Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 5th December 2021

(47 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 05-Dec-21 05:58:07

Good Morning Everyone ,
Up early as usual, its dark, but signs of rain outside here in Brackley .
Plans yesterday changed , the Buckingham trip never happened , I caught the bus to Bicester instead , as it arrived first .
Later met up with my sister as she is visiting , we went out had some drinks ,and then went to a local Turkish Restaurant for a meal , which was nice .
Today , she returns home , but she and her hubby have plans to visit there daughter in Canada for Xmas, but seeing something on the red button as to travel , they will have to be tested before they can travel regardless of jabs etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Sun 05-Dec-21 08:28:11

Happy birthday, Pants! ????

cornergran Sun 05-Dec-21 08:29:18

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset.

Out and about yesterday, it was busy but not as bad as we feared. Today the jigsaw will be finished - please. I’ll faff about and try to remember to switch on the timed battery lights at the right time. Spectacular failure so far.

A very happy birthday pantglas, your trip to York sounds an excellent plan. Hope your GP responds to your letter with a face to face appointment grandMattie, I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing. Stay warm greyd, hope that cold disappears soon. Understand your concerns about your husband scentia, men eh? That cough sounds dreadful notgran, a speedy departure would be good.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all, good wishes to everyone.

Jaxjacky Sun 05-Dec-21 08:55:15

Good morning all from a dry S Hants, 5 deg.
Very Happy Birthday pantglas ???, enjoy York.
Let’s hope you get a swift response from your GP gMattie.

I should write and post cards today, but our tree etc won’t be up until next weekend, I’ll see how I feel. Other than that, no real plans, a lazy day.
Enjoy yours all ??

Anniebach Sun 05-Dec-21 08:56:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gingster Sun 05-Dec-21 08:57:29

Good morning and it pouring down here in Essex.

We put the decs up yesterday with lots of help from DS1 and two of the gs’s. 12 and 15 and such lovely girls. They were little ‘tinkers’ when they were younger ! ??.
We then went off to a German Xmas Market. Lots of people but didn’t feel too crammed in. I bought the girls a fairy each for their bedroom trees to thank them for all their help.

Today we have DD , twin boys (15) and little gd (6), coming for lunch. DD has her op this week to remove more of her malignant mole, so we must keep cheerful and not dwell on things. We are all very worried , of course. Thanks Sar for your positive pm’s. ?

Happy birthday pants have a lovely week

Hope the Christening goes well gwen . I’m sure it will be lovely.

Scentia - I say the same to my Dh. ‘You are a grown up , try to do the right thing! MEN!!!!!

Safe journeys for all who are travelling
Hope all poorly grans feel better
Keep warm and safe, everyone. ????‍?

Urmstongran Sun 05-Dec-21 09:03:30

Good morning everyone from Rip Van Winkle in south Manchester where it’s dry and quiet outside on the main road through Urmston.

Here is today’s Matt cartoon to share.

My stepfather is coming for his dinner today. I’ve not seen him since 14 November owing to that awful virus I had. We do speak every day though. It will be nice to sit together for an afternoon, after which Himself will run him home then settle down to watch the Grand Prix at teatime.

I’ve just been passed a mug of tea so I’m going to sit back and read about your doings. Enjoy Sunday all who can. x

Harris27 Sun 05-Dec-21 09:09:14

Happy birthday pant! Enjoy every minute of it. Doing the tree today and catching up with chores. Hubby away with work four days this week early night and catch up with books for me. Christmas has caught up with me and I can see it speeding ahead but all will get done. Happy Sunday to all.

multicolourswapshop Sun 05-Dec-21 09:12:10

Good morning all from a dull and very cold like day here on the east coast of Fife. Where’s that cracking sunrise this morning? It poured with large wet snow flakes nearly all day yesterday.it was a miserable afternoon . We cheered ourselves up with a fish supper for our evening meal it was delicious.

Nothing much on today it’ll be a stay at home day hope there’s
a good Christmas film on tv. We’ve just purchased sky films alongside the Disney channel should get something of interest.

That’s mr cuckoo clock off again. I’m so cosy I think I’ll have

another 15 minutes it’ll soon be time to open my advent calendar. I usually open the calendar drawer (it’s very posh around coffee time .There’s all sorts of daily surprises in there. I kept last year’s calendar box which I was given from my dd it came from the White company filled with all sorts of smellies far too expensive but exquisite.

The Photo is a heated eye mask, my first day from the calendar was one of my most favourite chocolate bars - Turkish delight how did she know that? So very thoughtful I’ve got such a kind family.

Have a good Sunday and be careful everyone enjoy the day grin

Urmstongran Sun 05-Dec-21 09:15:10

Beechnut I’m assembling the SOAP dish later for dinner as my stepfather loves it with spring greens on the side! He likes some Dijon mustard in the mash too.

Happy Birthday Pantglas! Enjoy your stay in York. I assume you’ll be picking up the tab out of your pension! ?

multicolourswapshop Sun 05-Dec-21 09:16:35

Happy birthday Pant have a lovely day ????????

Kalu Sun 05-Dec-21 09:35:00

Good morning all from a brighter, crisp day in Glasgow.

Christmas cards to write and post, DD2 and SiL’s card already posted to Australia, make a start wrapping gifts if I can remember where I have hidden them away from DG’s prying eyes. I started doing jigsaws with the girls when they were 3 respectively, starting with 4 wooden pieces. Two of the easiest gifts to buy are a new, 1,000 pieces jigsaw each at Christmas. Also bought one for DH and I, something to enjoy through winter.
I have made a tentative start with outside white fairy lights, something I enjoy most at this time of year. Most are in the back garden but it’s DH’s job to do the lights on the Christmas tree at the side of the drive and hang pre lit wreaths.

Happy Birthday Pant and many happy returns of the day.
???.
Sounds like you had a lovely time with your sister Mick
A worrying time for you Marydoll. I do hope neither your DD or SiL are too ill and they both make a quick recovery. ?

Wishing a pleasant day for all?

EkwaNimitee Sun 05-Dec-21 09:38:40

Good morning Mick and everyone from Carlisle where it may or may not brighten up, there's a lot of cloud about. I am tempted to go out in the garden, unless it rains of course.
Otherwise, reading the papers and writing the Christmas cards.
I made up my Tesco list yesterday and noted that most if not all slots after my delivery date next week had gone. It will be out again to the supermarket if I need anything else later on. I had a trip out yesterday to Sainsbury's and the localish grocer/butcher and managed to get some partridge and pheasant breasts for my freezer. I hope DS2 likes game when he arrives. I'm cautiously optimistic about the arrival although the covid regulations keep tightening up.
Do have a good day everyone and hopefully some sunshine.

Georgesgran Sun 05-Dec-21 09:39:21

Good morning from a very wet Durham, following another wild and windy night. Not posting often, but read this thread every morning. I’m off to a Hotel just outside Newcastle to meet both DDs and DGSs at a Christmas Fayre. DD2 was married there, so hope they’ve improved the carpark.
Birthday greetings to Pant. Love York, hope you enjoy it.
Commiserations to those under the weather, whatever the issue. Pleased Soop’s GoFundMe page is doing well too - she deserves it.
Should write my cards later, but can’t find much enthusiasm.
Have a good day.

LauraNorderr Sun 05-Dec-21 10:24:48

Good morning Mick and all from a beautifully sunny Anglesey, not a cloud in the sky.
All that effort to send this gorgeous birthday weather along the coast and you’re off to York Pant. Have a lovely day. Very happy birthday.
Hope the doc sees you grandMattie, pain is so debilitating.
Hope Mr Notgran soon recovers, your train sounds like fun Notgran.
Nice to see you Georgesgran, enjoy your trip to the Christmas Fayre, hopefully it’ll boost your enthusiasm a little. Can’t be easy.
Special thoughts to all of you who’ve lost someone special. Be gentle with yourselves.
Get better all of those in sick bay.
Wishing you all a day of random pink flamingos (stolen moments of sheer joy).

GrannySomerset Sun 05-Dec-21 10:31:51

Waiting for DS to get back from his run so we can go to see DH and then a Tesco trip - can’t depend on the kindness of neighbours all the time. Then he is back to London and I need to start thinking about Christmas though it will be very strange this year.

It’s been so good to have him here - he is sensible and sympathetic but not slushy, which suits me fine. Financial planning under way and the shape of the future considered, though so much is unknown.

Nannagarra Sun 05-Dec-21 10:34:18

Good morning from sunny, dry Sefton.
Yesterday, whilst the wind howled and the rain proved relentless, our tree and decorations went up. In the kitchen tubs of seasonal savoury nibbles winked at me. They are awful, but I do like them! grin
Happy birthday Pants. ??? Enjoy York - a stunning place.
Have a safe and smile-filled Sunday everyone. ???

LauraNorderr Sun 05-Dec-21 10:34:36

GrannySomerset brew and cupcake.
Not too slushy I hope

Gagagran Sun 05-Dec-21 10:58:54

A late good morning all! I was up at 6.30am and decided to have a cuppa then get going with wrapping presents as I had an unusual burst of energy.

Just finished and having a coffee while I catch up with what everyone else is up to. DH has cleared away all the debris involved in decanting packaging then wrapping and labelling presents. We give the DGC money in their bank accounts but I always give them two wrapped presents as well. I just need to arrange the BACS and do a card each now. Our son in law's birthday is on 28th December so also have to do his card to put with his present.

Happy birthday to you Pantglas and have a lovely time in beautiful York! The Shambles will be looking very festive now I expect and almost Dickensian!

A busy week ahead for us but some nice bits in it. Will report back in due course!

Go safely travellers and take care everyone. sunshine

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 05-Dec-21 11:21:12

Happy Birthday Pantglas???

Auntieflo Sun 05-Dec-21 11:42:29

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a wet and windy bit of Berks.
We have not gone to Church this morning, I am still sore and achey and DH is under the weather as well. So a day in the warm doing nothing much.
Happy Birthday Pant.
Yesterday I finished knitting two little woolly bobble hats, that I gave to the twins across the road. Not sure if they will like them, but it used up some yarn and kept me busy.
Sorry to hear that you are still feeling poorly Marydoll, lets hope wee Dollie cheers you up.
Last might I had trouble with my emails, but this morning Mr Google is happier and receiving and sending them. Phew! I was on the point of asking Marydoll if she could help. We have lost NanaMcGeek from here.
Anyway, coffee beckons and a washing machine to empty.
Have a good day one and all.

watermeadow Sun 05-Dec-21 18:03:50

Today was the eagerly-awaited C FOR CATS DAY. My daughter took me to collect two cats from the only cat rescue I could find which would rehome where there’s a little dog.
They are so beautiful and I am so excited! Now we are home and they are hiding on the top of the wardrobe, overwhelmed, poor darlings.
A new start, a new family. I have promised them a safe and loving home.