Gransnet forums

Chat

I hate cats……

(157 Posts)
Sago Wed 22-Sep-21 19:42:00

I really don’t like cats, I live in an area that is teeming with them.

Our local neighbourhood watch Facebook page is full of pictures of lost cats and now people are just posting “cute” photographs of their cats.

I don’t get how anyone can be so crazy about these furry pests that use my garden as a toilet.

Am I alone?

cupcake1 Fri 24-Sep-21 17:50:36

I’m a dog person dislike cats for reasons others have said ie using our garden as a toilet. We had builders in recently and they even s**t on top of a bag of rubbish they put outside. They squat on top of our planters and they never cover up their mess there or in the garden. They harass the birds which might well be in their nature but not a pleasant sight. I’ve had both cats and dogs, dogs are faithful and loving, cats are aloof and users IMHO.

Jaberwok Fri 24-Sep-21 18:34:52

I love dogs, but cats win out every time for me. My love affair with cats started when I was a toddler, living with my widowed mother and grandparents at the end of the war. They had a rather elderly tolerant ginger cat called Michael whom I would carry around and cuddle all day if they had let me! Since then we have always had cats, both at home and after I married. My last little girl was so affectionate and sweet natured and I was so upset when she had to be put to sleep (cancer aged 6) that I said I'd never have another cat, and I haven't. We do have a lovely Spaniel, and a beautiful Exmoor pony, so not animal free, not yet!

123kitty Fri 24-Sep-21 18:45:42

Very brave of you to admit being a cat hater on GN Sago

WoodLane7 Fri 24-Sep-21 18:53:36

I have 3 feline rescue boys who give me lots of love and pleasure (I love dogs too but being at work a cat was more practical; two more have since made their home with me). They all use their own garden (ie mine!) as their toilet

lemongrove Fri 24-Sep-21 19:44:55

Kate1949

I don't tar them all with the same brush. People in my family have dogs and adore them. I think it's a bit unkind to tell someone they're not a nice person if they don't like them.
If someone told me they didn't like gay people or people with ginger hair, I would think that it was up to them. It's not how I feel but I wouldn't tell them they weren't nice.

I agree.My Grandmother didn’t want any pets in the house, she said that she just didn’t like them.A more lovely and kind person would be hard to imagine, although I never understood it as I really like them a lot.

kevincharley Fri 24-Sep-21 20:16:56

I don't much like people who don't like animals. There's something missing from their make-up which doesn't sit well with me.

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 20:28:13

Thank you lemon. We had pets for our daughter - a hamster, fish - she's allergic to cats and dogs. Well I know I'm a nice person. I don't take much notice of people who imply that I'm not because I don't like (I never said hate) dogs. It's ridiculous.

kjmpde Fri 24-Sep-21 20:38:57

all i can say is that you are missing the love of a cat - something so special it can never be replaced when lost.

Aveline Fri 24-Sep-21 20:40:54

Anyone who says cats are aloof really hasn't known enough cats. Ours are so affectionate and cuddly. It's not just for food as I don't feed them. (That's DHs dept)

MissAdventure Fri 24-Sep-21 20:48:21

If anyone came to my door just once or twice, my cat would remember them and go up to greet them if they went past.
He followed my daughter into her school assembly once. smile

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 20:50:07

I like cats. I think the feeling is mutual judging by this one grin It keeps trying to get in here. I have no idea who owns it but it looks well cared for

MissAdventure Fri 24-Sep-21 20:53:22

grin
I reckon that cat has heard that a really nice woman lives behind that glass.
Can you sense it looking at you?
I love cats' ability to do that.

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 20:54:54

Yes I can Miss A. It's very sweet.

Aveline Fri 24-Sep-21 21:16:57

It's wee face!

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 21:19:33

I know! Sometimes it rolls about trying to look even more cute to entice me to open the door!

MissAdventure Fri 24-Sep-21 21:34:02

Oh, I wish a homeless cat would come and look at me through my window.
One in desperate need of a home.
Then I would HAVE to take it in.
Cats melt my heart a little bit.

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 21:39:43

I don't think this one's homeless. It's very well fed and glossy.

MissAdventure Fri 24-Sep-21 21:54:03

smile
It does look well cared for.
Very cute, too.

Kate1949 Fri 24-Sep-21 21:56:59

smile

seacliff Fri 24-Sep-21 21:58:00

Here's our latest foster cats wanting a home.

Kate your little visitor is almost irresistible.

MissAdventure Fri 24-Sep-21 22:06:20

Black and white cats are my favourite.
They always seem to have friendly personalities.

Rockie Fri 24-Sep-21 22:07:35

I love my cat. She is a rescue. I'm not so keen on dogs

Rosycheeks Sat 25-Sep-21 07:29:30

I love my cat. You dont have to take them out and they are very independent which I like. Always had cats but I do like dogs too. The downside to cats are the hunting which I dont like, finding dead mice etc. Lots of people dont like cats though.

Elvis58 Sat 25-Sep-21 09:41:32

I dislike cats, they are fickle and as the saying goes they own you and choose to stay, if someone down the street feeds them better off they go.
Also the tioleting in your flower beds is doisgusting to say the least.So no you are not alone.

Notagranyet1234 Sat 25-Sep-21 22:42:11

Another crazy cat lady here. I love my furry fiends (not a sp mistake ?) although I could have done with the massive dead rat they left as a present yesterday just as I was leaving for work. Could have been worse I suppose it could have been running around my kitchen ?