Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 9th August 2021

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 09-Aug-21 06:07:39

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry with grey sky here in brackley this morning.
my plans today , to finish off the gravel stone laying at parents graves.
And then have a quiet day in with housework etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Mon 09-Aug-21 10:44:36

A superfluous “of” there. As per!

Blossoming Mon 09-Aug-21 11:21:35

Good morning all. It’s dry in this part of Lancashire this morning, alternating between blue skies and fluffy white clouds. I have to count my steps on a short walk today so I can set a realistic goal for my rehab program. Hoping all with worries find some relief and those in pain find some comfort.

Ashcombe Mon 09-Aug-21 11:33:07

Prayers being offered for that precious baby and the theatre team from here, Marydoll. ?

grandMattie Mon 09-Aug-21 11:43:00

Add mine too Marydoll...

muse Mon 09-Aug-21 11:43:54

Good Morning Mick and all Morningsters. Enjoy your quiet day Mick.

GrandmaMattie Happy birthday Mr.GM I wonder if he enjoys washing the pots as much as MrM does? He loves it?. I'm sure when we get a dishwasher in the new house, he will be glad to hang up the tea towel.

Grandmabatty Enjoy your paddle splash with the wee one.

Grandmadinosaur Excellent news about DiL. My SiL broke her family's run of girls. She had four boys.

Scentia. Had my fingers crossed at your first post then read the second one. I'm so sorry it was positive. So many lives are still being disrupted. I think back to a few weeks ago when Jax's daughter and children were a couple of days into a holiday to then have to return home early to isolate after a positive test.

Brook2704 Wish I was doing your day.

Grandmajean Loved the wellies as part of the homeless crazy princess look.

I am always in awe and admiration of our surgeon's hands when operating on little one's precious bodies. My fond thoughts are with your friend's grandson and his parents MaryDoll.

Such good food news harrigran. Steady progress is good progress.

Ali Holding onto a bit of sun here mid Cornwall.. Watch those hands. Careful with the bramble fight.

Pittcity There's a unanimous vote for an edit facility on a GNHQ thread.

Baubles. I'm a note taker too. Have to. I'm a poor sleeper so usually rise late having caught up with a bit more sleep. Most days I spend my first few hours reading this thread. Started today at 9:00 with a break for breakfast and by the time the number of posts is usually around the 50 mark.

Picked ? kg of blackcurrants yesterday. Yet to be weighed. Jam jars are ready but now realise I don't have the jam sugar I ordered three weeks ago. I wasn't on the delivery. ??Sainsbury's have some when I pop out this afternoon. Other job is to take a water sample. Not mine? We are having our drinking water (from the spring fed stream) analysed. More ??crossed.

No flamingoes today as I need to type quickly (laptop) if I'm to catch the morning post ?.

Take care Morningsters.?

madeleine45 Mon 09-Aug-21 11:57:28

Still just about good morning from north yorkshire. So far have had very windy, sunny , then greying over and then back to sunny again.Have managed to get one load of washing dry and got the next lot out but watching the weather. Good to have a clearing up day after last week, when I had a cancer treatment, a man changing radiators, and after 55 years of driving my first (and hope last!) tyre blow out when there were two boulders in the narrow road near crags and stone walls either side. Managed to miss one but the second one burst the near side front tyre and had a job to stop safely. However I am here to tell the tale and quite enjoying just doing mundane jobs . Hope to get a little time in the garden before going to a rehearsal this evening

Jaxjacky Mon 09-Aug-21 12:16:29

Scentia hopefully your SIL will not be too poorly and no one else catches it. My DD is just about over it after ten days, GD got it, but GS remained free. Easier said than done, but try not to worry.

Nannytopsy Mon 09-Aug-21 12:51:33

muse I always use ordinary granulated sugar for black currant jam as they have plenty of natural pectin.

muse Mon 09-Aug-21 13:58:10

nannytopsy. I did wonder if golden caster sugar would be OK. I always have plenty of that in for baking. Only granulated sugar I have is a bag bought for visitors. That’s been used by those involved with new build now and had a teaspoon in more times than I dare to mention.
Thank you for the tip though. I’m off to the village little Spar shop instead now for granulated. Only a couple of mins drive away. Fraction of the drive to Sainsbury’s. ??

Marydoll Mon 09-Aug-21 15:50:46

Alizerin, photos of the twigs. A temporary spot until the decking is finished. The contractors werent happy with the glass, so we are awaiting replacements. We then find a sunny spot for them.

grandMattie Mon 09-Aug-21 15:51:49

ANy sugar will do, muse. B;ackcurrants are full of pectin, so jam sugar is an unnecessary expense. Any "coloured" sugar will affect the flavour, giving it the slight more caramel/molasses tinge.. Your call.

Grannmarie Mon 09-Aug-21 16:32:45

Good afternoon, Michael and all !

Torrential rain in North Lanarkshire this morning....

Just popping in to send love and prayers for the wee baby, all those who love him and all involved in his treatment. ???

Best wishes to all GM folks, especially those with illness, worries or difficulties.

Doodle Mon 09-Aug-21 19:26:58

Praying for your friends little grandson Marydoll and his family at this time.

Marydoll Mon 09-Aug-21 21:46:05

Just heard, the wee baby has come safely through the op. We are so relieved. Thank you all for your prayers.

Blossoming Mon 09-Aug-21 22:11:51

Wonderful news Marydoll

Doodle Mon 09-Aug-21 22:24:06

Oh Marydoll thank you for letting us know. I’ve been thinking of him on and off all day. Let’s hope he has a good recovery now ?

B9exchange Mon 09-Aug-21 22:52:20

Real answer to prayers, that's super news Marydoll, I popped back hoping for an update.

Grandmajean Mon 09-Aug-21 22:53:53

Me too. Brilliant news.