Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you enjoy eating turkey?

(140 Posts)
Judy54 Mon 06-Dec-21 16:51:34

I personally am not keen on turkey but like all the trimmings that go with it. Love pigs in blankets, stuffing, vegetables (I really love sprouts). Christmas day is the only time that I ever eat turkey but would prefer a good roast beef and Yorkshire puddings. Do you stick with tradition and have turkey because that is what is expected or do you opt for something else that you would prefer to eat? I don't like Christmas pudding either far to rich after Christmas dinner.

Calistemon Tue 07-Dec-21 22:40:59

MissAdventure

I'd be very interested if anyone has a veggie option that is oven ready to recommend. --and cheap--

www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/food-reviews/g23814761/best-vegetarian-christmas-dinner/

MissAdventure Tue 07-Dec-21 22:52:45

Oh thank you.
The Morrison's one looks nice and has cranberries in.
I love them with my sprouts!

M0nica Tue 07-Dec-21 23:07:11

I grow them and have three still on my windowsill, although it will be down to one by the end of the week.

MissAdventure Tue 07-Dec-21 23:25:37

Hmmm..
I wonder if I could grow one or two?
Not by Christmas, obviously, but I really like the idea of stuffing them with veg and putting a self grown lid on.

Pepper59 Wed 08-Dec-21 01:40:58

We have chicken,just a family tradition, though we do eat turkey occasionally.

M0nica Wed 08-Dec-21 07:22:13

You do not get a choice. plant one plant and you will get anything from 1 to 10, but they do grow easily

Grandadtel Wed 08-Dec-21 18:40:49

I dont have Turkey... Love a leg o lamb tho...... At 35 quid a leg.... Its a treat.... Mmmmm

Forsythia Wed 08-Dec-21 18:44:47

We like turkey and have always had it when the family all were here. Now, as there’s less of us, we are having a chicken. Less to get through as we will be out on Boxing Day with family.

Evelyn92 Mon 03-Jan-22 06:48:06

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

henetha Mon 03-Jan-22 11:09:30

I love turkey but don't get much chance to eat it. I bought a big chicken, for economic reasons.

Esmay Mon 03-Jan-22 21:12:49

Love turkey and all the extras that go with it !
And not just at Christmas !

Mollygo Mon 03-Jan-22 21:21:48

Love our home cooked turkey. Hotel turkey was enough to put me off for life, and it was a good hotel too.

rubysong Mon 03-Jan-22 21:32:05

I suddenly realised, late on Christmas Eve, that I hadn't got a veggie option for DS2. I had some frozen puff pastry, and made a mixture of lentils, onion, tomato puree, red pepper with herbs and chili (can't remember if I put anything else in). I rolled the pastry and put the filling in, covering it with lattice cut pastry. He said it was very good, but he is always polite and kind!

VioletSky Mon 03-Jan-22 21:34:54

I was a bit disappointed I didn't get a turkey for new years day. Did manage to get a few sandwiches out of the Christmas say one though, love a turkey and mint sauce sandwich