Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th December 2021

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Dec-21 05:59:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looks dry outside here in brackley .
I must start to get my weight down again having put it on over xmas , so I plan to get the bus to Bicester ,and do my usual there .
Otherwise sorting things out in the flat.
Take Care,
Mick

Nannytopsy Wed 29-Dec-21 08:24:34

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Although the ground is wet, it isn’t raining! Fingers crossed for a bit of brighter weather later.
DS, DiL and various family members are coming to tea tonight. We never know which of their teenagers will come. I feel very out of practice at entertaining these days.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

grandMattie Wed 29-Dec-21 08:27:04

Good morning from a grey E Kent.
I’ve only just woken up- an unheard event - and must get some food in. I’ll be back! Perhaps not today as I have guests for lunch and dinner.
I’m fine, just was a bit frazzled. I’ll explain when I’ll post. Thank you all you lovely GraMmingos for your kindness. ❤️
Carpe diem ?????

ginny Wed 29-Dec-21 08:27:11

Good morning everyone.
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and words re my news yesterday.
Nephew is stable and resting as is the friend who should have been coming to stay.
The other friend whose husband died has family with her now. I hope to see her in a day or two.
I really should put the spare days I have to good use so shall work in that today.
Kind thoughts to all in sorrow or pain of any kind. Hope there is a smile coming your way

grandMattie Wed 29-Dec-21 08:30:48

Oh, and our journey only took 5 hours including 2 T&P stops, with lunch thrown in. We seem to have missed most of the incidents - just a bit slow nearing the M4/25 interchanges as usual, and near Guildford as usual. Thank you for thinking of us. ❤️
(T&P = tea and pee! ?)

Urmstongran Wed 29-Dec-21 08:35:13

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s raining. We are picking the grandchildren up in an hour to take them to Click & Climb. It’s ideal for this weather as an indoor activity. We will then take them out for lunch & they can then come up here to play for an hour. Our son in law goes back to work today after the Christmas break and this will give our daughter a few hours of headspace! ‘Me time’ I think it’s called nowadays...

No Matt, sorry. He must be away on holiday. I will include one as soon as he returns to the Telegraph. Enjoy Wednesday all who can. x

Jaxjacky Wed 29-Dec-21 08:36:07

Morning Mick and all from a wet S Hants. Transporting bikes to DD later and washing bedding, today’s jobs.
Thoughts with those poorly or worried.
Have a good day all ??

Auntieflo Wed 29-Dec-21 08:38:50

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
I am up earlier than usual, as I have a blood test at 9 am. Then a CT scan later, so that's my morning sorted.
Our cleaner will be here to do her magic, I think, as I'm not sure of the arrangements we made before Christmas.
Have a good day one and all.

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Dec-21 08:39:11

Good morning all from a soggy Polmont. Wet,wet,wet today and currently 3°. It's still quite dark outside too.
Yesterday was a lovely quiet day and I pottered around for most of it. I had a bad nights sleep though so I'm not feeling at my best this morning. A usual Wednesday awaits. I'll visit mum then I have a couple of deliveries to make. Dd left stuff behind on Christmas Day so I'll nip up with it. Apart from that, nothing is planned. Have a good day all.

Anniebach Wed 29-Dec-21 08:40:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Wed 29-Dec-21 08:43:04

Good morning Mick, morning all from very soggy South Lanarkshire.

Daft dug has been walked, she really hates the rain but needs must.

DH is downstairs in the dressing gown of doom (the only time it sees the light of day is when he’s ill!), he seems a little better this morning. 7th day of our 10 day isolation.

Sorry to hear that your little one is ill GG and Marydoll, I hope you improve as the day goes on.

Wishing everyone a peaceful peaceful day.

aggie Wed 29-Dec-21 08:52:28

Good Morning all , wet and windy here but I have plenty to do here inside , I have a raft of birthday cards to make for family birthdays in January and February, there’s crochet to finish , or I can remember where I am in the pattern and some Christmas goodies to eat before I join the weight losers !
I hope the poorly feel better soon , the brighter days are coming ?

NannyJan53 Wed 29-Dec-21 08:56:40

Good morning from a damp and dull Black Country,

Yesterday turned out to be a dry day, and we actually had blue skies and sun on our walk around Highgate Common. I am on the right in the photo.

Finished off the Turkey yesterday, just Ham to finish now. Just the job with MrJ's homemade pickled onions.

My DS is 46 today! Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days of having a firstborn just for a few hours. He was always a lovely, placid child, and still is as a man. We are hopefully having a family get together on Sunday for his and Mums birthday which is Monday 3rd Jan.

Ashcombe there is always congestion around Bristol, we go that way often as our caravan is stored in Somerset, and breath a sigh of relief if we get past without problems.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Sar53 Wed 29-Dec-21 08:58:00

Good morning from a very damp and dreary Essex by the sea.

I'm not feeling my best so DH has gone out to do a little food shopping. My LFT was negative this morning so just a normal winter virus I think.

DD2 is having her dressings changed today, good luck to your daughter Gingster.

Sorry to hear that your grandson is poorly GG13, I hope he perks up soon.

A day for doing nothing today. Probably reading and watching tv.

Have the best Wednesday you can, stay safe and warm and find that smile somewhere xxx

Barmeyoldbat Wed 29-Dec-21 08:59:56

Good morning everyone, it’s raining on and off ands it looks like a grey dull day. BUT I am not fooled, yesterday started the same way and it turned out to be ok with some sun. So today it’s bikes on the car and over to Wales. If if this rather continues then it will be a bit of lunch and a wander around the shops. Also going to sort my weight gain out. So have a happy day evertone

Alygran Wed 29-Dec-21 09:10:52

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s pouring down again.
I had a very good drive back from High Peak. I spent the afternoon unpacking and enjoying my bag of presents again.
Today I must go into town for some food. I brought turkey and salad for my supper to save me having to go straight out yesterday.
Sorry to hear of so many GNs and family members being poorly. Get well soon.
Have a good day everyone.

hulahoop Wed 29-Dec-21 09:11:08

Ginnyand to all having a bit so good day ??

hulahoop Wed 29-Dec-21 09:11:35

Not so

cornergran Wed 29-Dec-21 09:12:44

Morning Mick, morning All from a very damp corner of Somerset

Our covid-son says he’s been hit by a bus, still working from home though. I’m not sure if I’m pleased as that means he can’t be too unwell or cross that he isn’t resting.

A quiet couple of days here as I’ve been feeling proper poorly. Many lateral flow tests assure me not covid - couldn’t blame our son anyway as haven’t seen him for a while. Much better this morning so normal service will soon be resumed. The Butler seems to be relieved. Some gentle dust removal on my agenda before the grocery order arrives. Well, assuming I get out of bed!

Pleased the travellers arrived safely, hope for the same for those setting out today. Our nearest motorway has been summer busy so I’m told.

Take care everyone. Thinking of those finding life a struggle and a hope that Wednesday is gentle with us all.

BlueSapphire Wed 29-Dec-21 09:19:56

Good morning everyone from a wet Northampton, but as I have no plans to go out today it can rain as much as it likes. I do not even have to put the bins out as there is nothing in them, due to me being away.

DD brought me home yesterday; we dropped my stuff off at home then went out again straight away to see DGD(14) in panto. She is a brilliant dancer (I would say that, wouldn't I?), and we thoroughly enjoyed it. So many excited children - I got so much pleasure from watching the little 3/4 yr old in front of me joining in with everything amid squeals of laughter! It was DGD's last performance this season, so she can rest for a while before school next week.

A quiet day ahead, apart from the return of the cats in about an hour's time. Must get myself showered and dressed, and unpack my suircase. Having finished my Poirot book on Monday I think I shall watch the film of it this afternoon with maybe a sherry and a piece of Christmas cake...

Wishing all a good day ahead.

monk08 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:20:10

Good morning all from a wet Black country.
All these talk of diets make me think will have to take DH in check before his next meeting with his heart nurse, on his last meeting she told him you should lose weight in the summer not put it on. Unfortunately he looks at food and gains weight unlike myself who is the same as when we married 48yrs ago.
Will make some parsnip and pear soup for later and see what else the day brings.
Enjoy your Wednesday and may you all find some ?.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:31:09

Good morning - rain is tipping down.

DD and SiL left yesterday but we are keeping the dog til the New Year.
I think DD was quite upset yesterday as her dog just ignored them when they left and didn’t try to go with them. He is spoilt here.

Good to see you are okay grandMattie and hope you feel better soon Marydoll.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 29-Dec-21 09:40:29

Good morning from East Yorkshire. It’s a little brighter but damp. Those poor children with bikes etc for Christmas and not being able to get out on them.

Had a good mooch around Beverley yesterday. I bought a couple of jumpers, jokey Christmas socks for a next year stocking and cards. I was disappointed that there wasn’t my shade of foundation in ( with the demise of dept stores now not many places to buy it) and I wasn’t amused that Lakeland have stopped doing the roasting bags I use. ?

No plans today. We may go across and see the family or invite them here for tea and cake. I need to join the losers on here ( weight I’m talking there!) and get myself eating better and more active. It’s hard starting after the festivities as we have lots of birthdays starting tomorrow right through till March. Add in pancake day and Valentines….

Thinking of you Grandmasue but lovely memories to look back on

Thinking of everyone else with ills,worries etc.
Take care everyone.

Grannyme6 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:51:42

Morning from a damp and drizzly south coast. Having a quiet day after a post-Christmas get-together at DS’s with DD as well as the other granny and wider family. 14 of us in all, including 5 youngsters. We were so lucky that everyone had tested negative. Was a good day and it feels a bit flat now.
Must shake myself up and get on with the day, need to walk into town to pick up a box of Lt tests, if there are any left, and maybe have a coffee - if I can persuade DH to come with me.
Best wishes to all.

Blossoming Wed 29-Dec-21 09:53:02

Good morning Mick and everybody. Raining heavily in my corner of Lancashire, currently 7°C. It brightened up after lunch yesterday and we had a lovely seaside walk at Lytham, just a short drive from here. Mr. B has been to Lidl for a few essentials, there were a lot of gaps on the shelves. No real plans for today other than laundry. The usual physio exercises and cycling (indoors) later.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ???

Stilllearning Wed 29-Dec-21 09:54:02

Good morning from Biggar on the edge of S Lanarkshire where I’m finishing my Christmas tour today. I’ve had a lovely few days with daughters and families and am headed home today where I hope I’ll be able to start remembering which day it is! I feel totally disoriented at the moment.

I’ve been reading every day and have been enjoying all the happy tales (and cartoons) but remembering all who have been unwell or have had family concerns?Glad to hear your DH is feeling not too bad now baubles.

After I left one of my daughter’s on Boxing Day, her brother in law and his partner came to visit, no lateral flow test done beforehand and he tested positive the next day, so I am now anxiously waiting to hear if they have been infected. Youngest DGS has a heart condition.

Wishing everyone the best day possible ???