Gransnet forums

Chat

Describe your perfect day!

(56 Posts)
DanniRae Thu 02-Sep-21 07:54:22

Yes, describe your perfect day - real or fantasy smile

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 08:09:53

Wake up to breakfast overlooking Lake Como in Varenna, private boat down to Bellagio to buy something beautiful to wear. Helicopter to Venice and motor launch through the canale grande and coffee near the Guggenheim museum. Motor launch out to the island of Torcello for late lunch in the Locanda Cipriani. A bit more shopping for an evening outfit . Transfer to Verona ready for a performance of La Bohème or Madame Butterfly in the evening. Then back to Varenna and the Villa where my son would have arrived with the family from Sydney……

Polarbear2 Thu 02-Sep-21 08:46:12

Wow. Is that a fantasy or would you really have the ability to do that? It sounds beyond wonderful.

Sago Thu 02-Sep-21 08:50:48

Today……. picnic made, set off for Hackfall Woods with our granddaughter, walk then picnic. Stop off at the fossil shop in Masham then tickets for the Forbidden Corner at 3 pm.
Early doors supper booked at the Saddle Room.

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 09:22:05

Hack fall woods are beautiful! I’m not far from there…

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 09:22:22

Polarbear2

Wow. Is that a fantasy or would you really have the ability to do that? It sounds beyond wonderful.

Fantasy all the way.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Sep-21 09:46:59

All AC and their wives, partners, along with all GC, my darling sister, her husband and their two young daughters, DH and I on the beach in Los Boliches, Spain for the day. Lunch in The beach bar that has been their since I was 16. In the evening all showered and pink a walk along the paseo to one of our family favourite restaurants for a late dinner.

(Noisy, probably hectic and not at all relaxing, but boy it would be special to us all)

BigBertha1 Thu 02-Sep-21 10:15:49

Mine would be breakfast overlooking an Italian Lake too followed by a trip into the hills to a vineyard to select some wines for shipping home then a beautiful Italian dinner with a beautiful Italian- oh dear carried the fantasy too far.

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 10:16:52

BigBertha1

Mine would be breakfast overlooking an Italian Lake too followed by a trip into the hills to a vineyard to select some wines for shipping home then a beautiful Italian dinner with a beautiful Italian- oh dear carried the fantasy too far.

As you do!

BigBertha1 Thu 02-Sep-21 10:18:55

Just refined that to dinner with Rufus Sewell in his Zen personae.

henetha Thu 02-Sep-21 10:20:25

In reality, to spend the day with my family, my sons and grandchildren, going for a walk then having a meal or a picnic somewhere. That's heaven to me.
In my fantasy world I wish I was back with my ex and we were just setting off for another trek around Europe in our camper van.

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 10:26:16

Ha ha! You did it Danni! smile

Blossoming Thu 02-Sep-21 10:35:43

The beautiful sunny day Mr. B and I spent walking the South West Coastal path in Galloway. It was wonderful walking along cliff edges, climbing up and down gullies, eating our picnic and watching wildlife. One month before the brain injury that put paid to all such activities, so a particularly treasured memory.

Polarbear2 Thu 02-Sep-21 19:14:45

I’m pinching Lucca’s fantasy day. That’d do me nicely.
Ps Sago - what’s the Forbidden Corner?

Lucca Thu 02-Sep-21 19:22:51

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiXlcuV9ODyAhUPKuwKHSInDPwQFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yorkshire.com%2Fview%2Fattractions%2Fleyburn%2Fthe-forbidden-corner-125412&usg=AOvVaw3q1X6VH5NycBFxHpvwLiZW

Kim19 Thu 02-Sep-21 19:27:41

A day that includes long uninterrupted sunshine and any of my family or friends preferably wrapped around some sort of meal outdoors. That'll do me.

hollysteers Thu 02-Sep-21 19:37:43

Starting the day in a beautiful hotel in the countryside, then a visit to NT property, author’s house or royal residence. Into London for shopping at Harvey Nicks, dinner in Kensington, finishing with a play in the West End.
Would need to find a bit more energy than I have at the mo…

GagaJo Thu 02-Sep-21 23:04:31

Mmmmmm. Long lie in. Then taking DGS to see his wonderful godmother in Shanghai. Park, where they adore children. Then back to hers, where she will have no doubt prepared a fabulous meal. None of which my GS would eat, but his loss. He could spend his time running around the running track and playing in the sandpit, outside her campus apartment window. I miss her. Lovely lady, my best friend. Haven't seen her in person for 4 years.

seacliff Thu 02-Sep-21 23:15:01

There's got to be a boat trip around some Greek islands for me. Sitting at prow in sun and seawater splashing up. Some dolphins following us.

CanadianGran Thu 02-Sep-21 23:45:03

Hmmm, I would say a beach day with family, followed by quiet time with a book (and perhaps a cuddly nap). Then a warm evening, with dinner that someone else cooks,

Doesn't matter where, but we really don't have any close beaches. I see palm trees in my mind.

DanniRae Fri 03-Sep-21 07:53:37

I'd have to turn Colin Firth down because David Essex has already asked me to go out for the day with him. We will spend the day out at sea on a beautiful boat with a crew providing us with drinks, food and anything else we might need. He will be a perfect gentleman (bit of a shame that, eh? blush) We will go ashore - somewhere amazing - and dine in a place with a terrace over looking the sea. Finally he will drive me home in a fabulous car and say goodbye with a warm hug and a chaste kiss on both cheeks. Ah! if only!!
I will fall asleep thinking "I hope Colin calls me next week....."

Lucca Fri 03-Sep-21 07:57:33

Turn Colin Firth down ?? never

MerylStreep Fri 03-Sep-21 08:03:54

I would fly my sailing friends by private jet to go sailing on this yacht and hope that they would let me take the wheel for a while. www.classic-charters.com/classic-yacht/columbia/

travelsafar Fri 03-Sep-21 08:05:29

To spend one more day with my children when they were little and before life got in all of our ways and caused issues and sometimes heartbreak.

DanniRae Fri 03-Sep-21 09:29:45

Lucca

Turn Colin Firth down ?? never

I said I'd only go out with him if he dresses as Mr Darcy - he said that wasn't a problem so I can't wait for him to get back to me grin
(I have a signed photo of him dressed as Mr Darcy - he sent it to me after I wrote to him - this bit is TRUE)