Maths class for a long time to come. I made some good friends there and the fun and humour were wonderful. Take care x

Aldom Thu 05-Aug-21 11:02:45

Marydol Good to see you back. I've been on GM twice each day, just looking to see if you had posted. At the same time keeping you in my thoughts. Hoping for the best for you. Keep posting when you feel well enough. Kindest regards. smileflowers

Callistemon Thu 05-Aug-21 11:19:18

I rarely post on the GM thread although I do read it sometimes and send best wishes to all those who are unwell or have difficulties to face, especially some who no longer post on here who may be reading this.

Marydoll I do hope you will feel better soon. Feeling unwell, especially from treatment which is supposed to help you, can be very dispiriting.
I hope you carry on posting.
Your Maths class last year was a joy and certainly got my brain thinking differently to the way I learnt at school!

?

grannysyb Thu 05-Aug-21 11:23:33

As a good morning lurker, who doesn't post often, I'm sad to read about Marydolls difficulties, personally I love her novellas, please keep them coming and try to ignore the miserablists.

recklessgran Thu 05-Aug-21 11:31:24

I'm another one who reads every day but doesn't post. I'm a bit shy but feel that I "know" everyone on here and it's a lovely, friendly supportive thread isn't it?
Marydoll I love your posts - I think we have a similar sense of humour - I feel so upset that anyone could have hurt you. Please keep posting when you can as you really do make a difference to a lot of us around here! I'm sending you a hug whether it's allowed or not!!

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Aug-21 11:36:20

Well, I've caught up with the posts now.

That's a good idea about the date, Mick.

Sounds as if you had a very busy, full on day yesterday, Greyduster, no wonder you don't want to do too much today!

Lovely photos Ash - Castle Drogo looks very impressive.

I'm not sure how the GM thread appears cliquey, really. The only thing I can think of is that some posters have posted on here for a very long time, so get to recognise each other's name and perhaps might appear more chatty with each other than with other posters, and maybe use the pm facility a bit more, but I'm certain exclusion of posters is not done deliberately; rather, I suppose, the more frequently you post on a thread, the more you might be remembered. Some posters are referenced and recognised more than others, but that's just like real life, I think.

So glad to see you posting today Marydoll and hope you feel better today.

To all celebrating a birthday or other event, have a lovely time.

To those unwell, or with troubles, may today bring some respite. ?