Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s cosy kitchen for sincere and pleasant peoples

(1001 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Fri 17-Sep-21 22:32:07

Well, this kitchen is lovely, I love the cool decor and colourful rugs.
I think I should have typed www.westwoodlakes.co.uk as the other doesn`t seem to work.

Blossoming Sat 18-Sep-21 10:12:54

Good morning lovely Kitcheners, great to see so many of you. You are busy bees! I’m sat up in bed finishing my morning tea, quite tired after yesterday’s walk (and huge fish supper!). Maybe a shower will wake me up in time for lunch grin

TillyTrotter Sat 18-Sep-21 10:29:14

I missed the opening of the new kitchen yesterday, but have found it today. Hi to all.
Baggs we remember all the “stuff” our DD’s took with them to Uni. Unbelievable amount!
Special thoughts for your DD and wishing her a speedy recovery.
A walk is on the cards today, and a hearty steak pie for evening meal. I may dig out a dead hydrangea bush from a border in the garden later - but it can always wait until another day.
TOYA.

muse Sat 18-Sep-21 10:35:48

Excellent lie in for MrM and myself today. 9:30am. Work to do but at a steady pace.

Welcome Gingster. We are a super supportive bunch here. Have lots of giggles too.

Baggs Speedy recovery for your lovely daughter.

Catch up with you all later.?

soop Sat 18-Sep-21 14:23:05

WOOP WOOP! Thank you, lovely peoples for opening our new kitchen. I am well chuffed.

Before I catch up with all your comings and goings, I have a little news to share with you regarding drop-bot.

A lady in our village has had private surgery at Ross Hall for the same condition that I'm battling with. Her lovely husband has had a very frank discussion with us. He has just this minute left us. The cost of the private surgery is close to £7000. She had to wait just two weeks from the first consultation and will be convalescing for two weeks. Mr Soop is wanting me to have a private consultation. If my prolapse can be fixed, he's prepared to take out more equity on our home to fund the surgery. I cannot begin to tell you how optimistic I'm feeling. It has done us a power of good to discuss matters with someone who's 78 year old wife has suffered for seven years. She can now look forward to a fresh start. grin

I shall return. I love you all.

Dogsmakemesmile Sat 18-Sep-21 14:27:11

Afternoon Soop, Baggs and everyone. No offence intended by not naming everyone. Memory like a sieve. Just back from lovely trip to Melrose. Coffee and a couple of shops. How I treasure these things.
Beautiful day despite much cooler day forecast. Any Answers on.
Hello GrandmaFrenchx

Grandmajean Sat 18-Sep-21 14:32:00

Go for itSoop Health is everything !

dragonfly46 Sat 18-Sep-21 14:47:01

soop that is such wonderful news.

soop Sat 18-Sep-21 15:21:49

A warm welcome Gingster. Please make yourself feel at home. We share all goodies. Help yourself. flowers

N&G We all know that a certain young man is guaranteed a VERY happy 12th birthday.

Dear Baggs It's lovely to have you visit the kitchen. Thank you for updating us with news of your two lovely daughters. I recognised your hat in the photo, I thought to myself, hmm that's our Baggs. So it was.

soop Sat 18-Sep-21 15:26:35

The lady I mentioned who has had the private surgery and is staying with her daughter for a fortnight, phoned me a short time ago. She has been most helpful. It has been a very positive turn around. Discussing my problem with someone who has suffered the same indignities as I have, gives me hope of closure.

Jaxjacky Sat 18-Sep-21 15:28:26

I think there’s no doubt that MrSoop is right, that little glimmer of hope is shining brightly for you soop.
I’m wishing your DD the best, swift recovery Baggs, particularly tough for a youngster.

Gingster Sat 18-Sep-21 15:41:30

Thanks for the warm welcome. I’ll see what I can knock up and bring along. ??

Blossoming Sat 18-Sep-21 15:43:31

dogsmakemesmile don’t worry, I’m the same with remembering! I do read all the posts but can’t always remember who said what. soop that is wonderful news! I’m so glad you have a way forward. Baggs hoping your daughter recovers well. I have made a beef casserole in the slow cooker as it’s very autumnal here today. Also, put the washer on and cleaned the kitchen floor, need a lie down now grin

Yiayia4 Sat 18-Sep-21 15:46:11

That sounds very promising Soop fingers crossed for you.
Hope your daughter makes a quick recovery Baggs.
We have 2 of our grandsons later.We’ve decided to take them out for a curry later,they love it and it fills them up.They are staying tonight as It’s our DS and dil’s 22nd wedding anniversary today.They have gone to the theatre to see Pretty Women then dinner in China Town.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

BladeAnnie Sat 18-Sep-21 17:09:12

A late good afternoon and lovely to pop into a new kitchen ?. I'm a very happy bunny today as the Blades go marching on with another 3 points ⚽️. Duncan gave us a wide berth during the match as I can never guarantee being peaceful when in football mode!! Baggs sending your DD my best wishes. Soop that's all sounds dangerous quite positive isn't it? Tilly I rather like the sound if the steak pie ? - Thai basil pork on the menu here tonight. Along with glass or two?..... DD2 is on her "mini-moon" in the Yorkshire Dales for the weekend. It should have been Florida but they decided to put that on hold for the moment and enjoy a staycation instead. Sending hugs to everyone in need of a little comfort and wishing you all a pleasant evening

Hellogirl1 Sat 18-Sep-21 17:32:32

That`s wonderful news for you Soop, I do hope it all comes to fruition for you, because it`s good news for us as well.
Baggs, all my very best wishes to your brave daughter.

soop Sat 18-Sep-21 17:48:01

Dearest peoples, I am overwhelmed by your kind and thoughtful comments. One private message has been beyond anything I could wish for. However, there are arrangements that Mr Soop and I will hopefully get underway as soon as we're able. After which, I shall be in a better position to make all the right decisions. You lot will be kept updated. smile

A sunny end to the day. Last night's sky is for all of you. Until we meet again tomorrow, please take good care of yourselves.

flowers smile moon

Susan56 Sat 18-Sep-21 17:49:16

soop that’s brilliant news?fingers crossed for you??

We have had a busy day at the food festival in town.The divine Miss M has come home with us for a sleepover.She is busy drawing sea creatures with grandpa at the moment.Hoping she is as tired as us so we can have an early night!

TOYA

Grandmabatty Sat 18-Sep-21 17:55:17

Soop that sounds so positive. I'll keep everything crossed that it all works out for you. I'm not long back from dd where I had a lovely afternoon tea for my birthday (tomorrow). Mum did try to sabotage it by refusing to come at the last minute but that was actually better as she would have spent the entire time complaining!? I'm going to put my feet up and prepare to watch Strictly. Have a lovely evening all.

TillyTrotter Sat 18-Sep-21 17:58:50

We know you will make the right decision for you soop and Mrsoop will be right with you. Your sky last night was very special - an omen for you perhaps soop? Follow your instincts.

I have heard the Yorkshire Dales are the place to go for honeymoons BladeAnnie* - way more popular than Florida right now. The romantic couple will not be looking at the view ??.
? Cheers to a new Kitchen, and tasty suppers .

brook2704 Sat 18-Sep-21 18:12:33

Whooo hooo I’ve just found the lovely new kitchen and it looks gorgeous - the sofas are amazing! Thank you hellogirl for opening up and thank you to everyone else for the yummy buffet.

Some really great news soop I hope you can get a resolution, expensive I know but quality of life is everything. I’m keeping everything crossed for you

Sending gentle hugs to your DD2 baggs hope she’s doing ok

Ive had a busy day with DGC, firstly taking DGD to her dance class and then meeting up with DD2, DH and DGS for lunch after they’d been playing a couple of rounds at the crazy golf. DGS really loves it and he likes to go every Saturday morning if he can. He goes so often now that the owner has got to know him and even gives him a discount! Bless I suppose he’ll outgrow it eventually ?
After lunch we went browsing in town to spend their pocket money, DGD wanted pens and things from Smiggle and DGS wanted more football books from Waterstones. A lovely day really.

DH and I are now down in a little cabin just outside Aviemore - a change of scenery and a good long walk is on the cards tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening and as the kitchen is busy I’ve not mentioned all names but I have read all posts and enjoyed them all ?

Urmstongran Sat 18-Sep-21 18:32:16

‘Evening All’.

Love the new kitchen! Plenty of space for us all, any returnees (hopefully soon) and perhaps some newbies? Fab that GrandmaFrench is back. I’ve really missed you!

Positivity in spades here tonight which is lovely to read! soop I always swoon over your sunset views. You live right beside water so the beautiful colours are reflected in it. I could sit at that window and just watch for hours. I’m delighted to hear you’re so brimming with hope regarding a private operation. Sad it has to come down to £’s and not our ‘wonderful’ NHS but I’m another who thinks you ought to go for it if you possibly can finance it.

I’d best get a wriggle on. We are meeting friends downstairs at 8pm and will jump in a taxi to have cocktails and dinner on the marina. I’m showered but not dressed & I need to choose sandals, perfume and lipstick!

Urmstongran Sat 18-Sep-21 18:34:00

We are an hour ahead here remember! I don’t take THAT long to get ready.
??

Nannagarra Sat 18-Sep-21 19:03:46

I’d like to offer Greek yogurt and fruit - strawberries - for the buffet.
It’s wonderful that the prospect of an end to your problem is in sight, soop, that you can wave goodbye to the frustration of delay, discomfort and indignity. I’m delighted for you and sense your excitement.
Baggs what a brave young lady your daughter sounds. May her recovery continue to go well.
Fingers crossed that your daughter is okay, muse.
Happy birthday for tomorrow Grandmabatty. A celebration without Grandmabattysenior moaning?
?
This kitchen is so warm and cosy. I’m so glad I popped in.
Take the best care of yourselves. x

cornergran Sat 18-Sep-21 19:48:18

What heartening news soop. I do understand there are steps to be taken before you can truly decide, how wonderful if you’ll finally be able to be fixed and comfortable.

Wishing your daughter a steady recovery baggs. There’s little logic to these things

An unexpected visit from our not so Littlest and his Minders has left me happy and exhausted in equal measure. I’m being thoroughly spoiled, Mr C is being superb, I’ve been sent and given so many beautiful flowers, phone calls have come from friends and family, helpful messages from GNetters. All full of encouragement to get better very soon and cheering me back to full mobility. No excuse not to for sure grin. I’m grateful to everyone.

Enjoy your evening everyone. Take care.

Doodle Sat 18-Sep-21 20:13:57

Welcome gingster. Cake is always nice to have otherwise just your company will do.?
Kitty nice to see you again. Hope you and yours are well.
Baggs the picture of your car looks just like my sons. Dropping DGD off at Uni for the first time yesterday. Welcome to minibaggs . Hope she likes being in England.
Sorry to hear about your other DD. Hope she makes a good recovery and the treatment works.
Soop good news about your neighbour. I do hope something positive could be done for you too although it angers me that you should have to pay for it.
Hello ? urms have a nice evening.
Nannagarra are you a new poster too. Welcome and thank you for your contributions to the buffet, I love strawberries
corner goo to see you are in good spirits. Hope you are getting on ok.
I have read everything but can’t reply to all. Have a good weekend everyone. ?.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion