Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 29th November 2021

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 29-Nov-21 05:59:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry and cold outside here in brackley this morning, today is tidy up day , there a few items I want to discard for space.
Otherwise a day in today .
Take care,
Mick

Pittcity Mon 29-Nov-21 07:50:08

Good morning from a cold and frosty Colchester. Another cold, dry day forecast. I braved putting bedding out on the line yesterday and it smelt fab after a good cold blow. DS has told us that he drove through snow on his way back to Somerset last night but that there was none when he arrived.
I'll be doing the fiddly painting in the bathroom as DH doesn't have the patience.
Then I can put all the bits back. No more DIY until after Christmas.
Love to all ? x

brook2704 Mon 29-Nov-21 07:51:11

Good morning everyone from cold and wintry Inverness, a bit more snow overnight but nothing much really and luckily no severe disruption.
Today I’m off to the gym for a splash around in the lovely warm pool, then across the road to Starbucks for coffee and a sandwich with my friend. I’m looking forward to it
What beautiful pictures grandmadinosaur and so pleased your new DGD is now home ?
Fingers crossed for the 15th Ash and safe journey today for olddudders
Hoping anyone struggling without power is back on again very soon and care all with the weather as it is today ?

Gingster Mon 29-Nov-21 08:00:07

Thankyou Sar - it’s good to hear positive results.

Lovely pics grandmadinosaur - such a lovely baby girl and doting handsome big brother.❤️

That warm pool sounds so inviting Brooke and the coffee and chat afterwards. ?‍♀️☕️ - enjoy.

cornergran Mon 29-Nov-21 08:08:42

Morning Mick, morning All. A cold and cloudy start to our corner of Somerset. The pink tinge has disappeared leaving pale grey overhead.

An excellent if long day out by coach yesterday isn’t encouraging activity this morning. I’m determined to catch up with things admin, a heap of paper to sort, which will keep me quiet all day. Mr C is snuffling, hopefully a not too nasty cold, I’ll plague him with a lateral flow test later.

A very proud big brother grandmadinosaur, I’m pleased all is well. Safe travels to all venturing forth today. Take care everyone. Hope Monday is kind to us all.

baubles Mon 29-Nov-21 08:19:11

Good morning Mick, morning all from dull South Lanarkshire.

The tea after Mass went well yesterday, we had set forty places which were all taken, there were also a few people standing chatting. So far so good.

The light yesterday afternoon was just beautiful when I was out on my dog walk. I love the long shadows on a wintery afternoon.

Sorry to hear that you’re in such pain Marydoll, glad your DH is staying at home. The pavements round our way are treacherous.

Dentist this morning, definitely got the right week this time as I’ve had my text reminder, unlike last Monday when it didn’t occur to me that I hadn’t had a text when I marched down to find I was a week early.

I’m going to be forced to go to the supermarket today as I’ve used up almost everything in my freezer. I really don’t like food shopping.

Lovely photos Grandmadinosaur

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Greyduster Mon 29-Nov-21 08:30:35

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a South Yorkshire winter wonderland! Having got rid of Saturday’s snow, we got another dollop yesterday afternoon - a good three inches and it’s going nowhere. The road outside is a sheet of ice. DH, to add to all his other health woes, has a dreadful snotty cold and I have been awake most of the night trying to keep him comfortable, so not a lot will get done here today. I hope he will do as he is told and stay in bed!
Momb travel safe and enjoy the Dales. They are wonderful in any kind of weather.
Have a good safe day, folks.

Nannagarra Mon 29-Nov-21 08:31:27

Good morning from the Sefton coast. We have frost but no snow here.
Beautiful photos of little ones to which I’ll add one of today’s sunrise. Have the best day you can. ???

Greyduster Mon 29-Nov-21 08:33:27

Our snow!

Greyduster Mon 29-Nov-21 08:34:16

??‍♀️

Stilllearning Mon 29-Nov-21 08:39:54

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire, your nice photos have encouraged me to take the car on my journey to Giffnock baubles, we’re still very white and frosty here.

Wishing a safe journey and return to your DH Ashcombe, I hope he does get back for Christmas.
Lovely picture Grandmadinosaur, it’s such a happy time.

Off now to walk up to mass and check the state of the main road before my Monday journey..

Wishing everyone a good day ???

Kalu Mon 29-Nov-21 08:45:01

Good morning all from a very chilly Glasgow. Yesterday’s blanket of snow began to disappear quickly leaving only some patches.

What beautiful GC Grandmadinosaur. Pleased to hear you are all together now and I envy the baby cuddles. Big brother looks as if he can’t believe what just happened, lovely.

I must be an eejit too Gwen. I am beginning to trip over my own feet now. Hope you heal quickly.

It’s our 47th wedding anniversary today. To celebrate we bought a table lamp for the sitting room - one I was hankering after. ?. Completely forgot about a card for DH until late last night. Luckily I had enough in my craft hamper to make a presentable ‘personalised’ card. DH is still snoring so congratulations will have to wait until he surfaces.

Hoping everyone finds something to be cheerful about today.

Kalu Mon 29-Nov-21 08:53:35

Your journey took you not too far from me Stilllearning. Our roads are all clear here so no worries about driving.

Sorry to hear you are suffering Marydoll. Hopefully a cosy day indoors will help ease your pain.

Beautiful photographs this morning. Thank you.

monk08 Mon 29-Nov-21 08:53:54

Good morning all from the Black country, more snow again yesterday afternoon.
Brook your swim sounds lovely unlike Dils who informed us when they came for dinner she'd been swimming early morning, but she does wild swimming in the lake no wonder they call themselves the bluetits.
Not much planned today, have a chicken casserole in the slow cooker.
If we can get car out of garage usually have problems when there's snow will take trip to matalan I have a 25% off voucher.
Safe journey for those travelling, best wishes anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your day stay warm and safe ?

Greyduster Mon 29-Nov-21 08:54:05

A very Happy Anniversary, Mr and Mrs Kalu!???

Anniebach Mon 29-Nov-21 08:55:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannagarra Mon 29-Nov-21 08:55:49

Happy 47th wedding anniversary Kalu. ???

monk08 Mon 29-Nov-21 08:56:53

Forgot to add what lovely photos this morning, really brighten the day up.

AGAA4 Mon 29-Nov-21 09:02:21

Good morning from North Wales. I am late this morning.
Yesterday I found the car was covered in foliage from the trees on the driveway. It was so dirty I had to take it to the car wash.
My poor GD was hit by a hard object that was thrown at the concert she was at on Saturday. She had a very swollen nose and had to have an ice pack on it all night.
Grandmadinosaur you have gorgeous grandchildren. You must be so proud.
Congratulations to Kalu and her DH on their anniversary.
?
Hope everyone has a pleasant day and ? to all who are not well or have worries.

Grandmadinosaur Mon 29-Nov-21 09:08:57

Congratulations on your Anniversary Kalu and Mr K I hope you have a lovely day. Was it a chilly day like this all those years ago?

Thank you for all your comments on my grandchildren yes we are so very proud of them. Pre GC I had no idea how much joy they bring into our lives. We are truly blessed.

Beechnut Mon 29-Nov-21 09:15:25

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsKalu ??

hulahoop Mon 29-Nov-21 09:23:12

It's a very cold day here in West York's the 2/3inch of snow is frozen a lot of car scraping can be heard I was hoping to get rest of my Xmas shopping done prior to my surgery later this month x

Forsythia Mon 29-Nov-21 09:29:50

Good morning from south London where we have quite a thick layer of frost on cars, roofs and grass. A bright cold day. My DD sent me a lovely video of my baby grandson discovering a baby bouncer for the first time. So cute. Bouncing up and down bless him. Today, we have a few chores to do and may venture for a short walk well wrapped up.
Hope everyone finds something to smile about today.

Megs36 Mon 29-Nov-21 09:35:33

Morning all, cheers to those not so good today, unfortunately that includes us, my husband had bad weekend with worsening COPD breathing and coughing a little blood, now waiting for call from doctors, we were 7 in line so hope it’s soon.
Smattering of snow this morning ,yuk.?❄️

EkwaNimitee Mon 29-Nov-21 09:40:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bleak-looking Carlisle. Yesterday afternoon's slow thaw was stopped by a freezing night, -3C when I went to bed. The road outside is looking rather treacherous so I'm not risking a trip into town. The Aussie cards will have to wait until tomorrow to post.
I'm getting at the housework and laundry instead.
A beautiful sunrise Nannagarra and a lovely photo of your GC's Grandmadinosaur. That young man doesn't know what's ahead...wait till she starts running around and messing with his stuff!
I hope everyone's travels go well and have a good day all.

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 09:42:04

Megs, I hope you get the call soon and help for your husband. This cold weather is not good for those of us with lung problems. Remember to look after yourself too. ?