Gransnet forums

Chat

Laughing till we cry

(111 Posts)
Serendipity22 Sun 20-Feb-22 10:31:08

My GD has just reminded me of a few weeks ago when we literally cried with laughter and just now when she reminded me we laughed so much my sides hurt.

The incident is unexplainable, it was literally a case of you HAD to be there.

There are countless other you HAD to be there moments but it all lead me to starting this post of WHAT MADE YOU LAUGH TILL YOU CRIED hahahaha.

A happy thread for a dismal Sunday morning....

smilesmilesmilesmile

Jane43 Wed 23-Feb-22 03:40:00

My mother wasn’t noted for her sense of humour, she loved cricket and when she heard Brian Johnston say in his commentary, ‘The bowler’s Holding the Batsman’s Willey’ she couldn’t stop laughing for ages.

MissAdventure Wed 23-Feb-22 08:29:00

When I was at work, one of the men I supported used to follow me around all the time.
I was rummaging in a cupboard, looking for something, and a tin of cocoa fell out, with the lid off.
It literally dumped a pile of cocoa on my head, and covered my face in it.

When I turned around, my follower was right behind me, also with a cocoa covered face.
When we blinked, the only white parts of us was around our eyes. grin

Serendipity22 Wed 23-Feb-22 15:49:38

MissAdventure

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gmarie3 Thu 24-Feb-22 07:17:10

In 1964, My dad and I laughed so much during "Shot In The Dark". I remember there were tears and sore cheeks during the globe and pool table scenes and when Peter Sellers, as Inspector Clouseau, exclaims, "And you killed him in a rit of fealous jage". Seems so silly, now, but that is one of my favorite memories with Dad. Sure miss him.

Then, just last week, I was telling my sons about a scene in Parks & Rec that I thought was particularly funny (they've been trying to get me to watch it for awhile now) and I got the giggles which got them laughing and I couldn't stop, waterworks and all. Love and laughter - just the best combo!

Sago Thu 24-Feb-22 08:01:26

Driving through Holland we stopped at a little cafe, we plonked ourselves down on some outdoor chairs and a lady promptly came out and asked if she could help us.
We ordered coffees which duly arrived with a plate of biscuits.
We sat enjoyed our coffee, biscuits and surroundings for a while then asked the lady how much we owed.
The reply was nothing…….this is my garden.
Our embarrassment quickly turned to laughter as did the ladies and her family who had been watching from the house.
We laughed until we cried!
As we left we realised the sign we had assumed was for a cafe was actually for honey.

MissAdventure Thu 24-Feb-22 08:03:46

grin

Nacky Fri 25-Feb-22 08:10:14

Thank you everyone for your funny stories. Sago reminded me of a time when I was visiting open gardens (some with refreshments) with a friend. My friend was navigating and directed me up a lane where we found a house with some people on a terrace enjoying afternoon tea. I called out that we would not need tea thanks but would have a look around the garden which we did while being watched by the rather puzzled looking people on the terrace. We waved a cheery goodbye and set off, about half a mile along the road we saw another lane, this with a helpful arrow. Yes, you've guessed it.
I pulled off the road and we laughed until we cried.

Serendipity22 Fri 25-Feb-22 17:27:49

When i was a carer, a new lady was on my rota who was bedridden. I asked the other carers the directions to this lady's house ( she lived with her husband)

I was given directions and told it was the house with the red door.

So, off i go to the house with the red door. I got out of my car, walked up the path, knocked, walked in calling "Hello its only me the carer."

The husband came out of the kitchen as i was putting my plastic apron on and gloves.

I introduced myself said i was pleased to meet him and where was his wife ( meaning which bedroom ) He looked at me and said "Oh she's up at the post office."

I said "POST OFFICE ?????" ( Remember this lady was bed ridden)

All turns out I was at the wrong house !!!!!

Serendipity22 Fri 25-Feb-22 17:30:13

Forgot to add to my post that it wasnt ME who laughed till I cried, it was the husband.

giulia Fri 25-Feb-22 20:08:40

Sago

Driving through Holland we stopped at a little cafe, we plonked ourselves down on some outdoor chairs and a lady promptly came out and asked if she could help us.
We ordered coffees which duly arrived with a plate of biscuits.
We sat enjoyed our coffee, biscuits and surroundings for a while then asked the lady how much we owed.
The reply was nothing…….this is my garden.
Our embarrassment quickly turned to laughter as did the ladies and her family who had been watching from the house.
We laughed until we cried!
As we left we realised the sign we had assumed was for a cafe was actually for honey.

Hilarious! and how hospitable!