Gransnet forums

Chat

Describe your perfect day!

(57 Posts)
DanniRae Thu 02-Sep-21 07:54:22

Yes, describe your perfect day - real or fantasy smile

Sago Fri 03-Sep-21 09:42:00

Lucca I do envy you living in the Dales, I think we may be joining you soon!
To summarise, our day was ? perfect.
We called in to Ripon and got a few treats in Booths for our picnic then drove to Hack Fall.
As we parked the sun appeared.
We did a 1 hour circuit, GD loved operating the pump to activate the fountain.
Picnic in the sun watching dragon flies on the lake.

Brief stop in Middleham to say hello to friends, and to stop at a new equestrian shop where pony mad GD got some treats.

The Forbidden Corner was perfect! First visit for GD who howled with laughter and anticipation, we got wet but it really didn’t matter, it’s the best attraction!
No rides just the most imaginative tunnels and caverns it’s a labyrinth of wonder with a few scary bits!

Finally dinner at the Saddle Room then home.

Witzend Fri 03-Sep-21 12:33:52

At the moment, I’m afraid to say - after some very hectic days and more of them starting tomorrow - a day like I thought today was going to be - no need to go anywhere or do anything particular - only I’ve just remembered that we have to go out tonight…?

M0nica Fri 03-Sep-21 14:38:32

I won't know u til it happens.

SillyNanny321 Sun 05-Sep-21 10:50:46

On an island with my Family, Friends & like minded people! Magic back in the world to use to help the world heal! No sickness & disease. A happy healthy world! Oh & dragons! Got to have dragons in my fantasy world!

crazyH Sun 05-Sep-21 11:03:34

Travelsafar ? (hugs)

Azalea99 Sun 05-Sep-21 11:10:04

XH brings me coffee in bed & we chat the way we used to. Then we’re instantly transported to the Seychelles along with the family ( the last ten years of XH didn’t happen for this day). Fantastic day, fantastic company and fantastic food. We do of course, return First Class (the way we did on occasion) but after that XH must definitely return to his new life and the real family go home. I never miss First Class but the destinations were great & in my fantasy day the younger generation get to share in it.

DanniRae Sun 05-Sep-21 11:12:12

SillyNanny321

On an island with my Family, Friends & like minded people! Magic back in the world to use to help the world heal! No sickness & disease. A happy healthy world! Oh & dragons! Got to have dragons in my fantasy world!

Hi Sillynanny - You also need unicorns too! Do you agree? smile

Alioop Sun 05-Sep-21 11:18:58

A drive along the North Antrim Coast with my dog, sun out and stopping at all the little villages and towns for ice cream, coffee, etc. Then a long walk along one of the beaches, hopefully spotting some dolphins, and stopping in somewhere for a Sunday roast.

hilz Sun 05-Sep-21 12:03:57

Wake up. Pain free. No worries. Optimistic of a better future.
See the kids, hug the grandchildren, chill with my friends. That will do for starters....

Quaver22 Sun 05-Sep-21 12:05:43

A day doing anything at all with my son and two lovely grandchildren. I haven’t seen them for three years as they live in New Zealand.

Farawaynanny Sun 05-Sep-21 12:15:04

Flying first class to New Zealand(yes, that’s my 24 hours gone) to see my daughter and grandsons. It seems so long since I was there, just before all the COVID madness started. I hope I won’t be too old to make the journey by the time it’s all over ☹️

Ydoc Sun 05-Sep-21 12:22:49

Easy and very simple to describe. A day with my little granddaughter, just the two of us, bliss.

sweetcakes Sun 05-Sep-21 12:38:23

To be in better health so I could play with my grandchildren pick them up, run and chase them that's all.

SJV07 Sun 05-Sep-21 12:41:20

Blossoming, DH had a life changing fall when walking 2 years ago, resulting in very little walking, but thankfully, no brain injury. My sympathies are with you.

inishowen Sun 05-Sep-21 12:53:43

Today has been perfect. Got up early and went to a car boot sale. Then drove to the Titanic quarter in Belfast. Found that there was a lovely Sunday Market. Bought delicious fresh bread. Came home and had the bread with tomatoes and cheese. Yummy.

knspol Sun 05-Sep-21 13:02:21

Mine would be waking up early on a warm spring day with DH as he used to be ie in good health and even tempered and then a short drive to some nice country spot and a long walk followed by a picnic lunch in a scenic spot.
My desires seemed to have waned somewhat over the last few years!

Daisend1 Sun 05-Sep-21 13:03:22

My perfect day if for once would be to read or listen to the news that there is not a tragedy /disease / conflict taking place some where in the world
Some hope but I can dream.

LovelyLady Sun 05-Sep-21 13:33:57

Perfect day = A dream is having the day with my family without having to be careful about conversation and being careful about eating. Our manners are good but one of my adult children is uncomfortable eating with me. So very sad and I cry so often. This means no holidays or meals together. So my perfect day is having them all for a meal in peace and harmony.

Amalegra Sun 05-Sep-21 14:08:11

I’m with you there, travelsafar! Give anything for the old days sometimes. Today is Sunday and it used to be Church in the morning (I ran the toddlers group) so an early start for all of us! Then home to finish cooking a traditional lunch which we walked off in the beautiful Dorset countryside and back to watch a bit of TV and prepare for the week. Simple pleasures but so sorely missed nowadays.

Sarahmob Sun 05-Sep-21 14:23:53

My family waking up to a breakfast picnic in Port Douglas, then onto the silver surfer out to the barrier reef. Lunch aboard and the opportunity to take my three year old DGS in the submersible to see the sea creatures. Back for a barbie on the beach while we watch the sun going down. Loved that when DH and I did it and would love to do it again with the rest of my family.

Neen Sun 05-Sep-21 14:56:19

Walking the dog and in time for the sunrise. Hearing the breeze amidst the trees and stop to watch the bunny's and squirrels for a little while.
Take Rana roo home and pop to my local cafe and have smashed advacado on toast with scrambled egg on the side and fresh mint tea.
Pop for my outside pool swimming slot.
Read a bit of my book in my back garden when I get home.
Then write to a friend and post the letter.
Followed by writing some poetry.
Pop and see one of the grandchildren.
Home and watch NCIS and prayers and be x

Neen Sun 05-Sep-21 14:56:38

Bed not be x

hollysteers Sun 05-Sep-21 16:06:42

M0nica Have you never had a perfect day??

maryrose54 Sun 05-Sep-21 16:41:31

A day when I know that DD and DS are happy with no big worries. I could then have a peaceful day with DH, maybe walking somewhere with beautiful scenery, and then at the end of the day going home to our ideal, detached home in a quiet location.

Summerfly Sun 05-Sep-21 16:46:43

To be with my darling mum again. We’d go to the seaside and soak up the warm sunshine, have lunch in a cafe, then stroll along the promenade like we used to and have a look around the shops. We would finish our day with a slap up meal and a bottle of good wine in our favourite restaurant. I still miss her like crazy after almost twenty years.