Gransnet forums

Chat

I do love them BUT……

(133 Posts)
Esspee Tue 22-Feb-22 17:38:49

I am sure many of us have people in our lives that we love but who sometimes drive us crazy.
As an example my OH and I are a great match BUT he constantly leaves drawers, cupboards and doors open. I am constantly closing things and I have to check the outside doors as they are often unlocked.
He is 75 so I reckon I am unlikely to be able to change him so I try to remain calm and ignore it.
What drives you crazy about your loved ones?

Ohmother Thu 24-Feb-22 18:58:46

My OH asked me to explain why I keep losing my rag with him.

He got really mardy when I produced the PowerPoint. ???

Mom3 Fri 25-Feb-22 20:49:49

Mine leaves cupboard doors open, too, but slams doors loudly. The most annoying thing is his loud throat clearing, several times per minute especially when we are reading before going to bed. He says he can't help it. He recently had a scan done so he doesn't have Garrett's Esophagus or throat cancer. Just when I'm about to leap at him and choke him, he fortunately dozes off. He does fix me coffee in the morning and he is a good cook who fixes dinner. He does make a giant mess but I don't mind cleaning up.

Florencelady Sat 26-Feb-22 00:25:50

This is like therapy . I thought my dh was the only one who does these things as my brothers are all very neat and tidy. He leaves all doors open including outside ones, took me years to get him to lock outside doors at night..loses everything but they are just in front of him..disappears to the garden/ shed just as l am about to serve dinner although he has seen me cooking it etc. Funny but comforting how so many do the same things

janipans Sat 26-Feb-22 21:14:13

Hmmm! The toilet is my main niggle - both in and around! Nuff said!

MissAdventure Sun 27-Feb-22 00:27:06

Oh, the dreaded toilet. angry
I could commit murder about the "in and around" issue.

DanniRae Sun 27-Feb-22 13:27:00

Ok mine doesn't leave cupboard doors etc open and it's me who sneezes loudly but when the heating is on and I get the room I am sitting in nice and warm he leaves the door open when he goes out and sometimes leaves the back door open too. I can't believe he doesn't understand that if you leave a door open all the heat will escape. It drives me mad angry
If I ask him to get out a pork chop or chicken breasts to defrost he puts them on the smallest plate he find which means they defrost all over the counter.
If he is in the kitchen clearing up after the dinner I have cooked I have caught him slopping leftovers onto the floor for the dog to eat! How disgusting!!
But I have had a bad back lately and he has been so good at looking after me - constantly asking if I need anything I am willing to forget all the above - well maybe not all the heat disappearing out of an open door...... hmm

lifebeginsat60 Mon 07-Mar-22 11:18:44

My hubbie once ruptured a disk in his back suppressing a loud sneeze and spent 5 days in hospital in agony. He just lets rip now. It's deafening and scares the life out of me, but rather that than the alternative!