Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 14-Oct-21 12:58:04

Help! The old kitchen door is locked. I'm wandering hither and thither like a lost soul. Has a new kitchen been opened please? I hate being this side of the door.

brook2704 Wed 20-Oct-21 20:50:49

Best wishes for Imogen tomorrow Jaxj let’s hope it’s good news ?
Also good to hear your friend is a little bit better SueD and is responding to some treatment

Jaxjacky Wed 20-Oct-21 20:59:16

Thank you brook x

Nannagarra Wed 20-Oct-21 21:12:44

Pleased to see better news for your friend SueD.
?for Imogen tomorrow Jax.

Blossoming Wed 20-Oct-21 21:26:16

Good luck for Imogen tomorrow Jax. I’m glad there’s better news for your friend SueD, hope it continues. I love heaps of cushions Urmstongran but I gues I could hitch up a bit shuffles

Goodnight dear Kitcheners, wishing you all a restful night. Thinking of harrigran and our own dear panache

Yiayia4 Wed 20-Oct-21 21:30:56

Such sad news of Harrigan in my thoughts this evening.
Good luck to Imogen tomorrow Jax?
I’ve just started a diamond art poster of Everton for my DS2, I think it will take me a while, one of the most difficult I’ve done.!
Sleep well dear kitcheners.

Jaxjacky Wed 20-Oct-21 22:03:58

Thank you all, it means a lot x

Grandmabatty Wed 20-Oct-21 22:21:11

Just in from craft class. JaxJacky I'm another one with everything crossed for Imogen tomorrow. Blossoming I always enjoy reading about what you are up to, and sympathise with your bumps and bruises.
Tonight I painted autumn leaves and flowers on a little glass votive holder and painted a large leaf on a ceramic tile. I'm quite happy with them. Mum was in a reasonable mood this morning, I cleaned ds bathroom and dusted for him as he'll be back at Halloween. He's been asked to stay with this firm til Christmas with the very strong possibility of being offered a permanent job. It's such a compliment as it's the top law firm in the world at the moment. He's probably not going to accept it though, as he's happy where he is. I'm rather tired so I'll wave goodnight and see you tomorrow kitcheners.

Nannagarra Wed 20-Oct-21 23:08:47

Your paintings sound beautiful, Grandmabatty.

Nannytopsy Thu 21-Oct-21 00:45:58

Mawbe and GF , having reread the posts, I think there have been crossed wires somewhere. Don’t leave us Maw.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 21-Oct-21 09:28:17

Good morning. Fingers crossed for Imogen Jax. Will be thinking of you.
Stunning weather here.
Gardener doing a beautiful autumn tidy up and chimney sweep arriving at mid day. Very grateful.
Best wishes to all.

aggie Thu 21-Oct-21 09:37:55

I’m with Nannytopsy , please don’t go , we need all our dear friends with us in these sad times xxx

annsixty Thu 21-Oct-21 09:39:23

Someone here feeling very sorry for herself.
I don’t “do” colds and now I have the mother of them.
It started on Tuesday with a cough and an aching back and by evening overwhelming tiredness.
I took to my bed and by yesterday morning It had developed into a two toilet roll affair.
I have had very little sleep for two nights with coughing fits and this morning I just can’t get warm at all.

Enough of that now I have had a conscience about wading in with the unpleasantness the other day.
I should have kept quiet but I didn’t so maybe exacerbated the situation,
Sorry to all.

Good thought to Imogen for today and anyone else needing them.

Blossoming Thu 21-Oct-21 10:09:25

Good morning dear Kitcheners, we have sunshine here for the first time this week! I can hang out some laundry and go for a walk. I need to go pick up my prescription, I have had to change my pharmacy so hope there are no hiccups. I will take the opportunity to have a quick look round Morrison’s which has been re-jigged and I probably won’t be able to find anything. That cold sounds awful annsixty, I hope you feel better soon.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 21-Oct-21 10:18:30

Annsixty I hope you feel better soon, there is a really nasty cold virus doing the rounds, all of us have had it AC, GC and I have ended up with a chest infection and asthma flare up, but we are on the mend.

Some Halloween themed flowers from my kitchen for you ??‍♀️?‍♀️

annsixty Thu 21-Oct-21 10:26:39

Thank you.
I have to stir myself somehow as I am having new curtains hung at two large windows after lunch.Any thing else I would have cancelled but I have waited so long for them and had no curtains up for weeks I have to go ahead or I might be waiting weeks.

Grandmabatty Thu 21-Oct-21 10:37:08

Annsixty that sounds like a humdinger of a cold. Lots of fluids and paracetamol. I had a plea from dd to pick up Calpol for dgs as he's choked with the cold and she's run out. So I've been on an errand of mercy already. My daughter seemed cheerier than I've seen her for a while. She thinks the baby has moved from breech position so hopefully the scan tomorrow will show that.
I've tried to add photos of my painting from last night. It is fun and an opportunity to blether to like minded souls. I really don't like driving at night though. The rest of today will be spent pottering. I'm being taken to Kelso tomorrow for the weekend as a late birthday treat. Lots of fizzy stuff, good food and a visit to Kelso races. I don't particularly like betting but my friends enjoy the occasional flutter so I shall go along with good grace. I hope everyone has a good day.

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Oct-21 12:27:32

My DH has this cold Annsixty. I took him for a Covid test just in case but I am sure it is just that he has got it really badly as we have not really been exposed to germs for the last 2 years. We are still awaiting the results. Meanwhile I am self-isolating although I believe this is not now a necessity.
We had so much planned this week which we have had to cancel.

brook2704 Thu 21-Oct-21 13:06:41

Lovely photos grandmabatty so talented. I’m like you that I really don’t like driving in the dark anymore, especially around the dark country lanes with no streetlights. Usually I stay in when it’s dark which means really long evenings in the winter. Enjoy your weekend in Kelso - sounds like you’re in for a treat!
Hopefully all ok with the tests dragonfly and your DH feels much better soon
We’ve got the DGC here just now, they came yesterday for a sleepover but they’re going home soon. We’ve just had lunch and DH is reading them a story and I’m having just 5 mins peace with my feet up!
Hope you feel much better soon annsixty look after yourself and I hope the new curtains look lovely
Thanks for the flowers GG13 they’re looking good in the kitchen

Susan56 Thu 21-Oct-21 13:36:52

Hope all goes well today for Imogen Jax.

Ann, hope you are feeling better soon.and your DH dragonfly.We had an awful cold/cough type thing.Covid test was negative.Three weeks on we just have the occasional coughing fit.We found paracetamol,lemon and honey and cough medicine helped.

Lovely flowers GG and love your art work Grandmabatty.Have a lovely weekend away.

Hope the pharmacy visit went without hiccups Blossoming.

We have taken Henry to playgroup this morning.He loved it and best of all he fell asleep on the way home?he needs to nap by 12 so he doesn’t sleep in the car on the way home.It can be hard work to get him to sleep so a bonus he fell asleep on his own.DH has cut the lawns and I had a phone call from our neighbour so we put the world to rights!

Off to get Matilda from school shortly then will come home and watch last nights episode of Shetland.

TOYA

brook2704 Thu 21-Oct-21 14:21:38

Ooh you’ve just reminded me to watch Shetland later Susan thank you that’s this evening sorted ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 21-Oct-21 14:39:00

I enjoyed watching Shetland last night and the diction was superb- no mumbling which made a pleasant change. I am not sure how many episodes there are but that is Wednesday TV sorted for me.

Cold here today but very sunny so I cannot really complain.
TOYA

Grandmajean Thu 21-Oct-21 14:56:17

Also enjoy Shetland !
Is it just me or do they seem to have a cast of people who look like each other ? I really have to pay attention or I find myself thinking "Who's he/she again ?"grin

soop Thu 21-Oct-21 16:23:50

Dearest you lovely lot, the atmosphere as I wandered into our kitchen, was very much to my liking. In fact, I'm ready for a brew and cupcake if there is any going spare.

I haven't locked myself away and done very little since yesterday. I have worked almost non-stop on the boy cats' portrait. It has been a challenge. However, I think that, should I continue to "fuss" over it, I shall "muddy" the freshness of the painting. Mr Soop agrees.

Grandmajean We taped 'Shetland'. Also, tonight, is 'Guilt'. Yay!

Susan56 Our Henry is settling down well and if he falls asleep on the way home from playgroup, I'm guessing that he had a lot of fun.

Thank you for the cheerful flowers, Grannygravy. A beautiful selection and the colours are fabulous.

Grandmabatty You are indeed very artistic. I love the autumn leaf.
I bet your daughter feels a lot more comfortable now that baby has decided to change position. How much longer do you think?

Mr Soop is still coughing for Scotland. He most certainly has had a very nasty reaction to the double vaccine. I feel sorry for all those of our Granspals with runny noses, sore throats and mischievous coughs.

I am very fond of you lot. You surely know that to be the truth. I enjoy all friends, old and new. I'm never happier than coming into our kitchen to be greeted with good conversation and good humour.
I am not silly enough to realise that, from time to time, "wires get crossed" and sensitive people feel hurt. That's what makes us human. wink

Grandmabatty Thu 21-Oct-21 16:47:05

Soop poor Macsporran. It is rotten when you are unwell. And ? for you 'just because.' Thank you for the kind comments about the art work. My lovely daughter ended up at the hospital for a check earlier as baby hadn't moved much but all is well. She'll know tomorrow if the baby has shifted when she gets another scan. Regardless, she has five weeks to go. She'll either be induced or if the baby remains breech, she'll have a section. Fingers crossed that the wee tyke shifts or has already shifted! Grannygravy the flowers are beautiful.

Grandmabatty Thu 21-Oct-21 16:49:24

Oops. I didn't realise that my feet were included in the leaf photo. ? My apologies.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion