Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 9th August 2021

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 09-Aug-21 06:07:39

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry with grey sky here in brackley this morning.
my plans today , to finish off the gravel stone laying at parents graves.
And then have a quiet day in with housework etc .
Take Care,
Mick

ginny Mon 09-Aug-21 08:16:28

Good morning, another grey start in N. Bucks.
We had a lovely visit to Ascot House ( NT) yesterday. The gardens are very pretty and sun eventually made an appearance.
Lovely to read happy baby and family news and healing thoughts for babies and others who need them.
DH is just off to golf and I’ve not got much planned , so I think a ‘crafty’ day is on the cards for me.
Hope you all find a smile along your way.

Pittcity Mon 09-Aug-21 08:17:53

Good morning from rainy Colchester. A day of bits and bobs, mostly in the house and out of the rain. A supermarket trip is needed as DS is home and eats for England.
Hoping that the missing pane of glass turns up for our kitchen window. We'll be on the phone chasing it up and trying to get people to do the few small jobs that are outstanding. We are almost at the stage of starting to decorate after living here for 5 months.

Scentia Mon 09-Aug-21 08:17:57

Oh dear, my DSiL has tested positive and I am helpless as to what to do. This is the first time in my life I haven’t been able to fix stuff. I am now isolating for 10 days from last Thursday?. Oh my poor babies❤️

Grammaretto Mon 09-Aug-21 08:18:05

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders.. Very damp outside. I got caught in a downpour on my walk yesterday and my raincoat is still soaking wet.

Happy Birthday Mr gM and many happy returns to you.
Also to your DGD Sar. My eldest DGD became 15 on Saturday. I cannot believe it.
The youngest were bridesmaids at their auntie's wedding which seems to have gone off well.

The cousins' reunion was lovely fun and I had lunch with my MiL so a sociable w/end.

The agency is sending someone to inspect the granny flat today so I am slightly ridiculously nervous.
I wish the light worked in the hall and that the mice stay in the wall!

I will be praying for that tiny baby Marydoll and I am so pleased your DH "melted" enough to see the bairn.
I shall have a hame day today too. History group on zoom.

Such happy news from Gdinosaur
Good wishes to all the expectant grans.

Thinking of you Harrigran as your DH begins to improve.

Nicola has opened some more doors today in Scotland. I only hope it is the right decision and we don't get a fresh covid pike.

Pittcity Mon 09-Aug-21 08:18:35

Oh, for an edit button!!
I pressed post again before sending love to all x

Grammaretto Mon 09-Aug-21 08:21:08

Scentia I am sorry to hear your news.
Had he been vaccinated? I hope he isn't too poorly.

Lins1066 Mon 09-Aug-21 08:28:03

Good morning from a cool S Welsh coast.
The cupboard is bare here so need to do an online Sainsbury's order for tomorrow.
Good to hear that you and DH visited Dollie Marydoll. Prayers will be said here for the little baby.
Hopefully you can visit your DH soon now Ash.
Congratulations to grandmadinosaur sounds like your granddaughter is due around the same time as our grandchild.
Lovely news for GrannyGravy, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with your family back with you in the UK.
Happy birthday to Mr GrandMattie ?

Alygran Mon 09-Aug-21 08:34:47

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a lovely sunny day with a clear blue sky so far but thunderstorms are forecast for later.
I’m off to the arboretum this morning, my favourite gentle space. I haven’t been for a while so I’m really looking forward to it.
DD1 and family are coming for part of their holiday next week so I’m going to look into booking some golf lessons for SIL and DGS.
Hope your SIL recovers quickly Scientia . Fingers crossed no one else in the family gets it. ??For the little baby.
Happy birthday to MrGM.
Have a good day everyone.

baubles Mon 09-Aug-21 08:36:03

Good morning Mick, morning all from soggy South Lanarkshire.

I quickly post on here using my phone before I get out of bed and can never recall who’s doing what without taking notes along the way so I apologise for not mentioning everyone.

I’m send good wishes for all the celebrations and birthdays. We have one of our own today, DGD2 is turning nine so a birthday tea at DD’s house is our outing for this afternoon.

I’ll pray for the little one having surgery Marydoll

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Scentia Mon 09-Aug-21 08:37:05

Grammaretto. He had his first one and his second was due this week. My DD has not had one as she is breastfeeding and wasn’t confident to have it. I worry for her.

Grandmafrench Mon 09-Aug-21 08:45:57

Good Morning everyone from hot, hot, ? hotter French France. I’ve slept in to find DH has opted to go to the supermarket alone. What a ⭐️ he is! x

In a hurry since he’ll soon be back, we’ll unpack, breakfast, hairdresser, then drive to Montpellier and late lunch, then home, collapse and …… pool. And here I am with one foot hovering over the rug, the other still under the duvet watching two gorgeous Hummingbird Hawkmoths busy amongst the Russian Sage! (Mmmm bet they’ve been up for hours!)

So shake-a-leg and seize the day, Grandma!

I’d be so thrilled at that brilliant news, Grandmadinosaur. That will be such a treasured arrival! Seems we’ll need GranPower at its very best, again, to help heal Marydoll’s friends’ tiny babba - we’ve done it before, let’s do it again ! ? ? ?

Glad you’re feeling better, Beech. Get well wishes to your SiL, Scentia, better news from you, Harri.
Wishing you a very ? ? Happy Birthday, MrMattie - I’d guess the small, soft present will be the rhinestone-trimmed Marigolds!

Wishing everyone a ‘kind’ Monday, problem-free and inhabited by Flamingoes and Fun.

Stay safe all you dear people, stay smiling and let’s stay together. x

?‍♀️???

brook2704 Mon 09-Aug-21 08:48:40

Sorry to hear about the +tive test Scentia I hope your SiL gets over it quickly without any problems and your DD is fine too
Try not too worry too much ?

Stilllearning Mon 09-Aug-21 08:55:40

A quick good morning from S Lanarkshire. Damp with more rain forecast. Another day of emptying the bucket under my drain pipe!

Heading out to church Marydoll where I’ll be thinking about the baby. Glad you both had a good visit yesterday,

Happy Birthday to Mr gM and glad that your husband has started to eat a little harrigran

Wishing everyone as good a day as possible??

Grammaretto Mon 09-Aug-21 09:03:09

I meant covid spike not pike and I hope very much that your family are not too unwell Scentia
It is a worry though.
You never stop worrying however old they are.

Marydoll Mon 09-Aug-21 09:03:40

Thank you everyone. Stillearning, much appreciated. It is good to see things going back to normal at church. I can't go yet, as I still have to socially distance, but hopefully soon.

Gelisajams Mon 09-Aug-21 09:09:31

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s dry and fine after the rain and wind yesterday.
GM wish your DH a very happy birthday. You encourage me your DH is celebrating his birthday 18 years post op. My DH had the same op just over 2 years ago. He’s still on 3 monthly blood tests and it’s always a worry as it seems to come round so quickly.
Well done MrMarydoll I’m so glad things are improving in the relationship department. Keep us updated about the little one - how worrying for his poor parents.
A walk into Lancaster along the canal today I think, I need a couple of bits from the town, then the bus back.
Take care, stay safe everyone ?

B9exchange Mon 09-Aug-21 09:26:27

Good morning all from a wet and overcast Herts. I will pray that your friend's little baby boy comes through the operation okay, Marydoll, look forward to updates.
Scentia such bad luck, wish DSiL better soon and the rest of you are okay too. Harri great news that DH is eating again. GMFrench please tone the temperature down a bit for next month please!

No much planned for today, the weather certainly won't tempt me out. Will just get on with the washing and ironing - oh joy!

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy day.

Auntieflo Mon 09-Aug-21 09:37:42

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
I just realised, from Mick's heading, that today would have been my mum's birthday. Sadly, she is long gone, but still in my heart.
It is dry here, and thoughts of stripping the bed and laundry today, so that will bring the showers no doubt.
Prayers for your friend's wee baby grandchild Marydoll.
Happy birthday MrGM, and don't do too much dish washing today.
Grandmadinosaur, lovely news about the new baby girl, soon to be welcomed to your family.
Good news Harrigran, that you managed to tempt MrH, with some curry. Well done both of you.
Someone? upthread, mentioned making a meal plan, I wish I was that organised.
I am still here, at the breakfast table, and not yet washed and dressed, so must stir my stumps.
Have a good day one and all.

BlueSapphire Mon 09-Aug-21 09:45:19

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton, but the sun is tryiing, so I have put some washing in the machine.

Finished off my jumper yesterday, and luckily had just enough wool to complete it. Must now pull it to shape and put it under damp towels, as recommended in the pattern. Have now started my new project, a winter wrap. Couldn't remember what wool I'd bought for it, but it turned out to be a light natural brown with a bit of sparkle in it.

No plans for today, just the usual house stuff. My yoga friend cried off (again!) with the excuse that she needed to work on her allotment, so as it is too far to walk with my yoga mat, blocks and blanket etc, that's another week missed for me.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 09-Aug-21 09:45:36

A showery Scottish Borders. Good morning everyone. Best wishes to you all and my thoughts are with you Scentia. My DD was hundreds of miles away from me when she had Covid. Made complete recovery. But sense of helplessness was very strong. I sent flowers and a couple of hampers. All I could do. Luckily she WhatsApped me several times a day. Nothing planned. Loads of stuff went to municipal dump/recycling centre yesterday. I will seek out more.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 09-Aug-21 09:51:53

Good Morning all from bright Harrogate
Just a warning - all sorts of thing could happen with this post, I have DGS crawling over me. He has already managed to change the screen format and lost my google chrome - such a meddler.
hopefully i'll get chance to read your posts later, or maybe I'll be sound asleep!!
Take care, folks

Georgesgran Mon 09-Aug-21 10:02:19

Good morning from Durham, where it’s damp but warm.
It would appear I have a rat living under my pond - it’s the size of a cat - it’ll have to go!
Phone calls to make this morning, hoping to get people ‘booked in’ for various jobs.
Took DD2 and family out for lunch yesterday - the first time I’ve eaten out since last August.
Pleased to see some posters having a better day - long may it continue. X

EkwaNimitee Mon 09-Aug-21 10:03:32

Good morning, Mick and everyone from damp Carlisle.
It's laundry and housework this morning and the afternoon is either a bit of gardening or admin stuff depending on the weather. Another Freegler has just been for something and my garage is beginning to look a bit tidier and emptier. I'm also well on with scanning the contents of DH's photo albums into the computer so the racks of them are slowly but surely emptying. I'm hoping to hit the charity shops with clothes and books later in the week but there is still a house full of 'stuff' that, at the moment, I'm convinced I need!
Worrying news Scentia, I hope your SiL doesn't suffer too badly and that the rest of the family remains free of it.
That little soul will be in my thoughts, Marydoll, I do hope all will be well.
And I wish all the best possible day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 09-Aug-21 10:05:15

Morning Mick and all

Grey and damp here in S E Essex, rained overnight. Pottering today, not going to stress about the housework.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Nannagarra Mon 09-Aug-21 10:34:34

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is bright and dry.
Happy birthday wishes go to MrgrandMattie (double wishes iykwim), Amelia and the DGDs of baubles and Grammaretto.
? ??
The power of little girls have in melting DGDs’ hearts, eh Marydoll? Nice one. I’m sure your DH won’t forget the image of his DGD Grandmajean; her outfit sounded such fun. Another DH worthy of a special mention is Mrharri - long may it continue for his benefit and for yours harri. Brilliant news for you Grandmadinosaur ? and for you GG13 ?‍?‍?‍?.
? for the baby Marydoll. Sending healing thoughts for a speedy recovery for your SiL Scentia. Please try not to worry; if he could my DH would be giving you statistics to reassure you.
hameildaeme - home will do me? I learn something new every day (and forget it before the day is out)…???
Sending a wave and a smile to you all.
???