Gransnet forums

Chat

Booster vaccine

(157 Posts)
Neen Tue 12-Oct-21 00:01:17

So the email has come and I clicked the link and booked it in for the end of the month . But I'm a tad nervous about it. I had no problems with pfyzer vaccines but just wondering if we really need the booster. Is this now an annual thing does anyone know, like the flu jab.
Has anyone had any issues or no issues even.

growstuff Fri 15-Oct-21 19:34:53

There* is ...

Rosie51 Sat 16-Oct-21 01:30:51

Biscuitmuncher

Barmeyoldbat then you think it's acceptable to gamble with the health of children to shield much older people?

And your evidence for this statement.........? Is that in the same realms of fantasy as your other posts? There is no gamble, children get Covid, some develop long Covid, their education is compromised, their future is compromised. Will you ever wake up to this is a SERIOUS pandemic!?

varian Wed 20-Oct-21 18:57:06

Children need to be protected by the vaccine. I would hate my grandchild to be infected and suffer from long covid.

MayBee70 Wed 20-Oct-21 19:51:49

My grandson, despite DD doing everything possible to protect him, caught covid before mask wearing was reintroduced at his school and just before he was due to be vaccinated. Thankfully he had very mild symptoms but has been suffering from headaches, anosmia and brain fog since returning to school. I’m terrified that he might be suffering from long covid, especially as our family wanted mask wearing etc to continue. If only he’d been vaccinated before he returned to school…

Nightsky2 Sat 30-Oct-21 17:39:23

Biscuitmuncher

You're all having yourselves injected multiple times with something rushed through and people still get covid and still pass it on!

Yes and it’s passed on a lot of the time by people like you who refuse to have the vaccination because you listen to all that c… about it being rushed through.
My grandson was taken to have his vaccination by his NHS consultant mum during the week and was offered the flu jab as well while he was there. She could tell you a thing or two about Covid that might just get you to change your mind, that’s if you’d listen but I doubt you would because you know better than everyone else.

MayBee70 Sat 30-Oct-21 17:46:15

Well said Nightsky2.